Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build with Fairmont Homes - Blakes Crossing South

Page 18 of 19
Thanks we are wrapt with it! We are with commonwealth bank, our broker is following them up this morning to make sure all is on track , keep everything crossed for us!

Building in Blakes Crossing South Australia - Fairmont Homes
Handover is done! Picked up these babies today and now all appliances are in! Just want to get in there now here is a couple of night shots with kitchen lit up
no more pics till flooring goes in now, tiler starts on Monday as does our down lights and if we have decided on pendants they should go in too

heatherkam
SS knew the splashback wouldn't be done for some reason the glass people rely on faxes to get to their orders to their suppliers so the days ours was ordered they had a fax issue so it never made it now it's feign installed this week for handover. he said that had he none the switch on the island controlled the lights over counter he would have made sure they were done, guess he didn't get a copy of our electrical layout :/ when I asked about the power points he made it sound as if it was obvious at they wouldn't be operational , only the one in the kitchen for the oven was on. They must be on seperate switches from the lights maybe.

Fax machines.

Seriously who relies on fax machines these days?
Woot woot! So happy for you heather!

Building a custom Sterling home in Adelaide.
Looking fab!! Can't wait to see pics of flooring and downs!!

Congrats on handover! We have the same (westinghouse) oven/cooktop and they have been working great, so hopefully same for you.
Wow! dont check here for a few weeks and you are finished!
All looks great. Was the splashback through Fairmont?
Thanks all. Can't wait to get in! Splashback was selected when we went to supremes but their supplier is Seaton glass, we went to their showroom to pick the colour as supreme didn't have all the colours and Seaton have bigger samples and can take home with you too

Down lights are in, we have to get Fairmont to repair a spot on roof where they made us put a batten light and of course was not measured up so otherwise lights look great, we went with warm white. Our tiler also started today, so excited to see our tiles going down!
we are still humming and harring about if we get pendants, keep second guessing so maybe wait until we are in.

Will show our tile later as he only laid three when I had left so more pics when I go back later

the beginning of our floors

nice neutral colours looks good
Loving those tiles, it's all looking so awesome. I actually like your kitchen without pendants, the splash back already makes that area look striking but I guess it's a personal choice. We have catered for them in our build but our kitchen will be side-on and I feel it 'needs! Something

Building with Simonds in S.A
Agreed Marshall, we decided last night it was a no to pendants I think it would spoil an already nice kitchen. Great minds lol

tiling continues, so excited!!

So a lil update, after having issues with our original stormwater contractor not answering our calls our replying to text or emails the universe provided us with a new stormwater person, we are now having this done tomorrow and should be done by Tuesday, very much needed as our site is far too wet!!. Hoping our concreter can then start preparing but we may need to wait as our retaining wall person is on a lil break in the middle of our job no less :p a bit cheeky I thought! Our tiler said he will be finished by end of week so carpet and curtains are booked for a week Monday! We are making progress but the weather is hideous so isn't helping our outdoor work!

Well we are in, photos to come once I have done my cleaning etc. tiles curtains and carpets are amazing, so happy with them and can't wait to share

Yay, congrats! Can't wait to see your beautiful home

Building with Simonds in S.A
Can't wait to see!! Am I right in remembering you had someone leave Bob cat marks on your slab? I think I've matches the right build to username lol
If so it seems a distant memory now.

Lol yes we had a bobcat go across the top of our slab, ended up being the drain Layer doing that , does seem a distant memory now that we have completely covered up the slab with our flooring lol here are Some pics, haven't finished much but only early days, kids bedrooms need some love as does ours....we bought the chairs we wanted for our dining table but found they were too short up against the table so we returned them (much to my dismay) I really love those chairs and now I have to find something else, not the worse thing in the world but I hate making decisions on things if I can't find something I love! Our outside is a shambles for now, please pray for heaps of sunny weather for our yard / mud pit to dry out !

Wow looking good

Lol phew! I though it had it right.

Where did you get your curtains from? I'm like them!!

Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum