Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA in Calleya Estate

Page 19 of 23
When did you apply for it?
I told them 1st of December back in early october
Mrsxtro01
When did you apply for it?
last week!

Haha in the last few weeks I've become very good at harassing people until I get what I want!
My dishwasher and microwave are not in. Is that normal?

CalleyaBuild
I told them 1st of December back in early october

I told them 1st December back in early September!!
I am really unimpressed!
And last week I rang about the landscaping twice and left messages to be rung back to organise an appointment.
Guess what! No return phone call.
Very, very unimpressed!
Madora Dreamer

My guess is they will install them at the very last opportunity to avoid them being stolen.
Mrsxtro01
Madora Dreamer

My guess is they will install them at the very last opportunity to avoid them being stolen.
that makes sense.

CalleyaBuild
Haha in the last few weeks I've become very good at harassing people until I get what I want!

LOL! Me too!
It is a fine line between being forceful and being obnoxious and I think I am leaning towards the latter more and more lately!
But if they'd just do what they say they will do there would be no problems.
So apparently my fence WILL be installed this week. I will believe it when I see it!
New bins delivered this morning.
Security screens for the back of the house (to comply with pool fencing regulations) organised this morning. Will be installed early January.
Temporary fencing for pool will be delivered next week. Pool goes in on the 5th January.
PCI tomorrow morning at 7.30am.
And the bank will be doing their inspection tomorrow too, then funds should be released immediately.
Handover later this week is looking promising!
Mrsxtro01
So apparently my fence WILL be installed this week. I will believe it when I see it!
New bins delivered this morning.
Security screens for the back of the house (to comply with pool fencing regulations) organised this morning. Will be installed early January.
Temporary fencing for pool will be delivered next week. Pool goes in on the 5th January.
PCI tomorrow morning at 7.30am.
And the bank will be doing their inspection tomorrow too, then funds should be released immediately.
Handover later this week is looking promising!
go you! Enjoy your PCI tomorrow.

PCI all done and dusted. Some very minor things to be fixed (small marks on paint, some external drains that need lifting slightly to be level with the paving etc). No surprises which is how I like it at this stage of the game!
Bank valuer will be going through the house today. Expecting funds to be released either tonight or tomorrow.
As soon as that is done we will be picking up the keys! So VERY VERY excited!
Moving in this weekend.
Will have been almost exactly 5 months to the day between commencement of earthworks and handing over of keys.
You done good, HGWA!!
Mrsxtro01
PCI all done and dusted. Some very minor things to be fixed (small marks on paint, some external drains that need lifting slightly to be level with the paving etc). No surprises which is how I like it at this stage of the game!
Bank valuer will be going through the house today. Expecting funds to be released either tonight or tomorrow.
Moving in this weekend.
Will have been almost exactly 5 months to the day between commencement of earthworks and handing over of keys.
You done good, HGWA!!

That's fantastic and so fast.
I finally get my keys today, 11 working days after PCI... We were in the construction stage for 7 months.
But at least they have rectified the issues (nothing major) that our external inspector picked up at PCI.
The rest of our fencing should be done tomorrow and landscaping appointment booked in for nearly next week.

All the best with the move. See you round the neighbour. Amy
Mrsxtro01
Moving in this weekend.
You done good, HGWA!!

Nice! My fencing is eventually being done.
CalleyaBuild
Mrsxtro01
Moving in this weekend.
You done good, HGWA!!

Nice! My fencing is eventually being done.

Apparently my fencing will be done by the end of this week. Although I have been hearing the same thing for the last 5 weeks so not holding my breath!
5 months is super fast! You must be really happy with that. How have you found the workmanship? Is it up to the quality you expected?
J278
5 months is super fast! You must be really happy with that. How have you found the workmanship? Is it up to the quality you expected?

Most definitely pleased!
HGWA are notoriously slow with the admin process, but cannot fault their build quality and times.
Everything happened pretty much exactly as they said it would. And the true test of a builder... when there was a problem with our island bench they bent over backwards to get it fixed to our satisfaction and in a very timely manner.
Would recommend them for sure.
Mrsxtro01
J278

Most definitely pleased!
HGWA are notoriously slow with the admin process, but cannot fault their build quality and times.
Everything happened pretty much exactly as they said it would. And the true test of a builder... when there was a problem with our island bench they bent over backwards to get it fixed to our satisfaction and in a very timely manner.
Would recommend them for sure.

That has been my experience so far too. My partner and I have remained so skeptical along the way just like people do with car salesmen. For no good reason either haha I feel like we’re in good hands, and it’s good to see how well they built your house.
Wow that was so fast! Hoping ours will be too now! Congrats’

Mrsxtro01
Moving in this weekend.
You done good, HGWA!!
congratulations Mrsxtro! I hope you do get to move over the weekend. I am aiming for the full move on the 2nd January. Fingers crossed for you!

Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum