Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes Newport 361 in Sth East Melbourne

Page 19 of 42
Fnr
Hi

I was reading on the thread that some of you guys upgraded the insulation. Was it worth it do youll think?

We only have upgraded roof insulation but there's definitely many benefits to upgrading it all if it's in your budget ?

Thanks kat_1025. Will definitely look into it. At least upgrading the roof like u guys did.
We also consider adding insulation to internal walls and to the space between GF and 1F mainly for acoustic reasons.
Thanks illya 477.
The long awaited kitchen is in... it was the part that made me most nervous as I wasn't sure how it would turn out but honestly could not be happier. Well worth the 3k they made me pay to change the layout 😍😍

The laundry cabinets are in too

Bathroom has been delivered but no stairs yet to get them up so at the moment they're a feature in the theatre room haha

They've also done the upstairs skirting and doors

Looking good Kat_1025. We're looking to add stacks of pot drawers too. Much easier to use than standard cabinets. Have you included soft close to your cabinets and if so was there any extra cost for you to do this?
illya477
Looking good Kat_1025. We're looking to add stacks of pot drawers too. Much easier to use than standard cabinets. Have you included soft close to your cabinets and if so was there any extra cost for you to do this?

Thanks! I am so happy with it. Soft close was included in our house. Not sure if it was part of the promo though

Kat_1025
The long awaited kitchen is in... it was the part that made me most nervous as I wasn't sure how it would turn out but honestly could not be happier. Well worth the 3k they made me pay to change the layout 😍😍

Bathroom has been delivered but no stairs yet to get them up so at the moment they're a feature in the theatre room haha

Looks awesome - did you extend the bench in the laundry? And do u have a walk in linen closest or just standard?

Looks great!!! Loving the white. Your kitchen is HUGGGEEE. I really like your laundry.. I really wish they had done my laundry in white rather than the woodgrain, but oh well.

You have soft close? Now I'm more jealous!!
Nae84
Kat_1025

Looks awesome - did you extend the bench in the laundry? And do u have a walk in linen closest or just standard?

Hey Nae.. we sure did extend the bench in the laundry and we went with the walk in pantry instead of linen as we have 3 dbl linen and understand storage so def didn't need anymore haha

aloenyx
Looks great!!! Loving the white. Your kitchen is HUGGGEEE. I really like your laundry.. I really wish they had done my laundry in white rather than the woodgrain, but oh well.

Thanks Dawn! Very happy with all of it! Our last house we chose all the coloured cabinets and loved them but this time wanted white on white for everything... probably a little crazy when we have 2 toddlers hahaha

Cool we're doing the extended kitchen so won't have walk in pantry or walk in linen! We have also asked to have the access to the understair storage in the garage so there is no door in the family room

Nae84
Cool we're doing the extended kitchen so won't have walk in pantry or walk in linen! We have also asked to have the access to the understair storage in the garage so there is no door in the family room

We asked for the door in the garage too and they said it couldn't be done... my ss said he doesn't see why but it's too late now! 😣

Kat_1025
aloenyx

Thanks Dawn! Very happy with all of it! Our last house we chose all the coloured cabinets and loved them but this time wanted white on white for everything... probably a little crazy when we have 2 toddlers hahaha

Haha.. not too crazy XD I have a white kitchen and was expecting a white laundry, and then picked a wood grain for my bathroom as all my tiling is white.. but the builder went with woodgrain in the laundry.. hopefully will look okay!

Once they start painting you'll be at the same stage as me
D
aloenyx
Kat_1025
aloenyx

Haha.. not too crazy XD I have a white kitchen and was expecting a white laundry, and then picked a wood grain for my bathroom as all my tiling is white.. but the builder went with woodgrain in the laundry.. hopefully will look okay!

Once they start painting you'll be at the same stage as me
D

I love your woodgrain. It adds so much character to white floors. We chose grey floors so wanted the white to balance that.

Our painting is due to start next Monday but we'd still be a few weeks behind you I think ?

Kat_1025
Nae84

We asked for the door in the garage too and they said it couldn't be done... my ss said he doesn't see why but it's too late now! 😣

How annoying we were told they could but the door would be on a slight angle but all good with us we want to store lawn mower etc and mayb not need a garden she'd!

Yeah super annoying as we wanted to store kids bikes etc and not have a shed either.... We were also told no change to the facade as we wanted to change the pitch of the porch.... guess what? Newport around the corner has done exactly what we wanted to do! :S

Thanks.
I just can't wait to see my tiles done.. I hope all the colours and grout work together.

I really want to get back into the house, I've only got to walk through the inside once since frame stage.. its such an amazing feeling to walk through my house and get a feel for the space.
aloenyx
Thanks.
I just can't wait to see my tiles done.. I hope all the colours and grout work together.

I really want to get back into the house, I've only got to walk through the inside once since frame stage.. its such an amazing feeling to walk through my house and get a feel for the space.

I'm sure it'll all look beautiful. Hopefully you get a nice surprise and tiles are finished by the time you get back to visit.

I will be devastated when i cant get in... The only reason I got in today was jumping through a window 🙈

XD Haha!! You are brave. I get nervous just walking around the outside of my house in case someone sees me. I couldn't imagine breaking in XDD

The one time I went in was with the builder just after plaster was done.

Ooh, is your laundry benchtop stone? It looks nice.
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum