Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CiNnY's build with Henley- Backyard pics 31/1/11

Page 19 of 21
Looks great!!
Looks fantastic Cinny!!! Love it
Looks great Cinny!
Well it has been a little while but the front yard is now complete minus about 5 plants under front windows.... all merbau has been stained.... Also sick of looking at redishades so went and bought some plain mocha rollers from spotlight for the minor bedrooms and am waiting on a quote for romans for the main rooms..... Also waiting for quotes on outdoor area/alfresco to be built! If its cheap enough we will pay someone else to do it otherwise more working bees lol....

Pics (excuse blurriness its windy out there)

Front:

Blinds:

You've done a great job on the landscaping. I really like your front decking - it looks fab! I drove past your place recently when I was stalking our block. I often drive through your estate, which is the back way to The Ridge, where our block is. Your house & front yard look great. All those working bees have paid off!!!
Rowena
::
You've done a great job on the landscaping. I really like your front decking - it looks fab! I drove past your place recently when I was stalking our block. I often drive through your estate, which is the back way to The Ridge, where our block is. Your house & front yard look great. All those working bees have paid off!!!

Thanks Rowena... where abouts in the Ridge are you... I may have to start stalking your block lol.....
CiNnY
Rowena

Thanks Rowena... where abouts in the Ridge are you... I may have to start stalking your block lol.....

Main drag into the estate across from the park! Wouldn't waste your time stalking our block as absolutely nothing is happening and I'm beginning to really wonder whether we will ever get a house. (enormous sigh...) At the moment, I'm really enjoying watching other people's builds and learning so much. I find it easy to get excited at other people's progress!
Rowena
CiNnY
Rowena

Main drag into the estate across from the park! Wouldn't waste your time stalking our block as absolutely nothing is happening and I'm beginning to really wonder whether we will ever get a house. (enormous sigh...) At the moment, I'm really enjoying watching other people's builds and learning so much. I find it easy to get excited at other people's progress!

I'm sure you will get there.... That means I walk past your block every night pretty much!
WOW it looks fantastic
everything goes together so well.
What sort of alfresco roof are you looking at having?
Hels
WOW it looks fantastic
everything goes together so well.
What sort of alfresco roof are you looking at having?

Just a full flat colourbond roof in monument to match the house.... plans to maybe later plaster it in and put down lights in......
Wow, it all looks so finished ...like you've been there for years!

I know exactly how you feel about just paying someone to do the back - it's satisfying doing the work yourself, but it takes FOREVER.
kek
Wow, it all looks so finished ...like you've been there for years!

I know exactly how you feel about just paying someone to do the back - it's satisfying doing the work yourself, but it takes FOREVER.

We had a ball and some time where i wanted to give up whilst doing the front and yes it is very satisfying... but the back there is going to be enough to do anyway... without doing the pergola..... i do feel like we are *** getting quotes but at the end of the day it is all coming down to time... which I am back at work full time as of tomorrow and DP work 6-7 days a week!
Have I given you the details of the company who built our roof/sunroom? or let me know if you want them
Hels
Have I given you the details of the company who built our roof/sunroom? or let me know if you want them

No you haven't Hels! Send them through... am waiting for 2 companies to get back to me!
The front yard looks awesome!!

That blind looks great!! Gee I wish I had 'standard' windows!
Everything looks great! You must be proud of having done it yourself. And, it's not a bad thing to get someone to finish it up for you. Your time is worth a lot too.

Judie
lisanne
The front yard looks awesome!!

That blind looks great!! Gee I wish I had 'standard' windows!

They are all in now... too lazy to go take pics of the rest as I have just vaccummed and mopped the whole house! Ours aren't really standard DP had to cut them down to fit by about 40mm each!

Can't wait for the grass to get green again as the heat on the weekend has browned it off.... hopefully some TLC and not so many hot days once the roots take it will look better!

Thanks Judie!
HI Cinny,

You guys have done an awesome job! I noticed you have the letterbox I've just discovered and really, really want! Do you buy them or have to make them? If you buy them, what is the cost and where can I get one?

Congrats again on such a gorgeous looking house!!!
Poochie
HI Cinny,

You guys have done an awesome job! I noticed you have the letterbox I've just discovered and really, really want! Do you buy them or have to make them? If you buy them, what is the cost and where can I get one?

Congrats again on such a gorgeous looking house!!!

We made the letterbox... only ones you can buy are the flat ones with the same insert.... Guy round the corner obviously liked ours its exactly the same except one piece shorter than ours!
Thanks Cinny. I will look into it. I think it is unique and goes well with your facade.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your landscaping adventure!!
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum