Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 19 of 730
MJ Overture
Our slab was finished off today, and my oh my what a mighty slab it is!!

Blog has been updated with some pics

Congrats MJ Overture on the slab
I'm waiting for my frames, I was told next month should on site and putting em up, I don't understand why it takes so long, And these consistent perfect non rainy days are being waisted.
ben+lisa
I'm waiting for my frames, I was told next month should on site and putting em up, I don't understand why it takes so long, And these consistent perfect non rainy days are being waisted.

Normally the slab needs 7 days to settle, and frames get delivered about that time. Than about two weeks to complete the frames, max 3 weeks if double story. Not sure why your frames are delayed.

Hmmm... did you pay your first installment after the slab?
Vatche
ben+lisa

Normally the slab needs 7 days to settle, and frames get delivered about that time. Than about two weeks to complete the frames, max 3 weeks if double story. Not sure why your frames are delayed.

Hmmm... did you pay your first installment after the slab?

Hey Vatche

I got the invoice and paid it, within the 7 days i was given.
When i had finalized with pre construction and signed off, i was told that all the frames and bricks etc have been ordered and that was over a month ago, maybe the framers are flat out at the moment.
I checked tiling quote of the Tile Direct (another tiling contract of M). I have main bathroom, ensuite, powder room with upgraded shower and bathroom of the granny flat, they charged $600 for the bright silver square edge trim all above. I totally spend $7900.50 for all above upgraded to ceiling hight tiling, Bremuda floor waster, white polish porcelain to kitchen splash back and silver trim. Hope this helps.

Vina
Hi All

Just wondering how much do you guys get charged for the "Silver Tile Edge Trim" in bathroom (see picture below in red).
You should be able to see it from Don's Tile or Tile Direct invoice/quote.

I'm getting charge $200+ which I believe is a rip off.

Thanks all in advance.

Guys,
I'm still ranting about the front entry door upgrade charge, from 2040 to 2340mm is $365? Any one charged this much ? I think they ripped me off!
Ricaaaa
Dani!!!!!!!!!!! omg I can't believe still no action on the retaining wall!!!!

electrician called us today they admitted that the power point in the middle under the breakfast bench was a mistake and they are adding a new one in the location I actually want it...YAY

Vina i do recall requesting for the metal strips, can't remember how much but all left overs I kept took home and gave to my dad cause he wanted them lol but $200 wouldn't surprise me
SS also said he has arranged for the exhaust to be fixed and relocated!

Hey Ricaaaa oh yeah you should see the file its the size of a folder. Our friend took over because just when we thought it was done they wanted waterboard approval who said the wall was too close to the sewer pipes (that are all on our neighbours blocks we have a clean block) and they needed to do a peg out of our neighbours yards and dig up. Ha! So he went through M's architects who have geotec drawings etc to avoid. I cant wait for the weekend to read all your posts.
Vina
Hi All

Just wondering how much do you guys get charged for the "Silver Tile Edge Trim" in bathroom (see picture below in red).

Thanks all in advance.

[/quote]

I'm not at tile selection stage but need to ask, we don't have to have the silver trim do we? The only reason I ask is when we built (another builder) previously we didn't want a "pebblecrete finish" to the front porch but we also didn't expect the nightmare uneven and rough concrete finish we got. This isn't one of those things where it is a horrible messy edge if you don't upgrade is it?
[quote="Sunny16"]Guys,
I'm still ranting about the front entry door upgrade charge, from 2040 to 2340mm is $365? Any one charged this much ? I think they ripped me off!
/quote]

btw, I took mansion package and yes include come with 2.6 m ceiling, I found M inconsistent charge, some got charge$55 and some got charge$100, but mine 3 times more...!
dream_home93
Vina
Hi All

Thanks all in advance.

I'm not at tile selection stage but need to ask, we don't have to have the silver trim do we? The only reason I ask is when we built (another builder) previously we didn't want a "pebblecrete finish" to the front porch but we also didn't expect the nightmare uneven and rough concrete finish we got. This isn't one of those things where it is a horrible messy edge if you don't upgrade is it?

We do not have these on our walls, just around the edges of our baths, cost us about $300. We only have standard 1 tile level wall tiles and they look fine. Not sure how well they will look if they were to the ceiling height.
just got floor plan back, it's shock me, total increase about 7k on top of the tender price !!!

initial tender was assume on half cut and half fill, but some how they put extra work on dropped garage, adding scaffolding and patio steps come out to total of 7k? i have not been told before paid the deposit, and i thought the tender is fix site cost already?
any one got hit with extra site cost?
OMG I went past the block today, and my frames are up, what a surprise I was told next month!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/etwrgx6sb9ue2 ... .10.31.jpg
That's awesome news Ben+Lisa!! Congrats
[quote="Sunny16"]just got floor plan back, it's shock me, total increase about 7k on top of the tender price !!!

initial tender was assume on half cut and half fill, but some how they put extra work on dropped garage, adding scaffolding and patio steps come out to total of 7k? i have not been told before paid the deposit, and i thought the tender is fix site cost already?
any one got hit with extra site cost?[/
Hey sunny16

did you have site contours from the developer prior to the quote? Are you going through CDC or council?
ben+lisa
Sunny16
just got floor plan back, it's shock me, total increase about 7k on top of the tender price !!!

Hey sunny16

did you have site contours from the developer prior to the quote? Are you going through CDC or council?

We going through CDC, there was no contour done before tender, I haven't signed the contract yet only paid the 3.5k.
dream_home93
Vina
Hi All

Thanks all in advance.

I'm not at tile selection stage but need to ask, we don't have to have the silver trim do we? The only reason I ask is when we built (another builder) previously we didn't want a "pebblecrete finish" to the front porch but we also didn't expect the nightmare uneven and rough concrete finish we got. This isn't one of those things where it is a horrible messy edge if you don't upgrade is it?[/quote]
Hi dream_home
I didn't get charged for the aluminium upgrade, maybe due to mine being brushed aluminium instead of the shiny stuff, my quote states "aluminium trims throughout bathrooms",
but if not aluminium I think it's a plastic trim that best matches your tile selection, there has to be something on the corners as tiles don't have colour on the sides
Sunny16
ben+lisa
Sunny16

Hey sunny16

We going through CDC, there was no contour done before tender, I haven't signed the contract yet only paid the 3.5k.

My shock was at the first tender stage but I had the site contours,
I had told M that the price is to expensive and they came back with some ideas to reduce the cost
So the price was reduced by using a 650 cut and fill which reduced the drop edge beam and garage drop.
I also removed the quoted 2.5k for the front steps, I'm doing that after hand over with a timber floor with a step, remember M charge a 30% margin on top of tradies.
But with the scaffolding this I don't understand and wasn't charged with.
[quote="Sunny16"]Guys,
/quote]

Hi Sunny,

We got charged $778 to upgrade our door width from standard to 1020mm. It was way more than 30% above the retail cost for a custom door.

M often appear to make up prices and the later you make the changes the more they charge.

Try to look at the overall cost of the house and what you're getting for that money, it helps ease the sting of some exorbitant items...
ben+lisa
Hi dream_home
I didn't get charged for the aluminium upgrade, maybe due to mine being brushed aluminium instead of the shiny stuff, my quote states "aluminium trims throughout bathrooms",
but if not aluminium I think it's a plastic trim that best matches your tile selection, there has to be something on the corners as tiles don't have colour on the sides

Thanks Ben and Lisa....That helps a lot
I'm thinking that we must have had it at our previous home - at least for the spa bath but it must have been white as I do not remember it otherwise.... (I only lived there for 10 years...lol).

I'm not sure about it...I noticed it is also in the house I'm renting so will have more decisions to make. Just when I thought I had upgraded everything I possibly can, I find more.. lol!
Ren1979

We are building the Vallina Grand in Voyager Point, SW Sydney.

$3500 paid and my first plans are due this week. We had to make a few changes to fit on our corner block with an angled side boundary. The Theatre room was pushed back then we extended the study out so we have not lost any space. We also added cavity sliders to the theatre and study to block noise and hide mess. Kitchen and WIP were flipped so I can get my bifold kitchen window to open onto our side alfresco. The alfresco was also extended so that it runs from the end of the house down to the end of the kitchen.

Hi Ren1979,

Welcome! I'm also building the Villina Grande and have also flipped my kitchen and WIP. It works much better for us as we are on a corner block and will get the Western Sun into our living and kitchen area during summer that way. We also blocked in the study to hide mess as I live in my office half the time and have put a cavity door into the home theatre.

Hoping your plans come back soon! I've been told 2 weeks longer to wait. Did you have to get a corner facade as you are on a corner block?
MrsRose
Sunny16
Guys,
/quote]

Hi Sunny,

We got charged $778 to upgrade our door width from standard to 1020mm. It was way more than 30% above the retail cost for a custom door.

M often appear to make up prices and the later you make the changes the more they charge.

Try to look at the overall cost of the house and what you're getting for that money, it helps ease the sting of some exorbitant items...

That's really ripped off...good point when look at overall cost...
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum