Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 187 of 862
humble
stuey0608
Hi all,

Is it normal to sign the off on the PCI and have settlement on the same day. My SS said I won't get my appliances for another 5 business days after that. Has anyone experienced this?

thanks Stuey.

Ah no way would that be working. PCI today, setttlement in 5 days, when you deliver the appliances. In the mean time, they can resolve the issues

I should clarify - I had PCI 14days ago. Settlement is Friday when i sign off on all the items that required fixing. After settlement, the appliances will be delivered in 5 days. This happened to one of my neighbours too. I just thought it was strange. How am I supposed to move in if I can't cook?

cheers, stuey.
It is normal to have Final inspection and tentative settlement same day - this is a good thing if they've done everything. It is not normal for your appliances to not be there before settlement.

I wouldn't hand over check until appliances are in.
Hell No. Why would you move in with no hot water service?
Oops....must be on holidays! That would be *cheque*
All a bit meh about the house at the moment. Spoke to the SS. He has given me a list of his dates for the project.

Basically as of XMAS, we will only have shower screens remaining, but they cannot be measured and installed until after the tiler finishes. Tiler will not finish till week of XMAS.

Waiting for paint to dry, it looks from the outside, that its worked out a good colour.
Hi All,

Been away for the last week so thought I would provide an update. So far the earthworks have been completed, piles went in yesterday and the plumbers are onsite today for the preslab work.
Seems to be coming along nicely....
Will update blog and post some pics tonight...
Cheers
Hi all

Just wondering if anybody knows the price difference begtween cat1 bricks and cat 2 bricks.
Also does anybody remember the cat 1 bricks names and where I can view them online?

Thanks
$1800 for 45sq house from cat1 to cat2
Ben+Emily
Hi all

Just wondering if anybody knows the price difference begtween cat1 bricks and cat 2 bricks.
Also does anybody remember the cat 1 bricks names and where I can view them online?

Thanks

In March it was $1664 to go from a Cat 1 to Cat 3 brick for a 33 square house. So to go to Cat 2 is most likely around $1000.

Prestige Bricks are from Austral http://www.australbricks.com/au/vic

Cat 1:
Homestead range: Buff, Red, Redgum
Settlers range: Parchment
Access Range: Ruby Cream
humble
All a bit meh about the house at the moment. Spoke to the SS. He has given me a list of his dates for the project.

Basically as of XMAS, we will only have shower screens remaining, but they cannot be measured and installed until after the tiler finishes. Tiler will not finish till week of XMAS.

Waiting for paint to dry, it looks from the outside, that its worked out a good colour.

That sounds so bizarre Humble. Surely the Tiler could do the bathrooms first and then they could co-ordinate the showers??? Where's the multi tasking?! You'd think your SS would want it finished before Christmas rather than take it through....

Glad the colour looks good.
Ben+Emily
Hi all

Thanks

How big is your house ? And are you using Austral or Boral.
Thanks for the replies tstr1a & Rups.

J & C our house is 33sq. We are looking at the Urban One Chocolate, which are cat 3.
Hi ben and Emily we upgraded to the same bricks, urban one chocolate it cost us approx $680 for our upgrade, this was when it was a cat 2 brick. Our house is 28 squares.
JLD
humble

That sounds so bizarre Humble. Surely the Tiler could do the bathrooms first and then they could co-ordinate the showers??? Where's the multi tasking?! You'd think your SS would want it finished before Christmas rather than take it through....

Glad the colour looks good.

Its the painters fault.. SS is furious. I am as well. We had it all lined for a xmas finish.. our painter is working on Fiji time. He is done now though nearly 3 weeks after he was ment too.

Sparkies on Monday, Heating/Aircon ducts.. and then the tiler can start.
Anyone have an idea on how much the upgrade is from carpet steps to timber steps on the Chadwick 41
Ben+Emily
Thanks for the replies tstr1a & Rups.

J & C our house is 33sq. We are looking at the Urban One Chocolate, which are cat 3.

we paid $900 odd for 30 sq house using cat 2 bricks...maybe your ballpark cost could be $1200-$1500 range since your is cat 3 and 33 sq...not sure if this is of help...
We have a port-a-loo

Woo hoo rups, awesome!
Congrats Rups.. it will move fast now.. expect the frame by xmas.
I reckon u could even be in lock up by Christmas r&l
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum