Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes

Page 19 of 25

WC

Quite pleased with how our facade is coming along together
Your facade is looking great Bronte19.
Looks like you'll be finished soon. Fingers Crossed.

Plaster has been completed on mine and the painter is due this week. I was told the kitchen cabinetry was delivered last week. Hoping to be in before the end of the year.
CalicoCat
Your facade is looking great Bronte19.
Looks like you'll be finished soon. Fingers Crossed.

Plaster has been completed on mine and the painter is due this week. I was told the kitchen cabinetry was delivered last week. Hoping to be in before the end of the year.

You are catching up quick CalicoCat. Hopefully Fairhaven fixed all the issues you pointed out to them.
Hi everyone how are your houses coming along?
GEOnTREY

House presentation booked for 13th November then handover 2 weeks after
Bronte19
GEOnTREY

Wow that's fantastic Ben!

What was your start date?

Any more pics for me? 😀
GEOnTREY
Bronte19
GEOnTREY

Wow that's fantastic Ben!

What was your start date?

Any more pics for me? 😀

6th July. Will have more pics after the presentation.
CalicoCat
GEOnTREY
CalicoCat
I have reviewed my brickwork and I'm not particularly happy. I have quite a number of chipped bricks with the red brick exposed. Maybe I'm being picky but I find it very noticeable and I did pay ~$1400 for the brick upgrade. I suspect it could be the quality of the bricks.

I absolutely LOVE your bricks!
I am sure they will look much better once they have been cleaned.
Think I have read that when the colour chips off that style of brick they can patch them up?

I hope so. I emailed my new consultant regarding them the other day and have not heard back. I preferred my old Construction Consultant, he was good to work with and kept me up to date. I only found out yesterday by a family member that I have plaster.

I love the bricks too, they look different in different lights. They are selkirk thunderstorm.

We were super unhappy with our bricks as well. We had to ask fairhaven 3 times to come out and clean them properly and the bricks they used on the front of the house were not painted very well (we also have thunderstorm). After still not being provided with touch up paint we've decided to render them. Frustrating as we paid the upgrade as well $1400.
Stroud2512
We were super unhappy with our bricks as well. We had to ask fairhaven 3 times to come out and clean them properly and the bricks they used on the front of the house were not painted very well (we also have thunderstorm). After still not being provided with touch up paint we've decided to render them. Frustrating as we paid the upgrade as well $1400.

That is very disappointing. My independent inspector picked up on the bricks during the last inspection, which was included in their report. I still haven't heard from Fairhaven as to how they will rectify the issue.

I got bad news today, the laminate floor I picked has been discontinued and no longer available (mondo scotch oak rustic). I'm super disappointed as I feel in love with the floor as soon as I saw it. Probably the quickest selection I made. Hopefully there will be another option I like. I don't mind belle gala oak nature.

In regards to the rest of the house, the tiling was supposed to be finished this week and the electrical and plumbing fit out to start next week.
Bronte19
GEOnTREY

How did your inspection go?
Hope you are happy with everything 🙂
GEOnTREY
Bronte19
GEOnTREY

How did your inspection go?
Hope you are happy with everything 🙂

Presentation was 15th November. Looks looks good especially the exterior. Inside the colors have come together really well as well.
Not happy with few things though. The overall finishing hasn't been very good. They have completely stuffed up our bath area. Just the whole arrangement of tiles is not looking nice. Also they had to do some adjustments with the pipes so it needs bit of work.
The mixer and pipe we choose is sticking out in the middle of the bath and its fixed so can't be moved. Mrs not happy and now looking to get it replaced.
They are leaving hell lot of building rubble on site which apparently looks fine by their standard but its not.
The switch for pendant light provision in the bedroom is next to the door - which is so silly considering we told them the provision is for pendant light so switch should be next to bed not next to the door.
Had a good run with Fairhaven just few hiccups at the end. Still debating site clean and replacing mixer for bath with Fairhaven. Settlement on 30th November.
Will upload the pics soon as they are like 7 megabites each.
Ben
Glad you are happy with all your selections, looking fwd to more pics 🙂

Not good re the bad finishes though! Do you think an independent inspector would have rectified these probs?

It's not fair they can leave the site a mess with rubbish. Their mess they should get rid of it!!!

Our land has finally titled and the settlement is Nov 29. Not looking good to get started b4 Xmas then we will have the hold up of tradies holidays in Jan 😫

Can anyone please tell me if this is normal site condition after the builders clean? According to me there is still way too much building rubble
GEOnTREY
Ben

Not good re the bad finishes though! Do you think an independent inspector would have rectified these probs?

It's not fair they can leave the site a mess with rubbish. Their mess they should get rid of it!!!

Our land has finally titled and the settlement is Nov 29. Not looking good to get started b4 Xmas then we will have the hold up of tradies holidays in Jan 😫

Yes definitely get the building inspector. I wish we would have done that too.

Overall it's been fine, just few things we are not happy with which is mainly due to our lack of experience with building a home.
Bronte19
GEOnTREY
Ben

Overall it's been fine, just few things we are not happy with which is mainly due to our lack of experience with building a home.

I LOVE your laminate floors & kitchen splashback they look absolutely amazing! 😍

I have been wondering what the bath would look like fixed to 3 walls. It looks tiny, but the deep ledge like a shelf is good. Did you get the bathroom cabinet made wider or is that standard?
Bronte19 - your house looks fantastic. All the colours go so well together, particularly the kitchen!

GEOnTREY - That is super exciting. Getting so close. I definitely advise engaging an independent inspector. It has been stressful reading the reports (mostly because I have no idea myself) but I feel like it has given me a bit of piece of mind and has validated concerns I have had during the process (e.g., cracked brick face).

I am thinking of visiting the house this week. Last time I was there the brickwork was still in progress. It takes about 1.5 hrs to get there and with a clingy rescue dog who hates car trips the journey is not particularly enjoyable
. I'm keen to see the tiling though!
GEOnTREY
Bronte19
GEOnTREY
Ben

I LOVE your laminate floors & kitchen splashback they look absolutely amazing! 😍

I have been wondering what the bath would look like fixed to 3 walls. It looks tiny, but the deep ledge like a shelf is good. Did you get the bathroom cabinet made wider or is that standard?

Thanks!
The bath is tiny in Bronte 19. Pretty sure we went with standard cabinet.
CalicoCat
Bronte19 - your house looks fantastic. All the colours go so well together, particularly the kitchen!

GEOnTREY - That is super exciting. Getting so close. I definitely advise engaging an independent inspector. It has been stressful reading the reports (mostly because I have no idea myself) but I feel like it has given me a bit of piece of mind and has validated concerns I have had during the process (e.g., cracked brick face).

I am thinking of visiting the house this week. Last time I was there the brickwork was still in progress. It takes about 1.5 hrs to get there and with a clingy rescue dog who hates car trips the journey is not particularly enjoyable
. I'm keen to see the tiling though!

Looking forward to some photos CC
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum