Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ben Trager Homes: Slow but steady progress

Page 18 of 18
Seeing as though I promised pics, thought it was time a delivered. Only have a few tho!

Rendered wall for the veggie patch. Will be textured in Malay Grey (same as our front feature colour). Expecting a good harvest from it, its huge!!

Rendered outdoor kitchen, from left to right will be a sink, BBQ and wood fired oven. Wood will be stored in the section below the oven. This will be textured in Malay Grey also, bench top will be composite brushed aluminium.

Framework for deck has begun, but need to hold off finishing it as the patio needs to be installed first before we can continue.

Bit of a preview of front landscaping. Have planted native garden, next to go in will be 3 black boys, mulch, then grass and compacted limestone to the remaining area. Hoping to have the front finished in the next few weeks so more pics will follow. The black pots may be changed, I think taller square pots will look better against the thick pillars. They are very special pots however (BF's great grandfather made them) so a place will be found for them out the back!

Over the last few weeks the sunsets have been amazing!

Love the outdoor kitchen. It will look great when you've got the Malay Grey on it.

And Wow! That corner window is worth it's weight in gold. Bet you're so glad that you went with it. The sunsets around here are as beautiful as anywhere in the world.
Those sunset pictures are just breathtaking!!!! How beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your back entertaining area come together too
Beautiful
Stunning view !!! Your outdoor kitchen is great!
OMG that sunset view is seriously stunning!
So happy we changed the window! Cant wait to start BBQ'ing again, just hope it stays warm for a while longer so we can get a lot of use out of the entertaining area before winter comes!
emacleo0
Cant wait to start BBQ'ing again, just hope it stays warm for a while longer so we can get a lot of use out of the entertaining area before winter comes!

They're the little things you miss aren't they ... looking great!!
Wow amazing view
Love the design of the outdoor kitchen, been trying to get a design together for our verandah. Was this a DIY job and did you work to a plan? We have a heap of bricks left over and we need to put them to good use! Cant wait for the view either.
Thanks guys! Yep, we used the bricks left over from the build and the boundary wall. There were that many we didn't have to buy more. My other half drew up the plan (which he mostly stuck to) and built it himself. Had a friend come around to do the rendering. In the next few weeks he'll come back to do the texturing. Yet to build the bench seat for the outdoor fire pit, so unfortunately will have to put our hands in our pockets at some stage and purchase some more bricks!
Your landscaping work is looking great and what a view!
hi, is your plan comes with boundary wall as standard? Or did you pay extra for the boundary walls? thx
Busy few days, but finally more progress and finally no more sand!! Just a quick pic, was too excited to wait until tomorrow for better light, just wanted to share. Pretty pleased with how it's looking

Laid grass out the back to, but will hold off on pics until the deck is finished.
Looks lovely. It will be great to see more progress pics.
Hi. I was wondering how the house and windows coped with the weather yesterday. Any leaks? I am considering using BTH but still not sure about the EPS stuff.

Tks
WOW that sunset is priceless!
and breathtaking!!!
Hi all, I have been reading your posts regarding BT. We went to pre-start early Dec 2013, our build commenced early feb, it all started out really promising. Since they have started building the amount of work all tallied up would be approx 3 weeks IN TOTAL.This is in a time frame of 6 MONTHS!!!!! Nobody has been working on our house in over 3 weeks and this is not the first lull but one of many since we first started this painfully slow exercise.We were promised great things and they have yet to prove that they are worthy of their assurances. We don't even have a roof yet. We too are building in the mandurah region. There is a fair bit of activity in building going on around us and houses that stared after us and at the same time are at lock up stage, a couple of houses are getting their driveways paved which is the last stage before handover. So if you have all the time in the world and looking for a retirement home go ahead and build. We were told all this last Nov by a couple we met, they were building the same house as we are currently building. We were stupid and thought that won't happen to us.... they were unlucky! Not sure who is having the last laugh....Don't say I didn't warn you!!
emacleo0
Seeing as though I promised pics, thought it was time a delivered. Only have a few tho!

Rendered wall for the veggie patch. Will be textured in Malay Grey (same as our front feature colour). Expecting a good harvest from it, its huge!!

Rendered outdoor kitchen, from left to right will be a sink, BBQ and wood fired oven. Wood will be stored in the section below the oven. This will be textured in Malay Grey also, bench top will be composite brushed aluminium.

Framework for deck has begun, but need to hold off finishing it as the patio needs to be installed first before we can continue.

Bit of a preview of front landscaping. Have planted native garden, next to go in will be 3 black boys, mulch, then grass and compacted limestone to the remaining area. Hoping to have the front finished in the next few weeks so more pics will follow. The black pots may be changed, I think taller square pots will look better against the thick pillars. They are very special pots however (BF's great grandfather made them) so a place will be found for them out the back!

Over the last few weeks the sunsets have been amazing!

What a fab view.
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum