Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dale Alcock in the Perth Hills...a few more pics...

Page 19 of 32
I've seen grout done in light grey and I think that looks really lovely too
Haha I saw the first photo and thought, hmmm not sure. Second photo much better. Looks great.
The tiling is nearly finished. Grouting is being done today. I'm sure the tiler hates me as I'm there almost everyday checking everything. Although I think I have saved him some work as I discovered the subway problem before it got too far along. On top of that, they missed bricking up the ledge in the ensuite shower which I discovered before they started tiling, and he didn't mitre the skirting corners in the laundry which I asked him to re do. It's work which would have needed to be fixed so I figure I've saved him from having to come back after PCI. I saw our SS today and told her that I went straight to the tiler with the corrections and she was cool with that. A lot more efficient I think!!

Anyway, there were lots of cars/utes there today which as you all know is very exciting! Tiler was there grouting. Electricians were putting on the power points plates and light switches. SS was there with a concrete guy sorting out how they are going to smooth out the pad. It was poured during the rain so its quite loose and dusty. My wood flooring guy said it needs to be ground back before he is comfortable putting on direct stick solid wood.

So, I figure most of the stuff left to do is a lot of one day jobs, ie plumbing fixtures, garage doors, aircon, screens and mirrors, sliders etc. However, they still need to drop our big doors into the slab and they still need to fix up that cornice and wall which are both big jobs. On top of that, there is still all the internal painting of doors and walls to be done, as well as the painting of the outside eaves, posts and small rendered bits. Not sure how long it takes to paint a house. Still hoping for PCI by the 11th October but not sure if it will happen. Fingers crossed everyone!!
How exciting! Where are the pics?
Ill try and sneak in this arvo and take some. Have been waiting for the tiling to be finished.
Well, they have started to fix the funny corner and cornice. Had to add and extra row of bricks in our WIR so they could shave these ones of.

[URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/morganwessels/media/image-77.jpg.html]
[/URL
Photo update

Ensuite

[/URL
[URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/morganwessels/media/image-79.jpg.html]

Main bathroom

Laundry/mud room

Kitchen

I wish they had put this power point closer to the end

Powder room

Internal doors with primer on

Robes in minor bedrooms. Was expecting one shelf and rail and got this in all of them. We are ok with it now as we have small children so they don't really have much to hang. Might have to rip them out when they are older
[/URL

Strange power points. They look like they sit off the wall as their backing goes inwards. Does anyone else have these?
[URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/morganwessels/media/image-81.jpg.html]

The infamous doors which have caused us nothing but trouble. They are lovely and big but I wonder whether they were worth all the trouble and cost

I hope that's enough pics to keep you going.

Plumber is there today so hopefully connecting everything. He is using an internal power point so I'm assuming we have power through the house now. Although I tried turning on the down lights and they don't seem to work?

One more point, my SS has been great so far. She has certainly made any hiccups a lot more easier to deal with. I have her mobile no and she is completely ok with me calling her directly with any issues I have. Makes a big difference!
Looking fabulous! I love the darker floor tiles with the white wall tiles and your internal doors are really lovely too. It's all coming together so nicely!
Interesting they did no hanging in the wardrobes. It's all coming together nicely
The kitchen is looking gorgeous and when you are sitting enjoying the view / got those doors open in summer you won't remember the dramas you has with them
Coming along nicely TW! Looking forward to progress shots!
Coming along very nicely, love the tiles in the bathroom.
Looks amazing! Love your laundry. After seeing yours I'm definitely changing my sliding door to one like yours.

Love the white tiles in your bathroom too.
Looking wonderful Tracy. I really like the brick pattern on your subway tiles, so much better than the first way the I'd it. We had a similar issue with our benchtop join as well and got the same bs response. Honestly they really don't think about hoe practical or nices things look most of the time. Very frustrating
Looking great, won't be long til your in now.
Thanks everyone. I know our decor choices are a bit boring but we wanted something very plain and neutral. I'm now doubting my choices but too late now I guess.

One thing which both my DH and I hate is the basin for the powder room. The pedestal doesn't sit against the wall and you can see the plumbing. The main waste pipe still hasn't been fitted and that will be visible too. I'm going to speak to the SS about it and see if there is anything to be done. Otherwise we will have to replace t after handover with an all in one slimline cabinet and basin. I think if it were against the wall near the window it wouldn't be so bad. But because its side on it looks terrible. It's too big too (husbands fault, I wanted the smaller version!!)

And back to our shutters vs blinds debate, we are just going to kiss the budget goodbye and go for the shutters. They will keep out more light and be easier to clean. I know they are a fashion thing at the moment but both me and my DH aren't too fashionable so it won't bother us in a few years if they go out of fashion. They will be there until they fall apart, hopefully not for another 20 or so years!!!
Hey you don't need to justify your choice to us
. They will look really nice!
I love it - and I don't think shutters will date with your other choices anyway. Nothing looks movers than subway tiles and shutters!!
I think you colour choices are 'classic' not boring I don't mind the basin in the powder room looks wise but the plumbing and not being flush against the wall would drive me crazy re a dust trap
I don't think will date either

Sink would drive me nuts too. I agree if was under window would be so bad.
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum