Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 189 of 862
Single Storey indeed... A roof would be awesome, but we're happy to wait for our SS' preferred trades if it means a better quality job
Totally agree R&L - and it sounds like you have a good one!!
A&O, your house pics look great. We actually did a drive by the other night and it looks beautiful. Is that door in the pic coming off your rumpus?
Leanne
About to start building after months of waiting, hoping the next part is cleaner.
Enjoying everyone's journey and the advice received thru the forum, in particular telstra.

Rob
http://waldorf48wonga.blogspot.com/2011 ... -date.html
Mews
About to start building after months of waiting, hoping the next part is cleaner.
Enjoying everyone's journey and the advice received thru the forum, in particular telstra.

Rob

Best of luck Rob
Sparkies have been through cutting holes in freshly painted plasterboard. As I suspected, and has now been proven, all the data cabling through the house was not completed at frame stage, and they have not made holes for the data points in any of the rooms. My SS claimed it was done before the plaster went up, clearly it has not.

Our Caeser has gone in also.. looks the goods, a little darker then I thought, but the wife thinks its spot on, single slab as well on the kitchen island! 3.19m!

Still dont completely understand why the house will take that long now, sure we have a stack of tiling.. maybe thats the reason, but seriously, after this week, we have flooring and showers to do.
Thanks Leanne - the single door is off the rumpus/games - the stacker is off the kistchen/living room - once I'm in and you are doing a drive by you will have to stop and say hi!

Can't wait until we are all real neighbours and not just cyber neighbours!

Congrats Rob and good luck with your build!
Tiling shouldn’t take longer than a week. I have heaps on tiling in my place and it took a week.
Mews

Rob

Hi Mews,
I’m glad to hear your build is starting soon. I’m sure tstr1a’s journey will be very helpful for your building the Waldorf and all. I love your wall paper for your blog too, it’s a great picture. I can’t wait to see some of your updates. Cheers, Ebony
Rob, tstr1a has a wealth of advice. Good luck with your build!
What is a Pre-Construction Inspection form?
No idea Wateman... Never heard of it. Is it a PD thing?
Yeah my BC said she was sending that out to me. I pretended I knew what she is talking about.
Guess I gotta wait n see!
Wateman
Yeah my BC said she was sending that out to me. I pretended I knew what she is talking about.
Guess I gotta wait n see!

Not PD land? I assume its like a site prep checklist/signoff then.
Wateman
What is a Pre-Construction Inspection form?

Maybe its the letter indicating the start date and stage details?
I recieved this only a couple of days ago - right before the start of the slab...
Would expect you and Rups to recieve this any day now if not already.
No mention of any checklist with me....
Cheers
Just a quick drop in/update from me..

We were slabed last Friday and our SS said the frame work will start today!! There's photo's on my blog - http://www.ourwallanhome.blogspot.com/

Our SS called me Monday at 2.30 to let me know the slab was all good and 4 minutes later I received an email invoice from PD accounts payable requesting the first progress payment.. They sure don't mess around
Arrrrggghhhh! Just found out our bricks have been discontinued.....not angry just bemused as to how we're supposed to pick another brick when there's no similar brick in the same price range??
Which bricks are discontinued?
JLD
Arrrrggghhhh! Just found out our bricks have been discontinued.....not angry just bemused as to how we're supposed to pick another brick when there's no similar brick in the same price range??

Been there done that..

Hope it works out for you..
JLD

Hi JLD,
I’m sorry to hear about your bricks being discontinued. I can understand how frustrating this is for you, especially if you’re saying there is no similar brick. What bricks had you selected? There are a few reasons why this sometimes happens with our suppliers and we don’t always get informed as quick as we’d like. To help you a little further we have a blog post which explains this - http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.php/2010-10/hit-a-brick-wall-with-your-brick-selection/ Have you spoken with your BC about your options? Cheers, Ebony
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum