Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 176 of 862
^^ Sorry, on an external wall.
Wateman

Even still, its still bull$hit, Eli has only just started also. Interesting.. I would continue to push...
humble
Wateman

Even still, its still bull$hit, Eli has only just started also. Interesting.. I would continue to push...

+ 2 (Leanne & Rups)

I would keep pushing too. They can't change the rules when they feel like it, thats not fair at all. This decision completely changes 2 rooms for you. Have you asked Ebony to look into it?
NEW DISPLAY OPENING!

This Saturday, 22nd October, Porter Davis will be opening a new display centre at Casiana Grove, Red Maple Drive (off Cranbourne-Frankston Road), Cranbourne (Melway Map 133 B7) from 11am to 5pm. There will be nine new and beautiful homes on display from the Access, Lifestyle and Prestige ranges, which you can explore whilst enjoying free family fun day activities.

Home designs include the:
• Regatta 23, Cannonvale 21 and Parkville 23 from our Access range
• Foxley 29, and brand new to the Lifestyle range, the double storey Rochford 40 and single storey Berkley 27.
• Dunhill 33, Ivanhoe 33 and the first Waldorf 43 on display from our Prestige range.

Not only will you experience the latest in new home design, each home will also showcase a new World of Style, including French Industrial Country, London, Koh Samui – Thailand, Soho – New York and Manhattan. New façade designs will also be available across all three ranges.

Enjoy complimentary gourmet wood fired pizzas, hot dutch pancakes, face painting and live music at our family fun day from 12pm – 3pm. Visitors can also go into the running to win a new DeLonghi Nespresso coffee machine, Healesville Sanctuary Voucher or Village cinema family pass.

Full display centre details will be available on our website this Friday afternoon.
The only option they have given us is to allow us to change to the 4 bedroom house. They said we would have to pay $500 for making a change, and the full price for the 4th bedroom (there should be a discount of roughly $1000 as we already have the alfresco but that was not mentioned).
We are considering it, against our better judgement but don't know if we should be entitled to at least waiving the $500 fee as it is their fault we didn't do this from day one.

Also how do PCVs work? If they increase the cost of the build do we need to fork this out in cash? Or can it be worked into the value of the loan?
The cost associated with the PCV is made at the final payment. I don't think you can put that money in your loan as the mortgage is drawn up against the building contract alone.
Rups
The cost associated with the PCV is made at the final payment. I don't think you can put that money in your loan as the mortgage is drawn up against the building contract alone.

This is also correct.. any extra's will need to be covered by yourself.. at the final payment. For us its $1200..
Our slab has been down since Thursday last week, is it unusual to have not received the invoice yet?? Are there little extra things that I am unaware of that are part of the base stage? Not that I'm complaining about not paying it yet..
Lucky you.....we got invoiced the day after the slab was poured (last Tuesday). As far as I know once the concrete is poured they usually invoice immediately.
Team PD
All your interior design questions answered!

Building your first home can be a rewarding process, but it can also be a daunting one. With so many options available, where does one begin? Not only do you need to consider the skills and reputation of your builder, but you also want to make sure you can access the latest in design, technology and materials, all while staying on budget. Finding the right style to suit your individual needs – be it for a stylish terrace or a sprawling family home – will ensure that your home not only looks great, but is the favourite destination for the whole family.

With so much freedom now to shape the design of a new home, each room in your new house can be fitted exactly to your needs. When choosing the interior of your new home, consider how each room will be used. The function of the room should help you shape how it looks – if you have a young family for instance, keeping a room spacious, simple and easy to clean will be important. Considerations like light, colour, finishes and even doors are all part of designing a home personalised to your needs. And having an experienced interior designer on hand for advice can help you get the most out of your home design.

This month, HomeOne is giving you the opportunity to have all your interior design questions answered by a qualified interior designer right here on the forum. Catherine Valente is Senior Interior Designer at Porter Davis Homes, and brings with her a wealth of knowledge, experience and inspiration drawn from her time working for one of Australia’s most awarded home builders.

Starting her career as visual merchandiser and stylist, Catherine’s experience has helped her define a keen eye for style and detail. Running a successful interior design business for eight years, she bolstered her experience in the area of domestic building, property styling and multi-dwelling projects. Catherine then went on to work for Laminex, where she consulted to builders, designers, architects and even cabinet makers on styles and trends in the home.

Catherine’s passion for beautiful home design has positioned her as one of Australia’s leading interior designers. She’ll be joining the HomeOne forums for the next three weeks to share her knowledge and passion for creating beautiful interiors. Join us to hear Catherine’s tips, techniques and inspirations for creating the perfect home.

Don’t miss your chance to have your interior design questions answered!

You can submit your questions to http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51815&p=792236#p792236 and Catherine will reply each week, posting her responses on that thread. We’ll be reviewing questions each Friday before sending Catherine responses.

So great to see some good questions coming through, if you have any questions for Catherine go on and post them up! Her answers and suggestions will be posted up Friday.
Cheers, Ebony
Wateman

Today I get an email explaining that they asked the construction manager, and while he was understanding of our situation, we still can't have the niches. Blah blah blah have a nice day.

They think that this makes everything better? I had proof that they can do it (thanks Eli). They said that since a meeting one year ago they no longer do them at all, period. Great.

Hi Wateman,

Sorry to hear. It depends on how much strength you got to keep pushing the matter. I know it will do you head in, but you will always hate the fact that you don't have the niche everytime you go into your bathroom. I don't know about their meeting 1 year ago, but I signed my contract on 29 June 2011 and they were still doing niches. It tooks us a lot of pushing to get that niche on the external wall but we did and there is nothing to it. All they need to do is just build the wood frame out on the external wall. I don't know what their problem is. One minute it can't be done because it's on an external wall. Now that I gave you proof that it can be done their next reply was oh we had a meeting one year ago and decided not to do niches. PIGS A***. Tell them a kid could build the frame out that is how simple it is to do and the worker could knock it up in no time.

TEAM PD WROTE: All your interior design questions answered!

Building your first home can be a rewarding process, but it can also be a daunting one. With so many options available, where does one begin? Not only do you need to consider the skills and reputation of your builder, but you also want to make sure you can access the latest in design, technology and materials, all while staying on budget. Finding the right style to suit your individual needs – be it for a stylish terrace or a sprawling family home – will ensure that your home not only looks great, but is the favourite destination for the whole family.

With so much freedom now to shape the design of a new home, each room in your new house can be fitted exactly to your needs.

Helloooooo, Team PD is saying one thing that you can get what you want but Wateman is told their not getting it.

This start of my niche frame front view

side view close up. See how the frame comes out to make the niche cavity.

side view.

and presto!!!! fully finished framed out niche on an external wall.
Thanks Eli,

I really appreciate your above post. The pictures are great, and I agree - they contradict themselves completely! I am assuming the statement Team PD have said should read -
"With so much freedom now to shape the design of a new home, each room in your new house can be fitted exactly to your needs, unless you are building from the Access range."

According to PD - 'Porter Davis Access, Lifestyle & Prestige are managed as independent companies. Although there are certain processes relating to the finance etc we all must abide, the Directors have given flexibility to our Regional Managers to run each company as needed. As niches on external walls were causing issues with maintenance, leaks, waterproofing & tiles it was agreed in the Access Management meeting that no more niche requests, with a shower on external wall, will be accepted.

As Lifestyle & Prestige designs are larger and marketed towards the 2nd/3rd/4th home buyer, their designs allow more room for structural changes such as niches. The standard inclusions are quite different per Porter Davis Brand, Lifestyle & Prestige home can accommodate a double stud wall."

To be honest, I can understand that, but I think they should be more clear, especially at the beginning with Access customers, in telling them they do not have the flexibility of the other homes.
Wateman
Thanks Eli,

I really appreciate your above post. The pictures are great, and I agree - they contradict themselves completely! I am assuming the statement Team PD have said should read -
"With so much freedom now to shape the design of a new home, each room in your new house can be fitted exactly to your needs, unless you are building from the Access range."

According to PD - 'Porter Davis Access, Lifestyle & Prestige are managed as independent companies. Although there are certain processes relating to the finance etc we all must abide, the Directors have given flexibility to our Regional Managers to run each company as needed. As niches on external walls were causing issues with maintenance, leaks, waterproofing & tiles it was agreed in the Access Management meeting that no more niche requests, with a shower on external wall, will be accepted.

As Lifestyle & Prestige designs are larger and marketed towards the 2nd/3rd/4th home buyer, their designs allow more room for structural changes such as niches. The standard inclusions are quite different per Porter Davis Brand, Lifestyle & Prestige home can accommodate a double stud wall."

To be honest, I can understand that, but I think they should be more clear, especially at the beginning with Access customers, in telling them they do not have the flexibility of the other homes.

I can't understand it either. OMG.....You only want 90mm to create the niche. It's not a major change. If there are going to be maintenance problems, leakes and waterproofing issues I would believe this would be the case for all PD homes having niches on external walls not just the Access range. As my home isn't finished I can't tell you of these issues and I would be peeved if it happens to us, because we weren't told that there is a potential for it to happen.

I did some googling and cames across this. What about a vertical niche similar to this. Can they do it on the internal wall or external wall positioned this way. It's on the same wall as the taps. ????????

Hi guys,

Bit of good news... we've settled on our land!!

Now PD - ball is in your court... let's get cracking!

Hopefully we'll have heaps of pics and blog posts on the way!
Rups
Hi guys,

Congrats!

Bit of a coincidence - our land settled today too - at 2:30pm. Just had the phone call confirming it all went smoothly 10 minutes ago!
Rups
Hi guys,

Congrats guys... come one PD start building their house.

Hope you guys have a good building experience. Remember get in contact with your SS before site scrape, it’s important that he has the correct plans from the start.

I reckon by December you will have your house plastered, by March 2012 you will be moving in.
Gee T, that's pretty ambitious! My money is on a slab by Christmas. Leanne reckons we'll be framed... I'm happy with any progress after watching our patch of dirt grow grass for the last 8 months.

Congratulations Wateman...!! Best of luck. I'm sure you'll sort out your niche issue. Great help from eli-kay123
Rups when are you looking to start construction?

Waterman.... the louder you shout the more you get heard.... Demand to speak to management, if they tell you that they are to busy then set an appointment time for you to go into their office for a meeting. If they don’t want to meet then they don’t deserve your money.
tstr1a

Waterman.... the louder you shout the more you get heard.... Demand to speak to management, if they tell you that they are to busy then set an appointment time for you to go into their office for a meeting. If they don’t want to meet then they don’t deserve your money.

Seriously this.. its laughable to be honest. There is a way. Access/Lifestyle/Prestige, regardless, the floor plans are just that, the difference in the seperation of the PD houses is mainly inclusions anyhoo.

I would be filthy..

In other news, waiting for the wife to go look, we should have kitchen benches!
tstr1a

Hopefully see a site scrape by this time next month. We still have to get our building permit, and sign off on Construction Drawings. It looks like a second soil test was done recently as well.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum