Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sezza's Perth Build.. WE ARE IN!!!!

Page 20 of 22
Thanks for the tip! We did see you mention that in your earlier posts but it would mean losing space in the bedroom due to the hallway bit. We have had our initial quote from the salesman with the qstone kitchen bench and the laundry cupboards and still comes in a lot cheaper than the display version. We are keeping the normal bath, might actually ask for it to be the bigger size but not a spa. And we've added the corner window like the Grand as we'll have a bush view from there

One thing, did you get your tiles in the bathrooms made higher and if so, what was the rough cost of this? Have no idea how much this will all add up to at prestart!
Love your floor tiling too
sezza
trying to get insurance quotes at the moment.
doing my head in

so many differant companies and policies
what they do and dont cover

is there a website where it compares them all to make life alot easier?????

like has all the companies listed and stats features and ticks them if they have it so its cleared to compare????

looks like we may be getting the keys very soon. just waiting on the bank to transfer funds.

Try this site sezza: http://www.canstar.com.au/home-and-contents-insurance/

Keys soon, very exciting. I take it you didn't have much to fix up or get finished off?
Sezza make sure that it's the insurance company approved by your bank
chuffy
Thanks for the tip! We did see you mention that in your earlier posts but it would mean losing space in the bedroom due to the hallway bit. We have had our initial quote from the salesman with the qstone kitchen bench and the laundry cupboards and still comes in a lot cheaper than the display version. We are keeping the normal bath, might actually ask for it to be the bigger size but not a spa. And we've added the corner window like the Grand as we'll have a bush view from there

One thing, did you get your tiles in the bathrooms made higher and if so, what was the rough cost of this? Have no idea how much this will all add up to at prestart!
Love your floor tiling too

I think with the bedroom you may be able to make it a lil longer. but i guess you would still lose a lil bit of space with the hallway.

we did get a quote on the cnr window but didnt go with it coz we thought it was a lil too expensive.. especially when we already spent a bomb!!!

it was under 4 grand to make adjustment to our ensuite. then add all the extra for our tiling

this included having:

Shower screen and tiling to 2 meters.
Adding a 2nd shower rose
Adding a vanity basin
Adding cupboards to full length of benchtop
Full sixe mirror width of benchtop
and a corner bath

we laugh. before prestart we were asked how much we expected to spent there.. we thought 6 grand was reasonable.. but when our costings came back at something like 17 grand..

we were like ok what dont we really need!!!!

are you going to block off one of the ensuite enterances or leave them both open????
agabob

huh??? i havent heard of this before????
dont some banks approve of some insurance companies???
bloody banks!!!! always a catch!!!
Quote:
it was under 4 grand to make adjustment to our ensuite. then add all the extra for our tiling
this included having:

Shower screen and tiling to 2 meters.
Adding a 2nd shower rose
Adding a vanity basin
Adding cupboards to full length of benchtop
Full sixe mirror width of benchtop
and a corner bath

we laugh. before prestart we were asked how much we expected to spent there.. we thought 6 grand was reasonable.. but when our costings came back at something like 17 grand..

we were like ok what dont we really need!!!!

are you going to block off one of the ensuite enterances or leave them both open????

Wow, didn't realise it would be that much! We just want the tiles up to 2m, have already been quoted for extra basin but not cupboards and I just want the bigger bath, not corner spa. Hadn't thought of closing off an entrance but have asked for a quote on a door to the WIR. Any idea on the cost of that? We certainly don't have $17k more to spend - we're building in the hills and earthworks alone will cost about $70k
Will be worth it for our beautiful block though
chuffy
Hadn't thought of closing off an entrance but have asked for a quote on a door to the WIR. Any idea on the cost of that?

we decided to block off the door way infront of the shower.
didnt really wanna be having a shower and looking out the bedroom window and looking at the postie dropping the mail off!!!!!

we did put a door on the robe aswell.
think it was bout $250 or so???

we also added a sliding door frame only onto the theatre so we can add a sliding door like the display later.
and we added door frame to study so we can add french doors there aswell.

we also got our linen cupboard in the entrance the same layout as the display. shelf along the top.
4 shelves on one side and the other half just has shelf and rail.
important to look at doing this as the linen cupboard in the laundry is all shelves and theres no where to put things like broom, vacuum and ironing board.

piano hinge in the kitchen corner cupboards. allows you to make full use of that space. nothing worse than a cupboard and you can get into it.

with the appliance roller in the display is doesnt have a shelf. didnt realise this until ours was put in.
we have a shelf in ours. you may or may not want one in there depending what you gunna put in there.
if you wanna put a coffee machine of benchtop mixer in there i would take the shelf out.

we also changed the front door from a single to a double.
Thanks so much, that is all so helpful! I had already thought of the broom cupboard and will have that changed. Excellent idea about not showing all to the postie
We are also re-thinking the activity room idea (thanks!) and having the door leading off the lounge room and the bedroom having an angled door so we won't have to worry about the hallway situation. Then of course leading out to the extended alfresco.

Really appreciate your help - so many little things we'd have not thought about!
this is our second build and there is sooo many things to think of.

i'm glad i could give you some ideas. i'm just "chuffed" that there is another "home1er" building the same house!!!!!

when we built SPH had a promo, we went with stacker doors to the alfresco from the family area.
wasnt until walking round once our bricks were up that i thought of the activity/bedroom switch.

i just think it would have been awesome coz then you could make it like a games room, bar area whatever with sliding doors leading out.

and even if you did lose space in the bed 4 its would still be a good size room.

have you seen the size of this place?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

this is one massive house!!!!!
even the study is big enough to be a bedroom!!!!!!
We just got back from the house and have asked for a quote with the activity changed. The more I think about it, the more I love it! I will PM you what I've done for the change

Keeping ensuite and WIR as is regarding walls and doors. We'll give the postie something to smile about
Our block is very large and will be set a fair way back from the road so not so much of an issue for us. Here's a pic of our block - i should start my own thread soon!

Have you moved in yet? Very exciting. I LOVE, LOVE your elevation. It won't suit our block but it looks stunning.
It wouldn't let me attach our block!
i could just spend hours at the display house!!!! i think thats when you know its the right house.

hangin to get the keys - hopefully towards the end of this week if the bank gets their A into G!!!!

i'm sooo happy how the elevation turned out as well. wanted it to look a lil modern so thats why we went with the whole front rendered.
sezza
agabob

huh??? i havent heard of this before????
dont some banks approve of some insurance companies???
bloody banks!!!! always a catch!!!

I didn't know until I saw the letter from Keystart. Lucky I picked up Allianz which was on the list. I noticed that few of the insurers heavy advertising on TV are not approved. Don't remember which were those but definitely Real Insurance was one of them.
picked up the keys today!!!!
whooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!
WHOOP WHOOP

i'm just a lil excited now.

So much to get done now - to make this house into my home.

painter booked in for Friday. looking forward to not having to paint.

Congratulations sezza! And you have the painter booked already! You aren't mucking around... let us know how he/she goes, I might want the number.....

Oh, and you'll have to put up some pics as well!
yes its very exciting!!!!!

we had our first dinner in the house last night. good ould hungry jacks on the concrete floor!!!!!

my partner decided to go to straco and get the materials for the side gate and do it himself - we decided to just get colourbond instead of a jarrah look slate. cheaper and also we figure our front garden with cover up most of it anyway so whats the point spending alot on it when you arent even gunna see it?!?!?!?!

decided to get the colourbond over a wooden slat gate as we have 2 dogs. and alot of the locals in the area also have dogs which they take for walks round the block and along the footpath that is in front of our place.

Our neighbours bedroom is also next to the side where the gate is and we dont really want the dogs to be barking at the side everytime someone walks past with their dog.
woohooo sezza - great news.... some pics are in order so we see the before and after the rest is done
Congratulations!
i'm hanging out for my time off work in a couple of weeks so i can get stuck into moving outta this rental and into my house!!!!

i just wanna get stuck into house stuff now!!!!

was set on "mouse" for inside wall colour, but think we will go safe option with "smoke pearl". mouse is a lil dark (it is only a shade darker than smoke pearl)
the sample we have of mouse is a little too similar to the tile we have picked up.
at least we know what smoke pearl looks like in big picture as we had it in our last house and all our furniture goes with it.

got a dark brown colour in mind for the theater. i'm thinking of a deep purple for that room but partner convinced on the brown.

gotta get this sorted out asap so we can let the painter know.

then gotta get our tiles purchased so they are ready for the tiler.
work best under pressure... when theres is deadlines (in this case tradesmen wanting to start!!!)
Congrats Sezza!
congratulations
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum