Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Brisbane Barkly Build - Post handover: bookshelf

Page 20 of 21
Chaton
First morning waking up in the new home. Lovely.

So much left to do. And hubby has put the first ding in the wall of course! (Much like the first ding in our car!) But overall very happy and keen to get stuff unpacked!

Ooowww so happy for you guys

Lol at hubby putting a ding! Those dings and finger marks make a house a home

viewtopic.php?t=78985

How was your first night Chaton? Can't believe you guys slept there already wow. That's super fast. Did you have the movers in yesterday arvo?

Poor hubby won't live down his ding

Agree with franky, so extremely happy for you.

Tribe7
How was your first night Chaton? Can't believe you guys slept there already wow. That's super fast. Did you have the movers in yesterday arvo?

Yes - we slept here last night. Without the kids! Oldest had a sleep over at my brother's place with his cousin, and was SUPER excited about it and had a great time. Youngest slept at my in laws. We were knackered after all the moving and unpacking and were in bed by 9!

We had movers come at midday. They were FANTASTIC! Cheapest and fastest move ever! It took less than 2.5 hours to load our stuff up, drive it over here (same suburb) and unload it all. I paid $95 per hour so all up was $225! Sunshine State Removals - I highly recommend them! The move from our old house to the rental was 4 times that much but these guys had so many different dolly or trundle things, and the two blokes were both huge burly blokes. They often took an item each that the last movers would have had to have two blokes carry.
Sounds like a very smooth move! Congrats!!

You got lucky with the movers then. Haha. I know what they pay their guys and let's just say they don't care of them very well and tend to go through them quickly. Not surprised with the hourly rates they charge - it doesn't include insurance either so you're lucky nothing was damaged. But congrats on finally moving in! I've missed so much not checking the forums out! Haha

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
So far so good for the most part! We are LOVING the new house. Its so good to have our own ensuite! The WIR behind our bed is HUGE! The pantry is awesome! so much storage in cupboards and such.

We've hung curtains in the lounge, family and study area, our table and chairs have arrived, we picked up some couches in mint condition for dirt cheap from Gumtree and its starting to come together. I'll post photos when there aren't so many half unpacked boxes about

Two small issues we've had - the fan in the media room doesn't work on setting 2 or 3, only on 1 (the fastest, OMG is it going to come flying off speed) and the lock on the door between the garage and hallway won't lock. We've logged them in the Metricon portal but we are in no huge rush to have it sorted.

Still have to organise turfing for the backyard, and this weekend or the next we have to pull up some of the front turfing to put in a mulched garden bed to meet our covenants. Can't wait to plant it out!
You should posts some pics Chaton!
We finally got our Barkly slab down last week.
I will - though our house is still in the setting up phase!
Hey Chaton, how's everything going in your new palace?

Dying for some pics

Omg that portal thing is nuts. We have our 6 month inspection in a few weeks and I stupidly thought I would make a list and then add it in, I went through the house thoroughly and made a rather large list and then had to sit there and add it all in
. My advise would be to add each item in as soon as you notice it or you will be in the same boat of pain as I was.

Did you get your turfing and green bed done?

We finally got turf in the backyard on Friday!

Side of the house with bonus swimming gear on the line and dog

Our tiny backyard witht he soaker hose giving the new turf a good drink
We've had a couple of minor things to log with Metricon service portal but the one that is really grinding on me is our dishwasher, mostly because it being out of action makes such an impact! The silly thing has been playing up for a while now but yesterday completely packed it in. Grrr

Otherwise, still loving our place
Bummer about your dishwasher Chaton. Have M made any effort to resolve this?

Building a custom Sterling home in Adelaide.
CustomStirling
Bummer about your dishwasher Chaton. Have M made any effort to resolve this?

No, nothing from M yet, but we only logged it with them yesterday.

After bailing out all the filthy water at the bottom, hubby managed to get it going again tonight (after we'd hand washed EVERYTHING of course!), so we'll see how it goes.

M were really good with sending someone to fix out ceiling fan that only worked on one speed in the week after we moved in.
Good on you hubs! Hand washing sucks!
good luck with it, keep us posted on what happens please.

Building a custom Sterling home in Adelaide.
False alarm - it stopped mid-cycle again and is full of water. He'll have to bail it out tonight again and we'll be hand washing
Hey Chaton, glad to hear your happy with your house and is all going well (bar the moody dishwasher) hope you get it fixed soon.

Any updated pics?

Chaton
False alarm - it stopped mid-cycle again and is full of water. He'll have to bail it out tonight again and we'll be hand washing

Oh you poor thing! That must suck. Is it the builders brand of dishwasher, or is it one that you upgraded to?
Let me see what I can do about pics...
Here's some pics from my phone - very candid shots!

My 2 yr old loves the new road and car stickers by his bed!

He also loves the toy room (and I love having the toy area out of sight of the main living and entertaining areas!)

We cleaned out the garage recently, its finally looking organised

Not much change in the bathroom pics, bar the addition of a potty and bath mat

Hard to take a good photo of my 6 yr old's room as the wardrobe is on the left immediately in the door.

He loves his new Pokemon stickers above his bed though

The media room / Nerd Room

The boys chilling out (Tiny man is wearing pants!)

LOVE a big new pantry!

Our dining area - the table and light I've mentioned before

Our study needs a bit of work - shelves need to go in the recess and we need some decoration / whiteboard and pinboard above the desks.

Our kitchen - Love the splashback, love the huge oven, love it all!
Woooo hoooooo your place is looking fab Chaton, I got the same road sticker for charchie and they wouldn't stay on the wall? Yours sticking? How gorgeous are your boys
. Dining table and pendant are awesome love them
hehehhe to the nerd room, as long as they are all happy. Bahahhaha holy cow you have a decent stash in your pantry, I'll have a hogs and lemonade and maybe a vodka and lime please

Related
15/05/2024
open bookshelf in hallway

Building A New House

I want to do open bookshelf (W 1860mm x D 350mm x H 2700mm) like this in hallway where can I get the thicker timber slab similar to this image in…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum