Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vancouver -Porter Davis

Page 19 of 27
lizbf85
Bapontar
lizbf85
Dont want to jinx us... but so far so good we are 3 weeks in i think or could be 2... 3 since cut and we have slab, frame, gas lines, all correct window, upgraded ones and all...that look amazing i should add... and our roof tiles got delievered today!!! So excited and so far so good..
Feeling like the luck is bound to end of.things will come to a big hult soon. Fingers crossed.

What facade sis you choose?

wow!!! thats what you get for uploading a photo from your phone... woops
we went with the waterside facade

it was the least that ate into my walk in robe haha

Do you have a dedicated blog of the progress of your building process? I would like to follow.

Going to cobtract on 12 October.
Hope will start building on November.
But they said nothing gonna happen on December.
So maybe going to start on Jan instead.
Bapontar
lizbf85

Do you have a dedicated blog of the progress of your building process? I would like to follow.

I actually don't. I wouldn't even know where to start or how to create one.
I've been posting on here when i can, but im happy to continue posting with progress

Are you building the Vancouver 29 or 33?
Yes over xmas i imagine most trades knock off. This is probably why our contract to build 31 squares is about 285 days!!!!!! our build sheet says it should complete is 18 weeks and that is technically 90 days... so i guess with any factored in delays they have more than covered themselves for that and for the xmas break..

when did you start your process?
lizbf85
Bapontar
lizbf85

I've been posting on here when i can, but im happy to continue posting with progress

Yes over xmas i imagine most trades knock off. This is probably why our contract to build 31 squares is about 285 days!!!!!! our build sheet says it should complete is 18 weeks and that is technically 90 days... so i guess with any factored in delays they have more than covered themselves for that and for the xmas break..

285 days??? From which point did they start counting?

I start my inquiry to display home back on March. Color selection on May and their schedule of tender just couldnt match mine, so i just had my tender appointment couple weeks ago and will be having my contract on 12 October. I have also requested change of BC due to the last one just simply hard to deal with.
Email todayc got reply at least the next 2 days. Never return my phone call. Complained to every media chanel i can possibily can, and finally they change the bc last week. Hope from now on everything will go thru just fine.

Really hoping I can see your floor plan.

I am building vancouver 33

Attached the floorplan with changes

May i know where do you build your house? And how much your site cost?
Mine got quoted at 25k and then jumped to 40k, and on tenderit jumped again to 42k. They use the strongest slab that ever existed according to them.
I have around 1.1m slope from front the back. Is it normal?

Hope to be hearing from you.
lizbf85
Bapontar
lizbf85

I start my inquiry to display home back on March. Color selection on May and their schedule of tender just couldnt match mine, so i just had my tender appointment couple weeks ago and will be having my contract on 12 October. I have also requested change of BC due to the last one just simply hard to deal with.
Email todayc got reply at least the next 2 days. Never return my phone call. Complained to every media chanel i can possibily can, and finally they change the bc last week. Hope from now on everything will go thru just fine.

Mine got quoted at 25k and then jumped to 40k, and on tenderit jumped again to 42k. They use the strongest slab that ever existed according to them.

That time is from site start so when you receive your construction letter. we were blown away with that given id compared with others in the forum. However because our was a knock down we just thought maybe things could arise that would cause hold ups. Hoping that this was just a very over estimated time frame.

Yes it can be very frustrating from the initial process, as we had endless issues however had a good BC that kept us in the loop. Even if she didn't have the answer she would reply and let us know when to expect and answer.. there was so much miscommunication from our sales appt till the end of contract and even now we are coming across things that were said at tender that now are no longer true.

we are building about 10km north from city ..
Our site costs were a little under 50k i believe that included other things like a legal point of discharge pump system etc
Our slab too was the highest possible, along with screw piles so the price went through the roof.
There were a lot of things in the tender that we fought, eg traffic management ie lolly pop men. that was NOT even required by our council but still in our contract. There was also a charge of about $3K that was because overhead power lines were withing a certain distance of our delivery/drive way and that wasn't even true., just be careful and read and question EVERYTHING!!!!

ours was a flat block with no rock, costs if rock was present would have eliminated us

i dont have our floor plan as yet however ill see if i can upload it.
we made quite a few changes, and whilst its not as wide as the 33 its longer in family, lounge, bedrooms etc
Bapontar

not sure if you saw my reply above! as i didn't quote it!
Update!!! Our roof is now complete i believe and looks fantastic! They knocked this out in a couple of days. We.caught them working on public holiday and Sunday! Couldn't believe it. We noticed from the fence yesterday that the foil was being put in i think this is what they refer to as being wrapt. Noticed the heating vents in the roof too. Theres a big lump of sand at our door which i imagine is for when bricks start next week.

Still in absolute shock at how fast and smooth its moving.. if only the pre build stuff was just as straight forward ! Again hoping u dont jinx this.
lizbf85
Update!!! Our roof is now complete i believe and looks fantastic! They knocked this out in a couple of days. We.caught them working on public holiday and Sunday! Couldn't believe it. We noticed from the fence yesterday that the foil was being put in i think this is what they refer to as being wrapt. Noticed the heating vents in the roof too. Theres a big lump of sand at our door which i imagine is for when bricks start next week.

Still in absolute shock at how fast and smooth its moving.. if only the pre build stuff was just as straight forward ! Again hoping u dont jinx this.

Post some photos please.
Bapontar
lizbf85

Post some photos please.

did you see the floor plan above??
photos ill have to get when i got to visit as my husband has been the one there. and given we are not aloud on site it can be hard to get photos.
So
sorry i posted this pic on the other topic. Ready for bricks
lizbf85
So
sorry i posted this pic on the other topic. Ready for bricks

Looking good.
asheeshjoshi
So today after spending another 2 hours at PD we finally locked down our plan.

Got corner Alfresco increased by 1.4 mts ( so it's 5 x 4 now ) and opted for Hebel full render house.

My final plan and site coverage is attached. Pleased that we are now using 59.38% of our 18x30 lot to fit and maximise Vancouver. It's a 34.1 sq house now

How was your building process?
Bapontar
asheeshjoshi
So today after spending another 2 hours at PD we finally locked down our plan.

Got corner Alfresco increased by 1.4 mts ( so it's 5 x 4 now ) and opted for Hebel full render house.

My final plan and site coverage is attached. Pleased that we are now using 59.38% of our 18x30 lot to fit and maximise Vancouver. It's a 34.1 sq house now

How was your building process?

Im pretty sure the guy above pulled out

We have bricks! !!

We have a front door!! Plaster coming in on Wednesday followed by bricks starting tomorrow hopefully!!!
This photo shows our living dining which has been extended length ways. Hard to tell by the angles of the photo.
Met with our ss on Friday who seems to really know what hes doing so we are excited to finally arrive at lock up ?
lizbf85

We have a front door!! Plaster coming in on Wednesday followed by bricks starting tomorrow hopefully!!!
This photo shows our living dining which has been extended length ways. Hard to tell by the angles of the photo.
Met with our ss on Friday who seems to really know what hes doing so we are excited to finally arrive at lock up

Looking good.

May i know how much the upgrade cost of the alfresco sliding door?
And did u upgrade the size of dinning/back external window?

Thanks
Thanks! Ill have to check from memory it was about $1000 ish for the stacker and i think maybe 800 for the window upgrade. (Its the same as the display ) def worthwhile for our back yard. Opens it up! Our backyard is about 15.2m wide by 8m deep. Perfect for grass and some kind of garden against the back fence. Ill upload a pic we took today as we could get into the yard to take a peek!
lizbf85
Thanks! Ill have to check from memory it was about $1000 ish for the stacker and i think maybe 800 for the window upgrade. (Its the same as the display ) def worthwhile for our back yard. Opens it up! Our backyard is about 15.2m wide by 8m deep. Perfect for grass and some kind of garden against the back fence. Ill upload a pic we took today as we could get into the yard to take a peek!

If you dont mind, could you please check it, and if possible, please post a photo of the item and price in the quote/contract. I want to add that if it is within my budget on my re-contract appointment this coming friday
Bapontar
lizbf85

If you dont mind, could you please check it, and if possible, please post a photo of the item and price in the quote/contract. I want to add that if it is within my budget on my re-contract appointment this coming friday

Yes that's what it was my husband checked last night. Id make a suggestion here and speak to your bc now about it so its added in time for your contract or you wont be singing. Why have you had two contract appointments?
lizbf85
Bapontar
lizbf85

Yes that's what it was my husband checked last night. Id make a suggestion here and speak to your bc now about it so its added in time for your contract or you wont be singing. Why have you had two contract appointments?

Because the previous BC was not performing well. And I have been complaining here and there to get her replaced. And finally they did. 3 weeks before my contract that supposed to go last week. But when I went there meet my new BC, all changes I made during tender were not in the contract. So i refused to sign. So last week I somehow have another sort of tender appointment with this new Bc. Hopefully she will do better compere to the previous one.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum