Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes - Marcoola - Pimpama

Page 18 of 25
Good luck putting it together!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
We have to go to IKEA for a spice rack. I'm contemplating just withdrawing cash and leaving my wallet at home to prevent me impulse buying

vonsta76

Haha I'm actually going to need that luck Von
it looks like an all day task to me

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
shortnstumpy
We have to go to IKEA for a spice rack. I'm contemplating just withdrawing cash and leaving my wallet at home to prevent me impulse buying

You sooooo totally need to take a little extra cash with you... you deserve to impulse spend. Building a house is tough, retail therapy at IKEA should be mandatory

Skyepie
vonsta76

it is if you keep at it. How many shells do you have?

vonsta76
Skyepie
vonsta76

We have 7 shells. Varying widths.
I actually like putting flat packs together BUT I can't leave stuff undone so i will be at it for 2 days if that's what it takes lol

Can't wait to see it put together ! I'll be the same working on it until it's done (with no help in case they don't do things exactly how I want)
and SnS you def deserve an IKEA spending spree

Is anyone pursuing their neighbours for 50% of the cost of fencing?

Skyepie
vonsta76
Skyepie
[quote="vonsta76"]Good luck putting it together!

We have 7 shells. Varying widths.
I actually like putting flat packs together BUT I can't leave stuff undone so i will be at it for 2 days if that's what it takes lol

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes[/quote]
It is actually very easy to put together by one person, i mean if it came to that. Me and other half started out on the furst one and took almist 3 hours, but the second was done in just under an hour. I did the last 4 by myself, in cluding moving thrm from the bedroom to the back where it needed to go, nailing the backs to the wall and the shelving.

Skyepie

My 2 side neighbours already had theirs up when I was midway and never came after me for 50%. When I put my rear fence up after I moved in, the rear neighbour still had an empty lot, so I didn't approach after it got done.

Probably depends how soon everyone else is also finished building ?

vonsta76
Skyepie

My 2 side neighbours already had theirs up when I was midway and never came after me for 50%. When I put my rear fence up after I moved in, the rear neighbour still had an empty lot, so I didn't approach after it got done.

I just found out that if you build the fence first the neighbour doesn't have to pay for it (because they didn't get a choice of builder and quotes) however if you give the neighbour the opportunity they rightfully have to pay half to have it constructed. We have a big fence on one side that isn't included in our Morgage.... it's 2k and it would be nice if the neighbour would chip in since it's theirs too. We have done the right thing and paid for half a retaining wall that wasn't retaining our land to be civil with the other neighbours.

Skyepie
vonsta76
Skyepie

I just found out that if you build the fence first the neighbour doesn't have to pay for it (because they didn't get a choice of builder and quotes) however if you give the neighbour the opportunity they rightfully have to pay half to have it constructed. We have a big fence on one side that isn't included in our Morgage.... it's 2k and it would be nice if the neighbour would chip in since it's theirs too. We have done the right thing and paid for half a retaining wall that wasn't retaining our land to be civil with the other neighbours.

This is true if the land next door to you is owned by someone. According to the law, you must approach your neighbour and give them a quote along with a legal form 'notice to contribute for fencing work'.

However, if the land is unowned, you are obviously not required to consult them on the fencing decision. Additionally you may request 50% of the cost from the future owner once they build a house on it using the above process. It all gets a bit confusing to be honest! Lol

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Thanks lovely
I hope we can actually get in contact with them

Well heeeeyyyy
just checked in and saw this baby installed

Paid our final payment, paint has been touched up, gas meter installed, now just waiting on stove installation, AC repair and clean. Not sure if we are still handing over this Friday.... SS hasn't made contact as yet. ??

How exciting!! Is that a mirrored splash back? I really want that in our house but am worried about keeping it clean! Can you let me know how you find it cleaning wise? Haha
It looks frikken awesome!!

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825 Coral - Marcoola 32
Looks amazing
so exciting

Skyepie

Well heeeeyyyy
just checked in and saw this baby installed

Paid our final payment, paint has been touched up, gas meter installed, now just waiting on stove installation, AC repair and clean. Not sure if we are still handing over this Friday.... SS hasn't made contact as yet. ??

Beautiful! 😉

Coral Homes Marcoola 30 Mod
viewtopic.php?t=85789
Oh Skye that splashback is stunning

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Beautiful!

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum