Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING IN MANOOKA VALLEY CURRANS HILL

Page 19 of 45
Hi everyone

We're in the process of buying block 506. We're really excited, can't believe we found such big blocks so close to Camden/Campbelltown! And it seems like it will be a really nice neighbourhood too. It's great to hear that people's houses are starting to go up, it must be very exciting to be at that stage!!

I was wondering if anyone else here has any of the lots 501-510? A few people have mentioned the power lines to us (including the bank) and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the EMR (radiation), I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing people get tested before buying a block?? Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about how close to power lines is considered safe to live. Or is it only an issue for resale because of them interrupting the nice views?

No worries if no one knows, just thought I'd put it out there to see if it's a common thing that people worry about for health, or if the risk from the bank's perspective is just about resale due to it being perceived as a bit of an eyesore

Laura
Hi Laura - Welcome to Manooka Valley

It is purely resale from a bank's perspective. There is a whole heap of information online around the issues, some scaremongering but also a whole load of facts. To put it very simply if there was any danger to build a home on the lot then the lot would not be approved as a habitable development by council.

You can buy radiation meters reasonably cheaply <$500 or rent one if you want to do your own testing, but the test's would have already been carried out and findings to be satisfactory to safe levels.

I'm on lot 111 and also work at Wisdom Homes Oran park if you have any building related queries.

Good luck with the purchase and look forward to meeting everyone when we all get in. We should probably have a forum meet up at the BBQ's one afternoon when it's open
hey everyone,
hi Joshua + laura..welcome to manooka...
what are you guys planning to build?..you have a great big block.

Paul..good idea to have a meet up soon especially now frames are going up..good to see your place is going ahead very quickly..
hey Ash
We had a chat with Craig on Friiday and he thinks we will have bricking well established by Christmas!
He said the single story houses go up faster as they need a crane to put up the top half of the double story houses, so our house will be done in stages. Our frame is being delivered next friday the 22nd.
I had a cheeky walk through mine this morning, can see how all the rooms are now and a much better idea of how the garden sits. So exciting!!!

Bricks will start on Tuesday weather permitting and should be completed by the weekend, it's all happening now!
Hi everyone.
Great to see it all happening so quick. Our slab should be laid down this week which is sooner than we thought. Great to also see the bbq equipment set up in the park
Excellent I was hoping there would be BBQs.

I drove past today as the sand for siddos place was being delivered along with his bricks.

We have had all our drainage done today. We have a very muddy looking slab.
What is with this weather! Already put us over a week behind now
Hi Siddo and Ash, thanks for the welcome

We're planning to build a single storey, 4 bedroom house... Haven't picked a builder yet but enjoying looking at lots of display homes and floor plans at the moment. It's so much fun!

Yes this rain has been crazy... This afternoon particularly, it's gotten so dark and stormy!
Hi Joshua&Laura,

It certainly is the fun and exciting part - until you get to see it going up anyway

Just let me know if you want any help or advice - and of course if you are considering Wisdom Homes I am more than happy to help you with design's, siting's and pricing.

The brickwork has started at mine now, but we are behind. Should have been finished yesterday but now looking at Thursday next week I'd say.

Chapo's your frame is there
All that rain hasn't helped anyone building this week.

I know Paul very excited!!!! The kids got very excited when they saw our name on parts of the wood..i think it was the flooring for the first floor.

HI Joshua and Laura and welcome.

Paul lucky all your sand didn't wash away. I did see that 1 line of bricks are down.
Hi Everyone

We went for a detour today to look at the estate and there was a man building up the BBQ.

There was certainly lots to see we were checking out our neighbors bricks

Which bricks is everyone choosing for their houses? Colors have changed a lot since we last built.

Ours are set in concrete no changing allowed (so we won't copy d.w).lol
Hi Pikey, our bricks are Chocolatto - a dark brick with brown blue tinge. Check out Lot 111 the bricks are going up now
We had a little walk down behind your block last week and we saw the bricks there today .looks great ! Where is the pool going to be? On the side?

We are using the Chatswood brick we changed our mind at the last minute and upgraded..not really modern style but we love it
Yea pool on the side, down the side of the house so the outdoor leisure and kitchen window look on to it.

All that matters is that YOU like the bricks (as long as they are not glow in the dark)
Our bricks are engage from the everyday lifestyle range here is the link.
http://australbricks.com/bricks/everyday-life-bricks/

Our frame is going up today !!!!!
Hi everyone

Welcome Joshua and Laura, who are actually friends of mine...hi guys.... and soon to be my neighbours....well six houses up neighbour....

Our bricks will be PGH Cement.

Our latest update is that sometime between Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning we got pegged finally!!....Not likely we will get the slab down by Christmas, but will be done in January definately.... now we have to re-apply for our construction loan as it is about to expire...oh well, we have time to go through it again before January...

In other news, my sister and husband have put a holding deposit on lot 503, so will be one of my neighbours as well (about 9 houses up from us).... apparently the people who held this lot before pulled out friday night.....they have just signed up with Eden Brae as well....at this stage the Hamilton 28, I think is the one they are choosing (on display at Oran Park, right next door to our display house)....

Candice and Ryan
Lot 224
Eden Brae Cremorne 37 +2sq
Hi Laura...We were lot 507 before the bank knocked us back...regards your EMR question, I called an EMR expert and was advised not to waste my money on the reading and report as the effects would be negligible especially regards the power line. It would be okay even up to 20metres. the concern would be the telecommunications tower but even that is too far for concern. For the most part, EMR is an issue when you build and for example place the electricity box near your room or use induction cook tops, or the telecommunications tower is opposite you in an apartment block. See http://www.emrsurveys.com.au/ for info or for $220 you can get a report for peace of mind, but they suggested to save my money. Good luck with it all....i wouldn't worry...see previous posts for further info.....
Hi All

Looks like MV will have it's first resident soon.I have it on good authority that one of the houses is up for lease.
Would have to be one of the Murphy homes I'd say.
Lots more happening in Ascot Dr too with two more blocks benched this week.
We are patiently waiting for ours to go to the CDC. We will be lucky to be in before Spring next year....
Hi everyone, just driving through MV this morning & almost drove into the security car which has been totally burnt out & left across the middle of Manooka road, just near the playground !!!! Sue
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum