Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 186 of 862
You are starting on the exact day I am finishing - i think that has to be a good sign!!!

Do you know if you got "you know who' as your SS??
We asked for him, but got someone else who also comes highly regarded, so we're not worried. Apparently he is fully booked up... but rapt to start nonetheless, and with a good SS...

I can't believe you're build is done already... perfect time to get in and settled before Christmas!
Well as you know I had two SS's during the build and both were great - so I am sure it will be awesome!

I never expected to be in for Xmas so it is a huge bonus for me and I can;t wait to get in and get settled - I think I have everything booked in now! Blinds, Driveway, Landscaping, timber Floors and Carpet all done by the 8th Dec!
Anyone used Choice home loans to do there finance ?
Yep - I did - worst experience of my life, completely stuffed everything up and almost made me walk away from PD all together (thank god I didn;t because I have a fabulous house!)
coobri

We have, and have not had any trouble so far.
It may depend on the person you get to begin with, I suppose if they aren't great then it could cause trouble down the track.
Originally we had already started finance with another broker in Pakenham who I was having trouble getting any help from, so I went to the local PD display in Officer and spoke to the Choice consultant there. He was a great help, and gave me all the answers that our broker at the time should have. At no point did he try to sell us anything, just gave lots of advise and answers. This influenced us to change and go through Choice, and again everything has been great so far. They even tried to help when we were having trouble with PD as far as finding us the right person to speak to etc

I suppose my only criticism would be - after the loan is written up and submitted, it is then handed in to the Choice head office, so we deal with their office rather than the consultant we had to begin with. Once this happens, communication is a bit slower. However I have found if we speak to our original consultant he follows anything up we have queries on.

If you are thinking of using Choice I would speak to your closest consultant. If you don't get a good feeling from them, then it is probably best to try somewhere else. That was our experience anyway (so far)
coobri

We did, really only to use the reduced deposit fucntionality, however we were convinced to go with westpac as a cheaper alternative to NAB. Hate Westpac and will be switching back once the construction is completed.

:p

Oh and we are painting.. FINALLY
coobri
Does PD charge extra for concrete under the alfresco ?

Hi coobri,

I see cattycatcat and eli-kay123 have been super helpful in answering your question about the extra charges for concreting under the alfresco. If you would like to speak to a sales consultant please feel free to send me a private message with your contact details and I will arrange for someone to give you a call.
Cheers, Ebony
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone's lockup and fixing stage fell on the same day?

Our site started on the 19/09 and we're already at lockup/fixing...is this too fast (We' building a 27sq home) ?
FHO_hl
Hi guys

Our site started on the 19/09 and we're already at lockup/fixing...is this too fast (We' building a 27sq home) ?

We started 1st week of September and we paid our lockup stage last week, we are now onto the fixing stage, expecting an invoice soon.
FHO_hl
Hi guys

Its about right.. we had lockup and fixing 3 days apart..
Hi all,

Is it normal to sign the off on the PCI and have settlement on the same day. My SS said I won't get my appliances for another 5 business days after that. Has anyone experienced this?

thanks Stuey.
stuey0608
Hi all,

Is it normal to sign the off on the PCI and have settlement on the same day. My SS said I won't get my appliances for another 5 business days after that. Has anyone experienced this?

thanks Stuey.

Ah no way would that be working. PCI today, setttlement in 5 days, when you deliver the appliances. In the mean time, they can resolve the issues
Team PD
Ben+Emily
Hey guys,

First post! I've been reading through this thread and it's got some great info for first time home buyers/builders like me and my partner.

We are building the Cabana 33 and we had our soil test ordered on Friday so fingers crossed that comes back with good results.

We made our first visit to Hopetoun yesterday. What a day that was...mind blowing.

Just a query for those who have been to the Coco Republic furniture sale. We are planning to head down on Saturday and see if we can get any bargains. How does the day actually work? Is there a choice of most furniture that has been on display? And is it just first in, best dressed?

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Hi Ben+Emily,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first home. I’m glad to hear you are building with PD, the Cabana 33 is a great design – what façade have you chosen? It’s great to see you getting involved in the forum – it’s an excellent source of information where you can get honest and open feedback from other members who are different stages of their builds. You should keep an eye on our blog too, we have really great topics covered - http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/ Also please feel free to ask me any questions along the way, I’d be delighted to help where possible.

Will you get a chance to get down to the Coco Republic sale?

Cheers, Ebony

Thanks Ebony!

We are just going with the Belford facade. We like to keep things nice and simple, and think it looks great.

We will definitely be getting down to Coco Republic sale, my partners got her eye on a few things so fingers crossed we can get a bargain!
Dear all,
is there anyone going to build along Tyne lane? or is there anyone hearing some news about those ugly wooden telegraph poles? will they be replaced? They are more likely to destroy the whole gorgeous review in our neighborhood.
FHO_hl
Hi guys

Yeah, for us site start was 16 Aug 2011 and we paid the lock up stage about 2 weeks ago and the fixing invoice came about a week later. (We are building a 36 sq home). Wow, you started a month behind us and are now at where we are. Someone mentioned earlier in this forum that the reason the building maybe moving fast is because there is not much work happening so the tradies are readily available to work on your home.
firesos88
Dear all,
is there anyone going to build along Tyne lane? or is there anyone hearing some news about those ugly wooden telegraph poles? will they be replaced? They are more likely to destroy the whole gorgeous review in our neighborhood.

I'd call the local council?
eli-kay123
FHO_hl
Hi guys

Yeah, for us site start was 16 Aug 2011 and we paid the lock up stage about 2 weeks ago and the fixing invoice came about a week later. (We are building a 36 sq home). Wow, you started a month behind us and are now at where we are. Someone mentioned earlier in this forum that the reason the building maybe moving fast is because there is not much work happening so the tradies are readily available to work on your home.

Except painters, its taken 10 days for him to arrive.

Least he has started.. the 22sq across the road from me move in on the 12th Dec! they started 4 weeks AFTER me.
Hi,
We just updated our blog with construction drawings.
coobri

We used them - pretty good and would use them again. I cant remember but I believe if you use them you save a little up front money to PD?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum