Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Catalina 23 - Oran Park

Page 19 of 19
CW_L
Newy-Jan
Yep, it's the best feeling to see it all happening!!
Pool seems ok - though the real test will be when we open it up and clean it at the end 😨

It really is the craziest time of year to be packing up and moving, with everything else that goes on, but I'm sure it will feel amazing to be in!
Landscaping will be fun! Nice to finally have the chance to get stuck in to all those finishing touches 😁😁

Hahaha true! At least theres no water in there you need to clean!

Yes! It does feel overwhelming, but also really getting us into the Christmas spirit. Its the best gift. Really looking forward to getting our landscaping done over the next couple of weeks, just so at least the front of house looks decent! haha

It will be a great Christmas project for you!
So friday is the day??
Are you getting any sleep? Or way too excited?
Newy-Jan
So friday is the day??

It really will be!
Yes! Friday is the day!!
Finally got out IOC sent to us today!
Surprisingly, were managing to sleep pretty well. We've been so tired from all the packing haha. Might be a question of not being able to sleep when we finally get to move in!
CW_L
Newy-Jan
So friday is the day??

It really will be!
Yes! Friday is the day!!
Finally got out IOC sent to us today!
Surprisingly, were managing to sleep pretty well. We've been so tired from all the packing haha. Might be a question of not being able to sleep when we finally get to move in!

So. ...did it all happen? Are you finally in???!
WE'RE IN! hahaha

Its so exciting and yet overwhelming with all the things we need to do. First thing we wanted to fix was the pillars!! So yesterday we repainted them hahaha. Couldn't stand them!
Should've take a photo before we started, but heres a comparison from before. (excuse the garage lol!) Adolescence > Basalt

CW_L
WE'RE IN! hahaha

Its so exciting and yet overwhelming with all the things we need to do. First thing we wanted to fix was the pillars!! So yesterday we repainted them hahaha. Couldn't stand them!
Should've take a photo before we started, but heres a comparison from before. (excuse the garage lol!) Adolescence > Basalt

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so awesome!!!
Hahaha - can't believe you just got keys and already you've repainted - you're quick!
It looks so good! (Nice before but I see what u mean about the bluish/purple tone)
Looks spot on now - very classy!

What a huge, amazing Christmas present! 😁
Newy-Jan
Hahaha - can't believe you just got keys and already you've repainted - you're quick!
It looks so good! (Nice before but I see what u mean about the bluish/purple tone)

Thank you so much! hahaha it was truly an eye sore!
It really is! Very exciting and busy time!

Did you get any of that crazy rain we had here in south-west Sydney up in Newcastle?
CW_L
Newy-Jan

Thank you so much! hahaha it was truly an eye sore!
It really is! Very exciting and busy time!

Did you get any of that crazy rain we had here in south-west Sydney up in Newcastle?

We've had a few big afternoon storms but nothing flooded. The heat and humidity are killing me though! Hope your aircon is good, hot days to be working on the outside! 😊

What colour where your pillars originally?
Think ours are supposed to be ironstone and even those look pretty blue on the DA drawings but our fence/shed etc is the same so hopefully it doesn't stick out. Never really know until it's all put together in reality!

Anyway, enjoy setting up the house!!!!
Newy-Jan
We've had a few big afternoon storms but nothing flooded. The heat and humidity are killing me though! Hope your aircon is good, hot days to be working on the outside! 😊

Think ours are supposed to be ironstone and even those look pretty blue on the DA drawings but our fence/shed etc is the same so hopefully it doesn't stick out. Never really know until it's all put together in reality!

Thats good to hear, I feel for the exposed homes around us, with the giant hail and storms we've had.
Its been a good leak test! And the aircon has been working marvellously.

We picked Adolescence. Definitely not like the swatch at all. So true! Good thing you can just paint over it if you're not happy.

Thank you! & if we don't speak again, Merry Christmas everyone! Have a safe and wonderful break.

CW_L
Newy-Jan

Thats good to hear, I feel for the exposed homes around us, with the giant hail and storms we've had.
Its been a good leak test! And the aircon has been working marvellously.

We picked Adolescence. Definitely not like the swatch at all. So true! Good thing you can just paint over it if you're not happy.

Thank you! & if we don't speak again, Merry Christmas everyone! Have a safe and wonderful break.

You too! Merry Christmas!!😁
Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday!
Its been a month since we moved in, and thought i'd post an update. A couple of things that will need correcting when we hit our 13 week mark.
- We've felt more rocks under the carpet in various rooms
- Some of the grout in the main flooring must've had air pockets, and have since sunk in, leaving small gaps.
- Some power points aren't useable throughout the house. When trying to plug in an appliance one pin wont go in. We tried a fair amount of force to get the plug in, without breaking the pins! (test all your power-points!!)
- Odd leak coming from under the kitchen sink

Are the tradies back to working on your home again newy-Jan?
Are the tradies back to working on your home again newy-Jan?[/quote]

Hi CW_L!
Head office, SS, etc were back to work from Monday - nothing really happening yet but a pallet of cement showed up today. Still no sign of bricks or tiles but I live in hope!

Rocks under carpet/leaks, etc - that sounds like some pretty disappointing mistakes. 😕
Are you happy overall with the finish of the house?
Any chance to start your landscaping yet? Or too busy unpacking?
CW_L
Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday!
Its been a month since we moved in, and thought i'd post an update. A couple of things that will need correcting when we hit our 13 week mark.
- We've felt more rocks under the carpet in various rooms
- Some of the grout in the main flooring must've had air pockets, and have since sunk in, leaving small gaps.
- Some power points aren't useable throughout the house. When trying to plug in an appliance one pin wont go in. We tried a fair amount of force to get the plug in, without breaking the pins! (test all your power-points!!)
- Odd leak coming from under the kitchen sink

Are the tradies back to working on your home again newy-Jan?

Any pictures for us??
Hey newy-Jan,

Can't wait to start slowly landscaping. We've been having issues trying to get in-contact with out neighbour. He has stopped replying to emails about fencing. Its been quite frustrating. Also waiting for more cooler days to even start!

We finished the last of our unpacking 2 weeks ago! haha the house is still very empty as my partner and I are buying everything from scratch! And there are still windows with cardboard cover-ups as were still in the middle of getting blinds etc. I'll post photos once everything is a bit more sorted
Newy-Jan, oh no! Hopefully they get their butt into gear! Is your SS giving you weekly updates?
CW_L
Hey newy-Jan,

Can't wait to start slowly landscaping. We've been having issues trying to get in-contact with out neighbour. He has stopped replying to emails about fencing. Its been quite frustrating. Also waiting for more cooler days to even start!

We finished the last of our unpacking 2 weeks ago! haha the house is still very empty as my partner and I are buying everything from scratch! And there are still windows with cardboard cover-ups as were still in the middle of getting blinds etc. I'll post photos once everything is a bit more sorted

Ha! I guess that makes the unpacking a lot quicker then! We've been in our current place for 14 yrs so have a ton of stuff to go through and move (and cull).

What a pain about the neighbour. Would u guys be able to fund it yourselves if you can't get in touch? At least you can build the fence the way you want it then. Though very frustrating.
You're right, it's ridiculously hot right now - not the best for gardening!
CW_L
@Newy-Jan, oh no! Hopefully they get their butt into gear! Is your SS giving you weekly updates?

We got bricks today! Though not sure about the colour now at all. .. but it's too late. .. render one day I guess if we can't handle it!
Ss has been giving us updates - brickies coming next week apparently. The end of the year was a bit slow and steady for us but hoping that they were focusing on getting others in for Christmas and now have more time to focus on us! Fingers crossed anyway 😂
Newy-Jan
We got bricks today! Though not sure about the colour now at all. .. but it's too late. .. render one day I guess if we can't handle it!
Ss has been giving us updates - brickies coming next week apparently. The end of the year was a bit slow and steady for us but hoping that they were focusing on getting others in for Christmas and now have more time to focus on us! Fingers crossed anyway 😂

Hey Newy-Jan, since your last update, how do the bricks look on the house? I'm sure they it looks different in various light.
Hope all the construction work has picked up.

Our neighbour, we've been informed has been on holiday, so we're in the process of sorting out quotes. We just started de-weeding our garden haha the weeds are very established now. And we just got our blinds in last week. Huzzah to no-more cardboard on the windows.. now to shred them up weekly to dispose.
CW_L
Newy-Jan

Hey Newy-Jan, since your last update, how do the bricks look on the house? I'm sure they it looks different in various light.

Our neighbour, we've been informed has been on holiday, so we're in the process of sorting out quotes. We just started de-weeding our garden haha the weeds are very established now. And we just got our blinds in last week. Huzzah to no-more cardboard on the windows.. now to shred them up weekly to dispose.

Hey CW_L!

How is everything going??
That's great about the fence and blinds - who did u go with for the blinds in the end?
Did you sort out the rubble under carpet and kitchen leak?

We've got ground floor bricks in - scaffold up and brickies should be finishing upper level this week, then hopefully roof soon after.
Think we kind of like the bricks now. They look quite different (much nicer) with the mortar!
CW_L
Newy-Jan

newy-Jan

Hi! Our original DIY blinds were with Curtin Wonderland, and the larger windows and fly screens were done through Macarthur Floors & Blinds. They were the cheapest quote, and turn around time was pretty good to.

Our 13-week period to find issues with the house is almost up, so we'll be submitting our list soon! a couple more things to add to the list, but nothing superrrrr major.

Yay! The house looks fantastic! Im sure the bricks will also look better once they've been washed

I love the black window frames! I kinda wish we had picked black instead of white.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum