Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone Building at One Minto?

Page 19 of 38
Marzbar83
I drive past everyday, lol. It's on my way home so I detour to check it out.

Thats good
I think it helps heaps. I am around 30 km away, so will be problem once I start.

What measures are you taking to audit the builders work ? (ex. professional builder inspector...)
Marzbar83

Happy times guys. Cannot wait to see houses built near the park and see you guys in person

Our stage 12 might get stretched to few more weeks ( no surprise) and construction might start next year
askanaan
Marzbar83

Thats good
I think it helps heaps. I am around 30 km away, so will be problem once I start.

What measures are you taking to audit the builders work ? (ex. professional builder inspector...)

I can always keep you informed, take pictures etc for you.

My husband and his family are all in the building/construction industry electrical and everything so they are my investigators luckily.
Marzbar83
askanaan
Marzbar83

Thats good

I can always keep you informed, take pictures etc for you.

My husband and his family are all in the building/construction industry electrical and everything so they are my investigators luckily.

Thanks

I am sure I won't be patient enough to miss any stage of the whole process.
Cheers
It is great to see how excited everyone is and i'm sure that we will share a great neighborhood. I try and get out on the weekend and will hopefully get out to Baw Baw on Saturday morning.

I have been told that the frame has arrived and it will be great to be able to visualise how the house with sit and look from the street as it has all be in my imagination so far.

if anyone is out on Saturday I hope to see you there.

A
Hi Shakkas,

Good to hear your home is making great progress. Once the frame goes up, it'll be windows and roof, then bricks, then you'll be locked out. Before you know it you'll be in there and enjoying it!

Our slab is due to be poured next week. We can't wait to see it take off from the next week onwards!
I don't think we'll be down tomorrow morning, but we'll certainly make an appearance at some point over the weekend.

I don't think we'll be down tomorrow morning, but we'll certainly make an appearance at some point over the weekend.
Hi everyone i m new to this forum.

how is everyone? I am trying to find best home loan and builder to build my new home.

All suggestions are highly appreciated....
lucky111

how is everyone? I am trying to find best home loan and builder to build my new home.

Hello Lucky111 and welcome to this forum !

I will comment on the builder side only, I spent several months looking for a builder, and the advise I got was to go with big reliable builders that won't be bankrupt while building. There are few horror stories about this topic.

With regards to big builders, the price difference usually is limited to around 5% wherever you try it, and regarding quality they are very similar too.
Finding a good design that fits your block and your expectation might be the most important part, you may shortlist a few designs from more than one builder, then shop around and see which builder gives you the best inclusions at the best price.

I am building with Clarendon, I am not recommending them here, this is just the process I went through and selected Clarendon. Eden Brae has a better quality control process where they hire and independent quality inspection company.

You will find many people happy with Rawson Homes, at the time I checked them they were over priced and the sales process was unpleasant, so I turned away from them.

Basically shop around and see what can fit your requirements. Also don't get lured by sales tricks most of them use such as "I will ally with you against my manager" , "Price increase is coming soon and its very hard", "I will give you a free dishwasher if you sign today" ... and other nasty stuff you will be facing to press on you to sign and pay a deposit.

Cheers and good luck,
lucky111

Hi Lucky,

Welcome aboard and congrats for getting your first dream home.

There is no such loan called Best home loan as it depends on your requirements and situation.

Best is to shop around and get a good knowledgeable broker. I found one from forums like whirlpool for MacArthur region and I am happy with him after having bad ones initially who were too busy and could not deliver. Also as this service is free, its your decision at the end if you are happy with the product and give green signal. ( if you want I will give you his details.)

Secondly as it is a construction loans, try to go with big banks or lenders who have some service as many online lenders though have very good rate, but service is missing.

Secondly regarding the builder, as askaan explained, do your homework and get to as many builders sales office as you can. See their designs and display homes and you will have enough knowledge from each on of the sales person about it. Dont rush is the key...

Hope that helps.
Welcome lucky111! Nice to see this forum is getting bigger and informative which helps other people building at One Minto Estate, I went with St.George Bank direct with my homeloan and they are very professional and have a competitive loan packages plus they are owned by Westpac Bank which gives them more financial power & stability. We build with Wisdom Homes and moved in October last year and the excitement still remains after more than a year living on our dream home.Very happy with everything. My experience with this builder was a pleasant one and enjoyed the building journey from day 1 till the end of the maintenance period. Choose your builder carefully and go with a reputable one because this will either make or break your building experience and also your budget. Ask for a fixed price tender so you know the bottom line and don't forget to set aside money for soft and hard landscaping as they can be quite expensive but needs to be done or you will end up with a feeling of moving into a half finish home. All the best for you and you made a wise choice by choosing One Minto to build your dream home, Not just a great location but a place to be!

My Blog : http://columbus26dreamhome.blogspot.com.au
Thank You! askanaan, gabby and mrxhn.

It feels good when some one give good advice. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.

Btw when is stage 12 is getting registered??

Yes Gabby if u can send me the ph no. that will be great.
lucky111
Thank You! askanaan, gabby and mrxhn.

It feels good when some one give good advice. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.

Btw when is stage 12 is getting registered??

Yes Gabby if u can send me the ph no. that will be great.

Hi Lucky,
Landcon have submitted the land titles for Stage 12 and it might be ready by end of Nov. or early dec.
I will PM you the person no. His name is Alex.

Good luck.
G.
Hi All,

I'm building a two story in One minto in front of the Children's Community park. Land was purchased from Stage 10a. Building with Meridian Homes and the builder said, got the CDC approval today

Hopefully will be beginning soon. Wish me luck.

Thanks and best regards
Rb
rubabshome
Hi All,

I'm building a two story in One minto in front of the Children's Community park. Land was purchased from Stage 10a. Building with Meridian Homes and the builder said, got the CDC approval today

Hopefully will be beginning soon. Wish me luck.

Thanks and best regards
Rb

Congrats Rubashome. I will go to the park on the weekend with kids and see if the work on your lot is started or not. I saw few weeks back and 2 lots had Rawson homes fence. That is a perfect place with great views of park and Minto in front. Good luck with your construction.
Gaggy
rubabshome
Congrats Rubashome. I will go to the park on the weekend with kids and see if the work on your lot is started or not. I saw few weeks back and 2 lots had Rawson homes fence. That is a perfect place with great views of park and Minto in front. Good luck with your construction.

Thanks very much Gaggy
That's great news, Gaggy! Is it with Council at the moment, or has it already progressed from Council to Land Titles? With any luck you can settle before the Christmas / New Year break.

Welcome to the neighbourhood, Rubabshome. Congratulations on the CDC approval - it all happens quite quickly from here (hopefully this is the case for you, as it was for us). Do you know how long until you're on site? We are also building in Stage 10A.
Hello all,

I've got my first rate notice from the Campbelltown council. The rate is calculated for the 1 July 2014 - 30 June 2015 period.

I have my doubts whether I should to pay it in full as we've settled on the land late July. Isn't it supposed to be adjusted taking into account the settlement date? What are your experiences with this guys?

Trying to clarify this with my conveyancer. Still haven't got her response.
Hi everyone, this is Shaheen... My plot is in stage 12, Pendergast Ave, Minto... building with Rawson Homes... Do you have any information when stage 12 is going to be registered/settled? I got the info from Landcom solicitor that it's currently with land titles... But no concrete timeline on registration date... Any idea?
JandJ_OneMinto
That's great news, Gaggy! Is it with Council at the moment, or has it already progressed from Council to Land Titles? With any luck you can settle before the Christmas / New Year break.

Welcome to the neighbourhood, Rubabshome. Congratulations on the CDC approval - it all happens quite quickly from here (hopefully this is the case for you, as it was for us). Do you know how long until you're on site? We are also building in Stage 10A.

Hi J&J,
I dont know where it is as you are aware of the transparency of Landcom with this. But we were told they applied for Land titles on first week of Nov. So fingers crossed for December settlement.
EugeneD
Hello all,

I've got my first rate notice from the Campbelltown council. The rate is calculated for the 1 July 2014 - 30 June 2015 period.

I have my doubts whether I should to pay it in full as we've settled on the land late July. Isn't it supposed to be adjusted taking into account the settlement date? What are your experiences with this guys?

Trying to clarify this with my conveyancer. Still haven't got her response.

Try calling the council and talk to them directly. I hope other users will have the same situation and might be able to help you.
Related
24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum