Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 187 of 828
Vikriya-21
gfernz
Guys what about this clause is it a standard clause as well? "Payment of applicable security bonds, damage bonds and/or section 94a contributions are the clients responsibility"

[/quote

Hi gfernz

The section 94 contribution is for the council to lay roads street lights etc sydney water cost to bring the pipes into your land and electricity etc

So for sure the owner is liable for it. But the good thing is most of the residential lands sold all these contributions are paid and all the basic amenities are done by the developer

So need to panic

Ok....my worry was more for the damage bond. Does it mean the owner needs to pay if the builder damages anything during construction...? I assume these are all standard clauses but just concerned about signing off without knowing what it meant..

gfernz
Vikriya-21
gfernz
Guys what about this clause is it a standard clause as well? "Payment of applicable security bonds, damage bonds and/or section 94a contributions are the clients responsibility"

[/quote

Hi gfernz

The section 94 contribution is for the council to lay roads street lights etc sydney water cost to bring the pipes into your land and electricity etc

So for sure the owner is liable for it. But the good thing is most of the residential lands sold all these contributions are paid and all the basic amenities are done by the developer

So need to panic

Ok....my worry was more for the damage bond. Does it mean the owner needs to pay if the builder damages anything during construction...? I assume these are all standard clauses but just concerned about signing off without knowing what it meant..

Hi gfernz

Damage bond is payable to the council and they might charge from the bond money only if any damages occur to the footpath or kerb etc if no damages are done during the construction work then the bond amount held in the council is refundable. I guess this would give u an idea to question your case officer before signing your contract.
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year break. Wisdom reopens this Monday. Eagerly waiting to get going again and get some realistic date of completion from SS.

hashem2k3
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year break. Wisdom reopens this Monday. Eagerly waiting to get going again and get some realistic date of completion from SS.

Happy New Year Hashem2k3. Wisdom Head office opened last Monday
I have been communicating with them all week.
amf139
hashem2k3

Happy New Year Hashem2k3. Wisdom Head office opened last Monday
I have been communicating with them all week.

Oh ok...my bad......SS advised in last email in December that work starts 16th Jan. I thought everything kicks off from Monday.

Happy new year guys! Hope you all had a wonderful break!

Wisdom offices opened last Monday and our SS is not back until the 23rd.. BUT it's been full steam ahead at our site this week! We did not expect tradies until our SS was back, so imagine our surprise when we turned up on Thursday to see we had a fascia, guttering and a roof!! Poor roofers have been working in 40degree heat this week!

It was hard to take a pic of the front of the house with the trucks blocking, but here's one from the back and a close up of our roof tiles. We love them! Happy days!

msjovi

Wisdom offices opened last Monday and our SS is not back until the 23rd.. BUT it's been full steam ahead at our site this week! We did not expect tradies until our SS was back, so imagine our surprise when we turned up on Thursday to see we had a fascia, guttering and a roof!! Poor roofers have been working in 40degree heat this week!

It was hard to take a pic of the front of the house with the trucks blocking, but here's one from the back and a close up of our roof tiles. We love them! Happy days!

Awesome pics msjovi. Great start...... 😊

What is your brick colour?

hashem2k3
msjovi

Thanks Hashem. We're really pleased with how they've turned out! They're Bristile Tungsten from the Prestige range

msjovi
hashem2k3
msjovi

Thanks Hashem. We're really pleased with how they've turned out! They're Bristile Tungsten from the Prestige range

Omg you are right it is storming ahead!!! Looks amazing!!!!!!

Our SS is back at work on Monday but we too have had a little bit happening over the break. We have been overseas the whole shutdown period (at the airport coming home now) but our lovely neighbours have been keeping us informed!

Hope everyone else is progressing along too!!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
That's fantastic, MrsL! Both your progress and your overseas holiday! We've had a low key break, but gave my hubby a chance to do some work in the backyard of the new place.
Here are a couple more pics taken today - of the front and back:

And this is our pillarless indoor/outdoor area. Cost us a bomb but we love it!

Awesome pics msjovi, glad to see everything is back on track. That facade is gonna look awesome once it's rendered!
Nice progress there msjovi.

Should look great once the bricks are cleaned.
Nice work!

Out of curiosity, how much was the corner alfresco? As you described, the pillar-less design.

We've been quoted $5,5-6k max including alu stacker doors, so just gauging if this is an industry standard pricing.

Well done again on your house, its looking really good.

Feeling incredibly sorry for the roof tilers on site today (who were chilling in our theatre room to escape the heat when I got there!!)

Very excited to see it all though, it looks like a house now!!!

Fireplace is in, although I do understand the irony of seeing it for the first time today. Hahaha

Micdeez
Nice work!

Out of curiosity, how much was the corner alfresco? As you described, the pillar-less design.

We've been quoted $5,5-6k max including alu stacker doors, so just gauging if this is an industry standard pricing.

Hi Micdeez, is that with Wisdom? I'm really hoping not as ours was about 3 times as much! Apparently due to an 11m beam needed to support the top floor instead of the pillar, and new engineers plans etc. Maybe it's dependent on the design? Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better!! Haha

msjovi
Micdeez
Nice work!

Hi Micdeez, is that with Wisdom? I'm really hoping not as ours was about 3 times as much! Apparently due to an 11m beam needed to support the top floor instead of the pillar, and new engineers plans etc. Maybe it's dependent on the design? Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better!! Haha

Haha it's definitely dependent on the design!!!! We were told to add at least 10k for that, so we just dropped the actual size of the internal brick pillar to 2 bricks (I think it was 4 in the display) as we figured we would never have it open like that anyway as we would use flyscreens all the time anyway and lose the whole intended affect!!! Haha

5-6k seems incredibly cheap and totally worth it at that price!

Yes I would agree too it is dependent on design.

I love that look though and well done for implementing them.

A friend of mine had this flyscreen but its more like a steel mesh curtain that pulls down. They installed it from the outside edges so when they entertain they can fully open the stackers/sliding doors and mitigate the flys/mozzies etc. Not sure if you are interested in this but I would be! It cost them $2k all in. About $3k if you wanted them motorised.
And sorry, it wasn't with Wisdom but with Clarendon and Hudson homes whom we are looking at.
Micdeez
Yes I would agree too it is dependent on design.

I love that look though and well done for implementing them.

A friend of mine had this flyscreen but its more like a steel mesh curtain that pulls down. They installed it from the outside edges so when they entertain they can fully open the stackers/sliding doors and mitigate the flys/mozzies etc. Not sure if you are interested in this but I would be! It cost them $2k all in. About $3k if you wanted them motorised.

That's exactly the system we want to install after handover. I believe you can get ones that pull from the sides too and join in the corner. If you could find out the company that your friend used I'd really appreciate it.

MrsLlamas2016

Feeling incredibly sorry for the roof tilers on site today (who were chilling in our theatre room to escape the heat when I got there!!)

Very excited to see it all though, it looks like a house now!!!

Fireplace is in, although I do understand the irony of seeing it for the first time today. Hahaha

Looks amazing MrsL! I think we may be up to the same stage now! Although the front pillar issue still needs to be rectified, but as long as they keep pressing ahead I'm ok with that!!

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum