Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Catalina 23 - Oran Park

Page 18 of 19
Hi tsarina

Nice to see more Oran Park Fowler owners! Wow the Crown is lovely. Which facade did you pick?
I won't be much help unfortunately, as we decided to most of our electrical after handover. My partner's brother is an electrician, so we only got what was standard in our package. Maybe one of the other ladies on this thread can help you.
tsarina
Hi Everyone,

We are building Crown 38 with Fowler Homes in Oran Park. We are at Electrical selection stage with Clipsal. Does anyone have any suggestion on Alarm and Security Camera System? Clipsal mentioned they offer NESS D8 for alarm system at $1,400 installed. We are not sure if we want to go ahead with the offer as we would like to take time to shop around (atm we know nothing about alarm system
) and maybe get it done after handover.

Is it a good idea to have Clipsal pre-wired the alarm? It's a two storey house.

We are getting 8 x security camera pre-wired with CAT6 cable linked to the terminal in the garage. If we would like to use our TVs as monitors for CCTV, do we need to get Clipsal to pre-wire HDMI cable from the terminal to our preferred TV points?
We got the alarm and intercom system through FH but hopefully wiring up a full camera system later with my husbands friend.

The intercom isnt too bad though.

Portofino38
tsarina
Hi Everyone,

We are building Crown 38 with Fowler Homes in Oran Park. We are at Electrical selection stage with Clipsal. Does anyone have any suggestion on Alarm and Security Camera System? Clipsal mentioned they offer NESS D8 for alarm system at $1,400 installed. We are not sure if we want to go ahead with the offer as we would like to take time to shop around (atm we know nothing about alarm system
) and maybe get it done after handover.

Is it a good idea to have Clipsal pre-wired the alarm? It's a two storey house.

We are getting 8 x security camera pre-wired with CAT6 cable linked to the terminal in the garage. If we would like to use our TVs as monitors for CCTV, do we need to get Clipsal to pre-wire HDMI cable from the terminal to our preferred TV points?

We got the alarm and intercom system through FH but hopefully wiring up a full camera system later with my husbands friend.

The intercom isnt too bad though.

That doesn't look bad at all. Thanks for the pics
Photo update from our walkthrough!
Colour of the pillars will be repainted to match the gutter (basalt) after handover. The grey is definitely showing more blue than we initially hoped for.
Nothing too major, needed to be done;
- but our alfresco door needs replacing. There is a dent in the frame... will probably get replaced after handover.
- A couple of rocks were felt under the carpet in the main bedroom. (has now been removed)
- Paint touchups. Brick cleaning.
- Tiny corner of one bedroom window exterior frame needs fixing as it looks like its peeling up.
- Spare wardrobe doors (pictured in the kitchen) that will be removed as they originally ordered the wrong doors.

SO SO SO happy with our bathroom!!! I really do love the white/black combination. And the black door has been re-stained! Super happy with the colour of it now. The black is showing within the grain, but its not something that bothers us too much. Still needs to be cleaned though.

Driveway got poured today. We'll go have a look on the weekend. The missing power points on the side of the island were still missing but we were advised that the electrician would be able to install them when he comes in to install the appliances. But... we've just been told that the mounting block for the powerpoint will block the dishwasher on one side and on the other will block the cutlery draw... I'm pretty annoyed they've only told us this now.

We have our next inspection due next Friday..

CW_L
Hi tsarina

Nice to see more Oran Park Fowler owners! Wow the Crown is lovely. Which facade did you pick?
I won't be much help unfortunately, as we decided to most of our electrical after handover. My partner's brother is an electrician, so we only got what was standard in our package. Maybe one of the other ladies on this thread can help you.

Hi CW_L

Thank you so much
We picked Nexus facade, not our favourite but not many facades available to Crown to choose from unfortunately. We will be doing a lot of electrical work after handover also, but we are trying to get things that we think will cost us more if to do post handover like wiring done now as we are building two storey house.

I have been checking on everyone's build on this forum and I get excited seeing updates on your builds

This journey hasn't been easy for us, happy to share our experiences if that help anyone.
tsarina
Hi CW_L

Thank you so much
We picked Nexus facade, not our favourite but not many facades available to Crown to choose from unfortunately. We will be doing a lot of electrical work after handover also, but we are trying to get things that we think will cost us more if to do post handover like wiring done now as we are building two storey house.

I have been checking on everyone's build on this forum and I get excited seeing updates on your builds

This journey hasn't been easy for us, happy to share our experiences if that help anyone.

Oohh, the Nexus is nice

I'd say electrical will be much easier to do now as you're in a 2 storey house compared to after handover. Any wiring that needs to be connected downstairs to up, would be cheaper to do now.

Thats good! I think we've all been very fortunate, and havent had too much trouble during the construction phase. We've all had ups and downs, but from what i can see, we havent has major structural issues.

The year prior to our construction starting was the most difficult part of our build. I have friends who have built and the paperwork was the easiest for them, where ours was a nightmare. I hope it'll only get easier for you now
CW_L
Colour of the pillars will be repainted to match the gutter (basalt) after handover. The grey is definitely showing more blue than we initially hoped for.
- but our alfresco door needs replacing. There is a dent in the frame... will probably get replaced after handover.
- A couple of rocks were felt under the carpet in the main bedroom. (has now been removed)
- Tiny corner of one bedroom window exterior frame needs fixing as it looks like its peeling up.
- Spare wardrobe doors (pictured in the kitchen) that will be removed as they originally ordered the wrong doors.

SO SO SO happy with our bathroom!!! I really do love the white/black combination. And the black door has been re-stained! Super happy with the colour of it now. The black is showing within the grain, but its not something that bothers us too much. Still needs to be cleaned though.

Driveway got poured today. We'll go have a look on the weekend. The missing power points on the side of the island were still missing but we were advised that the electrician would be able to install them when he comes in to install the appliances. But... we've just been told that the mounting block for the powerpoint will block the dishwasher on one side and on the other will block the cutlery draw... I'm pretty annoyed they've only told us this now.

White bathroom walls look really nice and bright. Very exciting, it's nearly there for you
tsarina
CW_L

White bathroom walls look really nice and bright. Very exciting, it's nearly there for you
Everythings coming along nicely!!

I kinda wish we had just gone through FH for tiles instead of doing it after handover.... the tilers have damaged some paint and the skirting boards so now weve had to hire a painter to come in and do some touch ups for us...

Luckily our Site Supervisor is amazing and has been giving us contacts of awesome tradies he knows!

Just a few pics of a few things...havent had a chance to take proper pictures but will post when everything is done!

CW_L
tsarina
Hi CW_L

Thank you so much

Oohh, the Nexus is nice

I'd say electrical will be much easier to do now as you're in a 2 storey house compared to after handover. Any wiring that needs to be connected downstairs to up, would be cheaper to do now.

Thats good! I think we've all been very fortunate, and havent had too much trouble during the construction phase. We've all had ups and downs, but from what i can see, we havent has major structural issues.

The year prior to our construction starting was the most difficult part of our build. I have friends who have built and the paperwork was the easiest for them, where ours was a nightmare. I hope it'll only get easier for you now

We hope things get better for us once we get to construction
Thank you so much
Portofino38

I kinda wish we had just gone through FH for tiles instead of doing it after handover.... the tilers have damaged some paint and the skirting boards so now weve had to hire a painter to come in and do some touch ups for us...

Luckily our Site Supervisor is amazing and has been giving us contacts of awesome tradies he knows!

Just a few pics of a few things...havent had a chance to take proper pictures but will post when everything is done!

Oh no, hopefully you wont be too much out of pocket because of it!

Everything looks great! love your choice of tiles! I wish our floor grout wasn't as noticeable. I would've loved a seamless look! Where did you get your lighting from! Love it!!
tsarina

Thank you so much! We really just wanted something that we wouldn't get tired of looking at, and white was a very simple and easy choice hahah. Thanks, we are very excited too! Spent the weekend packing and buying essentials haha
Portofino38
tsarina
CW_L

Look so good! Love the pendant light over stairs. Handrail and balustrade go together with window frame and pendant light. Very nice.

Tiles also look good, just another thing to get done with the painting

Do you have pic of your stairs please?
Portofino38
tsarina
CW_L

Your home is looking so lovely now, portofino!

That was my reason for doing tiling through FH!
We were originally going to it after handover amongst other things but in the end we just wanted to be in asap and i also preferred a seamless look with grout lines all lining up. I was quite anal about it actually lol.

I do love your choice of patio & main floor tiles, you chose really well!
I wish we went lighter with our outdoor & bathroom floor tiling. Oh well.

Had our 2nd walkthrough Friday afternoon. We are aiming for December 14th for our handover date! Woo!
CW_L
Had our 2nd walkthrough Friday afternoon. We are aiming for December 14th for our handover date! Woo!

Fingers crossed all goes ahead as planned CW_L!
How perfect if you can get in and settled for Christmas! Did you start packing straight away?

We've finally had some more progress after 3 weeks of nothing - and suddenly we have a house in 3D! Frame & windows in 3 days and then plumbing happening today. They're fast when they're on the ground!

I guess I just need to get my head around the idea that building stops and starts. It helps to remember that lots of folks, like yourself, are so close and maybe Fowler is pushing to get those jobs finished in time for Christmas.
Will be glad to have some more action on site after the holidays - and I bet you will be happy to be starting the New Year in your new home!
Frame up!
Newy-Jan
Frame up!

Newy-Jan
Newy-Jan
Frame up!

YAY! How exciting! How good is it to finally see your home come to life? It'll be more exciting once the brickwork and roof tiles are done. This stage of construction i found went by super fast! Hows the pool holding up?

Thank you! We still have a little more packing to do! haha~ It's going to be a busy week ahead. We are on track for handover this Friday. Were fortunate to get two weeks over Christmas, so we'll be spending most of our time unpacking and landscaping haha. Our SS asked if we wanted to get the keys on Thursday, but i've gone and taken the day off for Friday already.
CW_L
Newy-Jan
Newy-Jan
Frame up!

YAY! How exciting! How good is it to finally see your home come to life? It'll be more exciting once the brickwork and roof tiles are done. This stage of construction i found went by super fast! Hows the pool holding up?

Thank you! We still have a little more packing to do! haha~ It's going to be a busy week ahead. We are on track for handover this Friday. Were fortunate to get two weeks over Christmas, so we'll be spending most of our time unpacking and landscaping haha. Our SS asked if we wanted to get the keys on Thursday, but i've gone and taken the day off for Friday already.

Yep, it's the best feeling to see it all happening!!
Pool seems ok - though the real test will be when we open it up and clean it at the end 😨

It really is the craziest time of year to be packing up and moving, with everything else that goes on, but I'm sure it will feel amazing to be in!
Landscaping will be fun! Nice to finally have the chance to get stuck in to all those finishing touches 😁😁
Newy-Jan
Yep, it's the best feeling to see it all happening!!
Pool seems ok - though the real test will be when we open it up and clean it at the end 😨

It really is the craziest time of year to be packing up and moving, with everything else that goes on, but I'm sure it will feel amazing to be in!
Landscaping will be fun! Nice to finally have the chance to get stuck in to all those finishing touches 😁😁

Hahaha true! At least theres no water in there you need to clean!

Yes! It does feel overwhelming, but also really getting us into the Christmas spirit. Its the best gift. Really looking forward to getting our landscaping done over the next couple of weeks, just so at least the front of house looks decent! haha
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum