Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Modified Palisade - Brentwood Forest - Frame is up!!

Page 18 of 18
How wide are those kitchen cupboards please? Ours are 2x450mm (total 900) on each side of the rangehood. On the plans it shows our cupboards stretching right up to touching the rangehood, but there are only two on each side, same as you have.
Valerie Kiwikvinna
How wide are those kitchen cupboards please? Ours are 2x450mm (total 900) on each side of the rangehood. On the plans it shows our cupboards stretching right up to touching the rangehood, but there are only two on each side, same as you have.

Yeah, our plans show the same thing and are the same measurements as yours but looking at this pic, there's more of a gap
Ours are 600 each on the plan, there's a gap on the plan too?

I've still not got our proper finished drawings through yet but the rough one looks like this-
Thanks Nyssa and Marshall5858 for your pics. My plans are the same as Marshall's with the 900mm width cupboards (2x45). I guess it depends on the attention to detail the gallery consultants give pointing out things like that. In the Big Brand promo booklet I think it is 600mm cupboards (2x300) that are listed, so if one has a 900mm space one has to either pay extra to make it 3x300 or pay extra to convert the 2x300 into 2x450. Our consultant put in the 600mm promo item, and then just charged us the difference in cost between that item and what we wanted as a separate gallery line. But I could imagine some consultants being pedantic and saying if you want what is in the promo book you have to stick exactly to the promo book, ie 2x300.
That being said, I still think your kitchen is fab Nyssa, and we all have awesome Palisade pantries anyway.
It's something I wish I picked up but at the time we were building it wasn't an upgrade item unfortunately.

Oh mines the same as yours Nyssa. Just asked for overhead cupboards and that's what they added. She didn't even offer different sizes. I have changed the cupboards beside cooker to drawers so will have 4 at 900wide x 400deep. The top 2 I will add inner drawers after handover to get more usable space.

I am sort of done with the whole build process so I thought I would cap this off with my recommendations!

Firstly - Ashton at Brisbane Rendering did such an amazing job.

Dave from Jims building did our inspections the whole way through and really fought our builder when they weren't listening to us and trying to pull the wool over our eyes. David Brunner
Licence Number: QBCC1078876
ANZIIF(Snr Assoc), Dip.Fin.Serv, Dip Const
M: 0477990940
E: logan@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au

Brisbane Air - these guys were SO professional! In and out in a day!

Nyssa, before you disappear on us, thanks again for your awesome posts. I absolutely owe you for some of the ideas I've built into our home. I wish you and your family many happy years in your beautiful Palisade.
Nyssa+Lachlan
So this is the original design:

And this is our modified design:

Our kitchen splashback is really the only thing that's not neutral in the while house. I needed some bling!

Our outdoor tiles are metre square natural stone:

And we've gone with limestone look tiles for floor to ceiling in the bathroom:

And our flooring next to the two floor tiles

What did it cost to move the laundry out near the garage
Nyssa+Lachlan
I can email you through our tender information if you want to use it as reference with the prices etc. if you like? Sometimes I feel like the sales people don't actually know what they can and can't do for prices because it all needs to be done accurately by estimators, but we've been through that so you might be able to use it as a guide (even if the price has gone up a little) we only signed our contract back in June/July so its not too old. Just PM me your email address and Ill send it through.

could you please email me through it too
I'm also about to build the Palisade in vic with the study were hoping tho get the study wall closed and a door added
such a cool thread!

I'm thinking of either going with the Palisade and the high ceiling or the Bolton with the high ceiling. Bolton MAY be too much for me in terms of budget as it's $40k more, but the Palisade is still just as beautiful and leaves me with a larger back yard.

I hope it's all turned out well.
Related
27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum