Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sahara Q1 - happy ever after

Page 180 of 188
Planning to do the same thing Mirz.

Did you place the spilt system is the kitchen/living area?
Our split is installed in garage.

If you see our garage you won't believe it is garage. I once forgot too, lol.
Now I remember, its for wifey's home office.

Hey Mirz,

When you had your PCI meeting, did you raise any concerns regarding the tiling (floor and wall tiles)?
Yes, we had few issues with tiles alignment on wall above bath hob. and also in powder room feature tiles.
Work on front retaining wall nearly completed.

I'm covering it with merbau planks.

That's looking really good, @mirz, can't wait to see it stained...

What colour are you bricks? My wife wants darker than the Hawksburn we had decided on earlier...

mirz
Yes, we had few issues with tiles alignment on wall above bath hob. and also in powder room feature tiles.

Thanks, the alignment of our tiles seem fine, issue is evenness of the floor tiles in bathroom.
Drew01
That's looking really good, @mirz, can't wait to see it stained...

What colour are you bricks? My wife wants darker than the Hawksburn we had decided on earlier...

Thanks Drew
our bricks are homestead tan.
MichaelQ

Thanks, the alignment of our tiles seem fine, issue is evenness of the floor tiles in bathroom.

better ask them to bring in another better tiler. This tiler will keep on trying and will make it worst.

it happened to us too, and we gave up after a certain tries.
yeah like you said, when they remove the tiles, the surface is no longer level which makes the job more challenging.
Sounds a bit like Russian roulette.
they had to remove gluey stuff under the tiles. they will re-tile, will end up with either leveling wrong or uneven corners, or even gaps between the tiles.

we been through this and regretted, should have stayed with initial less mess.

unless you would be very lucky to have some great tiler to turn up at your site, odds wont be very promising.
Merbau planks started on retaining wall in backyard.

Before:

After:

Still long way to go. but initial work is looking promising and encouraging enough to keep on going for next few weekends.
That's going to look awesome once it's finished.
Looking shmick Mirz !! Gotta say you have alot of patience

Mate I will probably need to revisit a few pages to when you got your backyard done but I've got a quick question - did you install sprinklers at the time or have plans to do in the near future ??

Well done Mr Landscaper! I should be paying you to do our backyard. You have skills

Hi Mirz, the backyard looks great. I think you had a great idea by putting the planks in front of the sleepers. Never would have thought of that.
Just one question, we have our colour appointment next wednesday, and we got a call from the admin wanting to book us into tender for the following week.
Is that enough time for Henley to get everything ready for tender?
How long was it between your colour appointment and tender? Or anyone else.
Thanks.

darrenedwards
Hi Mirz, the backyard looks great. I think you had a great idea by putting the planks in front of the sleepers. Never would have thought of that.
Just one question, we have our colour appointment next wednesday, and we got a call from the admin wanting to book us into tender for the following week.
Thanks.

I had a one week between colour appointment and the Tender. That was enough I have add and remove stuff on the day of Tender

good luck
darrenedwards
Thanks.

Thanks Darren. That should be a problem. It's good for you indeed.

Worst case scenario, if they will make mistakes, they will have to fix them.

Just remind you admin to email you a copy of tender document at least a day in advance. This will give you time to go through and double triple check, selected colours, material, and changes.

Good luck with upcoming appointments
jillybug
Well done Mr Landscaper! I should be paying you to do our backyard. You have skills

Thanks JB
long time no see. How's things at your end, hope all good with brand new house.
confused_fhb_2015
Looking shmick Mirz !! Gotta say you have alot of patience

Mate I will probably need to revisit a few pages to when you got your backyard done but I've got a quick question - did you install sprinklers at the time or have plans to do in the near future ??

Thanks confused, no sprinklers for us. Happy to hold hose and spray.

Long day lights are just making perfect timing to get into garden and get dirty
Related
11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum