Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Ballarat - Handover Friday

Page 19 of 24
Looks great!
Had walk through. Looking good. About 6-8 weeks to finish, maybe 10 if weather is bad. I think they need to cut that bit out where the canopy will go as we have tiles up there. But liking the look of it. The Island bench is a grey colour so yet to see how that will come together. No handles on the top cupboards (cause I didn't want any).

icat2000
Had walk through. Looking good. About 6-8 weeks to finish, maybe 10 if weather is bad. I think they need to cut that bit out where the canopy will go as we have tiles up there. But liking the look of it. The Island bench is a grey colour so yet to see how that will come together. No handles on the top cupboards (cause I didn't want any).

Love the upper cabinets, we chose ravine Maison oak, what is yours ?
Polytec Melamine Natural Oak Matt
Wow, love your kitchen. Going really quickly now

Thanks. Starting to come together. I need to make sure they cut out the bit behind the canopy as we paid for some pricey titles to go all the way up with grey grout or do I leave it as is. Decisions. As I like the wooden cupboards . Can't wait to see how my feature blue tiles with the white looks.

Painters should be in this week and then tiler after painting done. We having oak engineered floorboards so the skirting boards will go on last. So no ugly quadding.
Painters are due this week. Can't wait to see how it looks at the weekend. Too dark at night to see.
icat2000

Everything is looking great icat! Love you kitchen! Looks very airy and bright.

We are at the exact same stage - painters started yesterday.
breebarter
icat2000

Everything is looking great icat! Love you kitchen! Looks very airy and bright.

We are at the exact same stage - painters started yesterday.

I think your further ahead as we haven't commence the tiling yet. They doing it after painting. Probably cause we have floor to wall tiles in bathroom areas and floorboards and carpet.

The island bench is going to be grey colour. I hope they all work together with oakfloor boards and white stone benches.

Thank you for your nice comments on the kitchen. We were going for a coastal/steel grey/blue/ shout out to hamptons feel.
Looking fantastic, seems to be going by quickly!
Tried to pop by the house today, can't see in as they got it all windows covered because they painting inside.
Had day off work so spied through the windows tonight to see what was happening. Stone benches are in and looks like they on the last stages of painting. Feature walls need to be done yet.
So surely at this rate the handover is going to occur long before 17th September? I assume when they put that on the contract it was a worst case scenario to cover themselves.
Yeah that date is the length of the build contract. I say maybe late July early August if things go to plan
Oh wow icat looks fab, having been checking into homeone much lately with massive delays in our build, so was supposed to see how much your place has progressed! Happy days

Ezza78
Oh wow icat looks fab, having been checking into homeone much lately with massive delays in our build, so was supposed to see how much your place has progressed! Happy days

Thanks. I can only really peak through the windows at weekend as time I get home from work its already dark.

Sorry to hear about your delays. What been happening with your build?
Popped by to look at the house and the tradies had left the sliding door open so hopped in and took my photos hopped out and locked the door. I was delighted to see they had commenced with the tiles and that my choices looked good, well I think they do. I was being bold with the blue but its come up a treat.

Main bathroom

Ensuite

Basins for the ensuite and bathroom

Kitchen Bench. Stone is in Luna White

Walls have a slightly grey tone to them. Haymes Aura.

Outdoor alfresco tiles. I had forgotten at the last minute we had changed to the dark. We were going to have the same colours as bathroom floors. I glad we did now.

Laundry area (these were the tiles we were going to have in alfresco area.
Looking great!

Beautiful. I love the blue tiles, they are so pretty

They yet to grout them. So its all white grout in the bathroom to make them pop.
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum