Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build with Summit Perth WA

Page 18 of 20
J272

I’m with CBA too. Hopefully you have it processed quickly too. The way the cheque works is that your broker or yourself can organise it to be done with CBA, then they message you confirmation of it being ready (all happed in one day, sent off the final invoice last Thursday). Then you can visit any CBA branch with your ID and they can write it up on the spot.

Awesome! I've been told my valuation will either be friday or tuesday so keys thursday isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.
Summitlovin
J272

I’m with CBA too. Hopefully you have it processed quickly too. The way the cheque works is that your broker or yourself can organise it to be done with CBA, then they message you confirmation of it being ready (all happed in one day, sent off the final invoice last Thursday). Then you can visit any CBA branch with your ID and they can write it up on the spot.

Awesome! I've been told my valuation will either be friday or tuesday so keys thursday isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Definitely possible!
J278
Summitlovin
J272

Definitely possible!

PCI done this morning. Unfortunately the flooring was still not in, even though the flooring guy had everything there to go yesterday he has decided that the floor isn't even enough...or something along those lines. The SS checked it and there is no issue so he rang yesterday to chase this but didn't get a call back. He has rung again today to chase the manager. I will call them myself and put my own rocket up them if it isn't sorted today. I've told the SS to advise them my valuation could be as early as tomorrow. So frustrating that this should've been done a week ago and it is still an outstanding issue AND i paid more for upgrading carpet. Carpet call's customer service is disgraceful.

In terms of the inspection nothing major was picked up. Just little things to be done. Biggest thing to be reviewed is my outside bricks, there are chips throughout them which a) is extremely obvious and ruins the look of the house & b) means by the BCA they are defective. I will be interested to see how Summit corrects this issue.
Gosh how frustrating!

My parents had a similar issue with their flooring, although they were doing theirs after handover. Flooring guy said it wasn't even enough and he 'knew a guy' - they ended up forking out $400 so it didn't hold up them moving in. Wonder if it's a common thing with flooring??
nicolac34
Gosh how frustrating!

My parents had a similar issue with their flooring, although they were doing theirs after handover. Flooring guy said it wasn't even enough and he 'knew a guy' - they ended up forking out $400 so it didn't hold up them moving in. Wonder if it's a common thing with flooring??

From what i understand there is some leeway...i can't remember the exact amount but it was at least a few mm if not more. The carpet call employee has marked out where the flooring is supposedly not suitable. My site supervisor says they are just trying to get more money out of Summit as he has put the level down to see it himself. At this point, this still should've been done a week ago, so they need to pull their finger out. But with some flooring, yes the slab does have to be pretty much even.

I wonder how many times the flooring companies just do it to get more money. At this point, they should be giving me a refund for their crap service haha!
They should!

Maybe I'll get our flooring people to come around before we get the keys and check the levels, last thing I want is them showing up after we've got keys and telling us it's not suitable.
nicolac34
They should!

Maybe I'll get our flooring people to come around before we get the keys and check the levels, last thing I want is them showing up after we've got keys and telling us it's not suitable.

Could be a good idea...or make sure they have the stock in advance as well. I have a friend who had her flooring delayed by a week due to customs!
Summitlovin
nicolac34
They should!

Could be a good idea...or make sure they have the stock in advance as well. I have a friend who had her flooring delayed by a week due to customs!

So the flooring is booked for tomorrow and Saturday. Fingers crossed it happens. We’ve had to push back the painter to allow this to happen on Saturday. I’ll go out tomorrow before work and check something is happening!
It seems like the last two weeks are the most stressful as is difficult getting everything to come together. You are almost there!!
J278
It seems like the last two weeks are the most stressful as is difficult getting everything to come together. You are almost there!!

Couldn’t agree more! You’d think it would be the least stressful part of the build hahaha.

Flooring started. Carpet Call are going to get senior management to call me. The laminate should've been finished yesterday but was only 98% done due to some sort of slab thickness issue, The carpet should've been done today but at 11am nobody was there working. I'll be making sure i get my upgrade money back and they will be making sure this is finished before Wednesday. My crossover is done as well. This leaves only lights, solar panels & security doors/gate to be done when i get keys!
Summitlovin

Flooring started. Carpet Call are going to get senior management to call me. The laminate should've been finished yesterday but was only 98% done due to some sort of slab thickness issue, The carpet should've been done today but at 11am nobody was there working. I'll be making sure i get my upgrade money back and they will be making sure this is finished before Wednesday. My crossover is done as well. This leaves only lights, solar panels & security doors/gate to be done when i get keys!

That’s so frustrating about the flooring, your SS must be really frustrated as well, I hope that you get some sort of discount with the flooring issues have you had your valuation yet?
vanessah2015
Summitlovin

That’s so frustrating about the flooring, your SS must be really frustrated as well, I hope that you get some sort of discount with the flooring issues have you had your valuation yet?

Yep, we are both definitely over it. He’s rung them twice and now it’s my turn to tell them exactly what I think. Not yet, the bank ordered the final inspection on Friday morning so I assume this will be done either late Tuesday or on Wednesday. I’ll be cutting it close for keys Friday but I think the bank cheque choice will help this fall in my favour
Surprisingly the carpet was done late yesterday arvo! Just a tiny bit of laminate to do then that is the house done in terms of my contract inclusions with Summit. They've already started on the PCI list and i am sure this will continue in the next week. Anyone thinking about getting landscaping quotes and wanting a job well done look up BSE Landscaping on facebook.

Crossover organised by BSE Landscaping.

Carpet
Oh so close!! Bet you can’t wait to get your keys!

tinkster
Oh so close!! Bet you can’t wait to get your keys!

I can't now that everything is done! Feels real now
Has anyone had any experience or know of anyone who has had experience with bricks being chipped and in turn defected due to excessive cleaning or due care not being taken? This is some of the damage done to my bricks which my inspector picked up and to be honest, your eye is really drawn to the damage due to the brick choice.
It's hard not to look at the marks. What did the SS say during the inspection?
Limit_Point
It's hard not to look at the marks. What did the SS say during the inspection?

i brought it up a few days prior to PCI and it was somewhat brushed aside. The response was basically it's only this area to which i responded it wasn't. The inspector then confirmed at PCI that it is a defect if it is a direct result from the builders workmanship.
Summitlovin
Has anyone had any experience or know of anyone who has had experience with bricks being chipped and in turn defected due to excessive cleaning or due care not being taken? This is some of the damage done to my bricks which my inspector picked up and to be honest, your eye is really drawn to the damage due to the brick choice.

That really sucks, and it’s quite noticeable to
have summit said how they might fix it? I know we asked home group about changing our outside tap but they said it would be knocking out a brick and would be grey mortar and it would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum