Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Housing the Tribe, Gold Coast

Page 189 of 202
Some exciting news to share.....

We have been shopping and brought a new block

Three very excited tribe members ready to run down the block

Looking back up the block.

We have made the decision to leave the coast and have brought in south west QLD, the block is just over 4000m2.

We are in the process of getting quotes back and once this happens I'll start a new thread

Congrats Tribe!! A new journey for you and your wee ones

Looks like a nice block for the kiddies to run a muck on.

Can't wait to travel this adventure with you

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Tribe7

We have made the decision to leave the coast and have brought in south west QLD, the block is just over 4000m2.

We are in the process of getting quotes back and once this happens I'll start a new thread

Awesome I would love a block that big.

I enjoyed following along your last build, whilst we try and try to get our build off the ground. Looking forward to following your next adventure. Congratulations!
Congrats! Looking forward to following this one again!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
charlibear
Congrats Tribe!! A new journey for you and your wee ones

Looks like a nice block for the kiddies to run a muck on.

Can't wait to travel this adventure with you

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks Charlie,

We are looking forward to the space, the big 2 kiddies are excited about moving (we sweetened the deal with a pool
) the little 3 just love to run so they can't wait.

It's proving to be a very challenging adventure at the moment, struggling to find a project builder that doesn't charge like a wounded bull for modifications, but have found an amazing custom builder who has drafted my design and we love it. Just got to keep it on budget.

Neville S
Tribe7

Thanks Nev, our current block is 600m2 so we are thrilled. Your place is coming along a treat now. The handless draws in your kitchen are very fancy.

Tribe7
Neville S
Tribe7

Thanks Nev, our current block is 600m2 so we are thrilled. Your place is coming along a treat now. The handless draws in your kitchen are very fancy.

Thanks ours is 600m2 also, yep handless is awesome wife wanted everything like that but didn't want to pay for the whole kitchen like that.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Wow! Congratulations the block looks fantastic! Can't wait to see your next project commence.

WifeofHunza
I enjoyed following along your last build, whilst we try and try to get our build off the ground. Looking forward to following your next adventure. Congratulations!

Thank you kindly WOF, what's happening with your build? Are you planning on a project builder or custom builder??

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks ours is 600m2 also, yep handless is awesome wife wanted everything like that but didn't want to pay for the whole kitchen like that.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665[/quote]

It's a clever idea to just add the handle less to the inside of the island. There are so many variations on handleless, what type is yours?

Oh wow, what an amazing block!!!! I can't wait to follow your journey! Do you have the plan that custom builder drew up??

Tribe7

[/quote]

[/quote]

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665[/quote]

It's a clever idea to just add the handle less to the inside of the island. There are so many variations on handleless, what type is yours?

[/quote]

Contract says shark nose in lead of standard handles.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Oh our KDR journey has been 3 years in the making already and we are still living in he house to knock down
We are down in Melbourne and have a special building overlay that requires quite specific plans. We have had all sorts of false starts from the powers that be granting planning permits. Sadly it is so common, from what we hear, to take this long in our area. We are close now though to having the permits. We have a custom design and our draft person is just fantastic. In the mean time I have been living through everyone else builds online.

You may complete your 2nd build before we complete our 1st.
Great you have secured such a huge block, the fun you can have with so much land! The tribe will love it!
Wow incredible! Congratulations!! Any idea on who you will build with

WifeofHunza
Oh our KDR journey has been 3 years in the making already and we are still living in he house to knock down
We are down in Melbourne and have a special building overlay that requires quite specific plans. We have had all sorts of false starts from the powers that be granting planning permits. Sadly it is so common, from what we hear, to take this long in our area. We are close now though to having the permits. We have a custom design and our draft person is just fantastic. In the mean time I have been living through everyone else builds online.

You may complete your 2nd build before we complete our 1st.
Great you have secured such a huge block, the fun you can have with so much land! The tribe will love it!

Your build will be worth every penny after the amount of time and patients you have put into it. I love hearing about people who are bending the norm and creating something for themselves. I do very much hope you create a build thread as I would love to follow along. I'm a big fan of the older Melbourne homes, the character and feel of them is so lovely.

We are thrilled with the land, amazing price as well, comes with its own baggage though, like E soil classification. The soil is almost black alluvial soil, amazing stuff and will grow the most beautiful fruit and veg, unfortunately it's costly to put a house on.

I haven't been on here in forever and I decide to log on and see the exciting news you have a block of land like mine. Although a lot less trees haha congrats I remember you saying you wanted a big block back when I was building so yay to realizing that wish!

baby_blonde409
Wow incredible! Congratulations!! Any idea on who you will build with

Thank you BB

We are getting quoting done now on our custom design I drew. The builder is a great guy, super approachable and builds beautiful homes. I'm hoping like crazy Kris can come in on budget.

If not with Kris I'm struggling with project builders, I got a quote from coral and it came in $193k over the base price and some of the charges were just stupidity.

Metricon won't allow many modifications to their freedom floor plans and there acreage homes are just so expensive, everything is a upgrade.

Shanniidc
I haven't been on here in forever and I decide to log on and see the exciting news you have a block of land like mine. Although a lot less trees haha congrats I remember you saying you wanted a big block back when I was building so yay to realizing that wish!

Hello shanni,

Lovely to hear from you

Your so right I've always wanted a big block, and we finally got it

Your block is lovely with all the trees, how is your day dream going??

Tribe7
Shanniidc

Hello shanni,

Lovely to hear from you

Your so right I've always wanted a big block, and we finally got it

Your block is lovely with all the trees, how is your day dream going??

It's going pretty well. Although we have noticed some settling happening now which we expected after our neighbors telling us what happened with their house but nothing to major to worry about. Other than that it has been wonderful. Haven't made many changes since I was last on here only finally fenced to the front door so the dogs can go out the front now. And caterpillars or grasshoppers or whatever are eating my cordylines out the front so I need to sort that out lol

Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

3/02/2024
Overshadowing clarification - planning - SL housing

General Discussion

I am not based in Victoria however i had a quick look into your question to understand what you were asking. The way I read the regulations, overshadowing relates to the…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum