Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 23 - Coral Homes (Week 18: Flooring, Carpet....)

Page 18 of 20
StephLee
Dylandbrooke
Sorry its slow, Steph
BUT your tiling looks awesome! That brickbond is

- also love your shower niche!
Wishing we did that with ours now.... our one will fit my shampoo and conditioner and bodywash.... and thats about it

I’m glad it’s long but still only 7cm deep
some of my products are wider than that!

That must be normal size... ours is just as deep and my products will hang off the edge too! Dammit!!!
Tiling finished this week and painters have started!

Fitout will start late next week and we are expected to have PCI at end of May

Our overhang on our caesarstone bench is 3cm short of 30cm 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also still ongoing issues with wardrobe length being wrong, suppose to be 3500 however the sales consultant didn’t include the plasterboard so it has ended up at 3480 which won’t fit an IKEA pax. Our SS has been amazing helping us sort it and is looking into getting Coral to install the pax for us and they will shave the side panels down so it will fit!

We are now completely locked out and we haven’t seen our caesarstone, sinks or tiles in person because everything was covered today for painting
we only have the photos from the tiler..

Some photos:

It’s looking good... and pci isn’t too far away now. Seems they are speeding up for you!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Looks great so far! Definitely seems to be coming along quicker now
So much has happened now, you are almost there Steph. That subway tiling looks ammmazing. It all looks so clean and gorgeous

Glad to hear Coral plan to help out with that WIR situation
Thanks guys
can’t wait for it to be over! Finding it so hard to find furniture etc...

How much were your cornerless stacker screens? We are in the planning stages of building with coral. Your prices you put up have been so helpful. Thanks for doing that
Tash801
How much were your cornerless stacker screens? We are in the planning stages of building with coral. Your prices you put up have been so helpful. Thanks for doing that

Glad I could help
I had so many issues finding pricing when we started. Our cornerless stacker door fly screens were around $850 - however the did stuff up and add an extra screen which we added to the laundry at no cost

Great thanks so much. That doesn't sound too bad. I'm super scared of going over budget 😬
Tash801
Great thanks so much. That doesn't sound too bad. I'm super scared of going over budget

Good luck, we went so far over budget even with extensive research
🤦🏼‍♀️

Now in week 18! I am hating this whole being locked out thing! Our flooring is booked for Friday and carpets soon to follow.. PCI date is estimated at 29th May with handover about a week after (so far away!!!!)

Only photo I can get now
still haven’t seen my bathroom tiles completed..

They seem to have sped up now which is great! May 29 is not that far away, it will be here before you know it
Yay! These weeks will fly by, don’t worry, excited to see your bathroom and flooring photos
Week 19 starts tomorrow! Sorry have been so slack at updating my forum.. I have started using Instagram to document everything that’s been happening instead
for anyone interested it’s:

@CoastalResidence on Instagram

or Link: www.instagram.com/coastalresidence

Week 18 consisted of electrical fit out and flooring has started.. some photos below.. we are still not expecting PCI until end of May! The pendants are growing on me and the flooring looks so much darker in photos for some reason...

Still having issues with WIR length not being to contract and 2cm off fitting the IKEA pax.. meeting with construction manager tomorrow to find a solution 🤞🏻

Tip for anyone supplying your own electrical items.. take out the supplied switches from the boxes before giving to electrician so they are forced to use matching switches to the rest of the house
so glad we did this!!!

everything looks amazing stephlee - it's a very fresh interior. Looks like they are moving a good pace now
gr8ly
everything looks amazing stephlee - it's a very fresh interior. Looks like they are moving a good pace now

Thank you, I just wish time would hurry up
these last weeks have been so slow!

omg i can tell you about slow... they are still working on our cladding 4 weeks in, and still not done. You'll have a very beautiful home in the end. My friend's house has a very similar fitout to yours. I'll send you the Insta link.
gr8ly
omg i can tell you about slow... they are still working on our cladding 4 weeks in, and still not done. You'll have a very beautiful home in the end. My friend's house has a very similar fitout to yours. I'll send you the Insta link.

4 weeeeks! That’s ages

Would love to see

Followed you! Love the bath
and love love love the outdoor fan! I actually went "f*ck thats cool!" to myself haha

Can't wait to see what you have instore with styling it!
allblaqk
Followed you! Love the bath
and love love love the outdoor fan! I actually went "f*ck thats cool!" to myself haha

Can't wait to see what you have instore with styling it!

Haha thank you!!! Eeeek, the styling is stressing me out, who knew it would be so hard to choose furniture
🤦🏼‍♀️

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum