Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

anyone building in armstrong creek?

Page 18 of 25
Thanks! Will get onto this stuff asap then

Titch101
Cert Of occupancy goes to the bank.
To release final bank cheque, the bank needs cert of occupancy, insurance cover note and final valuation.
Just a heads up for everyone, I got a call from NBNco about two weeks ago and was told that we could start talking to Internet providers in early Jan to organise getting the NBN connected.

Unfortunately they called me yesterday and told me the latest update was to wait until March to get connected. I feel sorry for the girl on the phone but I told her of my disappointment in some rather short terms.

I don't know if there is anyway to speed things up but it looks like we are stuck using our phones for quite a while yet. So much for the sales pitch of NBN ready estate!!
We're just waiting on our certificate of occupancy. We should be in on Wednesday next week
We rang Burbank yesterday and they said the certificate has not been issued yet and asked us if we have all utilities on which we do. Does anyone know what would hold this up? Just want to make sure we cover everything so as not to hold things up for the move in next week.

Cheers, Ainslee
Warralily Christmas BBQ - Today 6-8pm at the BBQ area/park opposite the new sales office/W lounge. There is also a information session at 6.30 giving updates etc on Armstrong Creek/Warralily. Hope to see some of you there
Lucinda Perri
Warralily Christmas BBQ - Today 6-8pm at the BBQ area/park opposite the new sales office/W lounge. There is also a information session at 6.30 giving updates etc on Armstrong Creek/Warralily. Hope to see some of you there
gzk and I went along to this last night. Not sure if anyone from the forum was there, but got to meet a couple in our street and another couple nearby, so that was good. Also got to have a stroll around the area afterwards and it was beautiful. Can't wait for next week
Lucinda Perri
Lucinda Perri

Ainslee
gzk and I went along to this last night. Not sure if anyone from the forum was there, but got to meet a couple in our street and another couple nearby, so that was good. Also got to have a stroll around the area afterwards and it was beautiful. Can't wait for next week

I was working night shift and couldnt go unfortunately, what sort of information did they tell everyone at the 6:30pm info session? Any updates on the shops or NBN etc??
gzk could probably tell you more, but nbn should be february, not sure what else.

Titch101
Lucinda Perri
Lucinda Perri

Ainslee

I was working night shift and couldnt go unfortunately, what sort of information did they tell everyone at the 6:30pm info session? Any updates on the shops or NBN etc??
It was hard to hear the guy but he said that shops-supermarket (and childcare) are about 2-3 years away. He also mentioned that in January they will be starting some more community activities such as BBQ's and open air cinema for the locals to go to. He said info on these will be avaliable in the newsletter as well as on the notice board in the W lounge. Also mentioned the sporting ovals in Warralily have got some additional government funding and the planning on those should be completed in the near future. As you have already been told the NBN is expected in Feb but I wouldn't hold our breath on that date either.
Thanks Lucinda
Yeah I had trouble hearing the guy too. I'm glad you posted all that as I didn't hear a lot of it. I can't wait for the social activities.

Lucinda Perri
It was hard to hear the guy but he said that shops-supermarket (and childcare) are about 2-3 years away. He also mentioned that in January they will be starting some more community activities such as BBQ's and open air cinema for the locals to go to. He said info on these will be avaliable in the newsletter as well as on the notice board in the W lounge. Also mentioned the sporting ovals in Warralily have got some additional government funding and the planning on those should be completed in the near future. As you have already been told the NBN is expected in Feb but I wouldn't hold our breath on that date either.
Hi guys, Can someone let me know what the go with the mail is?? Been in our home for just over a week now and no mail. Are AusPost delivering out to us yet?!?
you have to let the grovedale delivery centre know you are in and ready for mail

fussssy
Hi guys, Can someone let me know what the go with the mail is?? Been in our home for just over a week now and no mail. Are AusPost delivering out to us yet?!?
fussssy

You also need to make sure your mail box is on the right hand side of the driveway, so that main can be put in the box from a car window. We are currently considered 'rural mail' and they will not get out of the car. Apparently Warralily are trying to solve it by housing a motor bike in the estate for him to ride.
Thanks guys got it all organised this morning but wasn't told anything about mailbox needing to be on the right hand side... Too bad our is cemented in on the left hand side because our driveway is on the right. Time will tell if they actually use it or not.
cjb
fussssy

You also need to make sure your mail box is on the right hand side of the driveway, so that main can be put in the box from a car window. We are currently considered 'rural mail' and they will not get out of the car. Apparently Warralily are trying to solve it by housing a motor bike in the estate for him to ride.

My mailbox is on the right but no way could you reach it from a car window. Surely the princess could get out of the car and walk 5m.
Strange we are considered rural when the mail centre in grovedale is literally 5km away, it wouldn't be that hard to ride a postie bike down here. I wonder If Barwon Heads has the same problem?
Titch101
cjb
fussssy

My mailbox is on the right but no way could you reach it from a car window. Surely the princess could get out of the car and walk 5m.
Strange we are considered rural when the mail centre in grovedale is literally 5km away, it wouldn't be that hard to ride a postie bike down here. I wonder If Barwon Heads has the same problem?

Apparently the issue is the 100km speed limit on Barwon Heads Road, it makes it 'unsafe' for a bike. We put ours on the left before we heard, and then Warralily offered to put a temporary one on the right for us, which they did.
Can someone tell me if you have to submit your landscaping design to the Warralily panel before handover of your house? Also, how long will it take for the $5k rebate to be funded after landscaping is complete. Also I have noticed a few homes with plain painted concrete driveways (not acceptable in warralily guidelines) and many landscaped front yards without an established tree (also required by the panel guidlines) - does this mean these homes forfeit their $5k rebate?
Hayles
Can someone tell me if you have to submit your landscaping design to the Warralily panel before handover of your house? Also, how long will it take for the $5k rebate to be funded after landscaping is complete. Also I have noticed a few homes with plain painted concrete driveways (not acceptable in warralily guidelines) and many landscaped front yards without an established tree (also required by the panel guidlines) - does this mean these homes forfeit their $5k rebate?

I think when the guidelines say 'Plain colour concrete driveways will not be permitted', they mean... plain/raw concrete. It does say that Coloured concrete is allowed, so I'm assuming that it means you can't have a natural cement driveway... it must be coloured concrete or aggregate etc etc. I could be wrong, but thats my guess. We're building with Simonds and we're getting a coloured concrete driveway and they seem to be all over the Warralily guidelines.
Does anyone know when land is to be titled out at Warralily Coast? Must be soon. And any word on if they're running according to plan for the next stages of Warralily Coast?
Called waralily the lady cannot confirm if land will be titled this month, she said they cant guarantee anything but if and when title is ready owners should receive a letter in the mail - not really helpfull at all.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum