Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 183 of 862
eli-kay123
coobri
eli-kay123
Hi coobri,

Our site cost were $10K, but with our promo at the time the site cost was included in the promo, though anything above the $10K we would have had to pay the difference but $10K was all it was for us. The land we purchased was farming land and very flat, no rocks what so ever, great soil. Have you already got your land, if you have neighbours ask what their site costs were to give you an indication. If you don't and are going with a house and land package, go and take drive in the area you are thinking of building and try to ask people who purchased what their soil was like and what the site costs were. There is no shame is doing this. Where abouts in Melbourne are you wanting to build?

Yeah we have land building in West Melton last block in the street everyone has been there for about 4 years
block is nice and flat. Across the road they say they had a bit of rock but nothing to worry about

We got to contract stage with PD recently to find our site costs have blown from the sales person allowing us $20k ("above what should be needed just incase) to well over $33k....Our classification is only M soil but because PD use waffle pod slab we apparently need screw piles. Do they use any other type of slab beside waffle...I know 3 other people in my street..2 next door and one further down that built recently with other builders, no one needed screw piles and no one had site costs as astronomical as ours...but all had same soil and very similar drop etc....what do we do!? We CANNOT pay $30+k, its a diff' slab and cheaper site costs or no build with PD.
I feel like I'm hearing this alot that people get to contract with PD and hear of these enormous blowouts on site costs. The above posts are the first ive foudn where thsi hasnt happened. Is this because of the waffle pod design??...
Anyone familiar with large building co's that use raft slab or others to waffle??
karmaz
Thank you Ebony. Our house has stood up really well to the recent weather and I must say we are very happy with the finish. Our SS was fantastic throughout our build. I for one, am glad that we chose PD.

Hi karmaz,

I’m really pleased to hear your feedback as I remember you had few difficulties to face during your build. Please be sure to keep me in the loop with your outstanding repairs and let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with. Cheers, Ebony
eli-kay123
Team PD
eli-kay123
Here is where we are at:

Hi eli-kay123,
Your build is coming along great. Thanks for sharing your photos, your kitchen looks like it’s going to be a lovely open space.
Cheers Ebony

Thanks Ebony,

Yes the kitchen is going to have a massive feel about it. On the original Ivanhoe floor plan the alfresco was directly across the kitchen which gave the area a tighter feel. We decided to put the living room in place of the alfresco and move the alfresco to the back of the house which is located infront of the meals area. This suited us better and we have a whole back yard to look at from the meals area now.

Hi eli-kay123,

Sounds like you’ve got grand ideas for your house! I bet weekends like the one just gone is making you more excited about having the luxury of your alfresco and meals area. I can’t wait to see the final layout once you’ve moved in.
Cheers, Ebony
I've updated my blog with pics. Tiling starts today and looks like teh house will be completed by Christmas.
Can anyone please help with this:
I was wondering if anyone could advise what is supposed to be included in the 12 month maintenance. Porter Davis and I seem to have completely different ideas as to what should be included. Does anyone know if it is actually written somewhere as to what's included / not included, as I can't seem to find anything. Has anyone had a 12 month maintenance visit and can advise what things were done / weren't done.
Thanks in advance.
Mandy21
Can anyone please help with this:
I was wondering if anyone could advise what is supposed to be included in the 12 month maintenance. Porter Davis and I seem to have completely different ideas as to what should be included. Does anyone know if it is actually written somewhere as to what's included / not included, as I can't seem to find anything. Has anyone had a 12 month maintenance visit and can advise what things were done / weren't done.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mandy21,

I was told at contract signing that one does exist (did not have a copy at the time). My BC was going to provide me a copy shortly after which did not happen. Have just requested again now.
If I recieve it will send you a copy - will let you know

Appreciate you bring this up and reminding me...
coobri
Hi All

Thinking of building with PD this blog has helped out heaps.
The only concern I have is the site costs you guys are talking about in here

if you could can some of you put up what your site cost were and any problems with your site if any

PS
looking at the Chadwick 41

Has anyone used the free and no obligation site inspection that PD have if so was there much diff in that quote
price and the price they got after soil test ?
Just an update with our build. We are up to PCV3 just waiting on new plans and one more PCV that couldn't be actioned until the previous ones were signed. Should have this finalized this week.
Also found out today we have a new BC, she seems very efficient so finger crossed it all goes well
Hi Members!

Thanks so much for your interior design questions, we’re loving the response we’ve had and are going to extend it for a few more days, so if you have a question for Catherine be sure to post it up here(http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51815&start=20) before 5pm this Thursday (10th November)!

Cheers,
Ebony
tstr1a
I've updated my blog with pics. Tiling starts today and looks like teh house will be completed by Christmas.

Wow! tstr1a, your house is looking good. The dark colour's you have chosen for your cabinets look fab
OMG !!!!

We have a TAP !!!!! Its all starting now !!!

Construction drawings meeting on Friday, expect a building permit this week too.
Rups
OMG !!!!

We have a TAP !!!!! Its all starting now !!!

LOL humble.....great pic.

I have 10 spectacular bricks in my garage
Rups
LOL humble.....great pic.

I have 10 spectacular bricks in my garage

Thank you!
Like my new avatar ?
Rups
Like my new avatar ?

hahaha.. nice one!
We have a porter loo!!!!!!! I never thought I would be so excited about a toilet but... WOOHOO!!!!
Wateman
Just an update with our build. We are up to PCV3 just waiting on new plans and one more PCV that couldn't be actioned until the previous ones were signed. Should have this finalized this week.
Also found out today we have a new BC, she seems very efficient so finger crossed it all goes well

Hi Wateman,

I hope your PVC’s are all confirmed shortly for your 4th bedroom. I’m also pleased to hear your feedback on your new BC. Let me know how it goes. Cheers, Ebony
tstr1a

Hi tstr1a,

I love your new photos. Your house is going to get heaps of natural light. It’s coming along very nicely, the perfect Christmas present. Fingers crossed there are no delays!
Cheers, Ebony
cattycatcat
We have a porter loo!!!!!!! I never thought I would be so excited about a toilet but... WOOHOO!!!!

Fantastic news Cat !!!! I can't wait to get a porta loo...such a milestone
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum