Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Allcastle Homes Grandworth 45 MK2

Page 18 of 19
Homedai
AKbee
Hydraulics is separate to tender and contract. Mine came after.

My site costs are $50K.

Am on tight budget too....need to win lotto....

Wow that is a lot, I think you can negotiate it down a bit. How much ur hydraulic draw and cost to finish?

Yeah we all need to win lottos - too stressful

I was pretty much advised that site costs are non negotiable.

Hydraulics is $20K through the AC contact. Though they have yet to finalise the sum because they missed a component in my quote.

20k for hydraulics. Jebus
Bao Nguyen
20k for hydraulics. Jebus

AKbee,
20k for hydraulic that too expensive

Everything is negotiable. I Don’t believe all they said

I still wait for my hydraulic report to come out.

Just wondering do u pay for traffics control
Even on a quiet street?
I have to pay for trafic control. But im on a busy road
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been to the ACH internal selections recently and wouldn't mind sharing some pics/info? Keen to see the included tile range from Beautiful tiles. Their website is hopeless. I went to the selection studio last May and saw some tiles but I was told they will be changing the range. We have signed to up to build a modified Grandworth 42.5 at Baulkham hills and heading to the external colour appointment later this week.

Thanks,
Cynthia

My blog: https://ncgrandworth45.blogspot.com/
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been to the ACH internal selections recently and wouldn't mind sharing some pics/info? Keen to see the included tile range from Beautiful tiles. Their website is hopeless. I went to the selection studio last May and saw some tiles but I was told they will be changing the range. We have signed to up to build a modified Grandworth 42.5 at Baulkham hills and heading to the external colour appointment later this week.

Thanks,
Cynthia

CYNNAV
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Cynthia

ACH internal colour choices are quite ordinary, and as far as i can tell any upgrades will cos u full price plus builder margin. Not sure if u are getting anything back from the item ur upgrading from. I chose to upgrade what cannot be changed after and keep what can be replaced at a later date.
As far as beautiful tiles, ive also seen their showroom. Basic range isnt bad, but ive read too many bad reports about this supplier. Im also keen to use a different supplier
Bao Nguyen
CYNNAV
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Cynthia

ACH internal colour choices are quite ordinary, and as far as i can tell any upgrades will cos u full price plus builder margin. Not sure if u are getting anything back from the item ur upgrading from. I chose to upgrade what cannot be changed after and keep what can be replaced at a later date.
As far as beautiful tiles, ive also seen their showroom. Basic range isnt bad, but ive read too many bad reports about this supplier. Im also keen to use a different supplier

Oh ok. Do you have any pictures of the included tile range?
CYNNAV
Bao Nguyen
CYNNAV
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Cynthia

Oh ok. Do you have any pictures of the included tile range?

I dont sorry
AKbee
Hey guys, I am still at early stage, arranging for demolition.
I was told at AC Colour Appointment that AC tiles are with Beaumont Tiles....but it seems like a lot of posts here says its Beautiful Tiles?

We built last year moved in May and they used Beaumont then
Can anyone please share some input and experience about the internal color selection process?

What options are available?

What do you recommend to upgrade?

We are particularly interested about the range of their tile selection.
We are about to sign the HIA contract.

What clauses can be negotiated?

Any suggestion?
My advice is have a look at the sample they sent u, make a list of things u want upgraded, if possible find out the cost to upgrade them after handover.
Also consider what can be changed post handover, such as handle and taps, and things that cant be changed easily such as cupboard colours which is costly to upgrade later but relatively cheap to upgrade now
Thank you, what kind of sample would they send?

I were told everything will be decided on the internal selection day.
Didnt they send u a colour pack?
[quote="Bao Nguyen"]Di

The color pack is for external section and we have done it last year.

The internal color section is coming soon and we are not sure what to prepare for......
Thats weird, our colour pack had the internals as well
shirleyhelj
Bao Nguyen
Di

The color pack is for external section and we have done it last year.

The internal color section is coming soon and we are not sure what to prepare for......

I don’t have the internal colour package either . For internal we added fly screens, roller blind, security doors, nbn etc and upgraded the toilets.

Electrical also added more things like downlights etc

With tiles we asked which company and they didn’t say. They just told they have a few company which we will know once the construction start
Hi all,

If anyone is interested, I've started a blog on our build and have documented our journey so far with ACH. Also, I have added a post on the colour studio with photos of the included range (bricks, tiles, etc). Below is the link:

https://ncgrandworth45.blogspot.com/
Thank you cyn, when is your internal color section meeting ?
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum