Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

[SA] Building in Field River Estate, Trott Park

Page 18 of 28
yeah fingers crossed for you... received the rock bill yet?

We didnt get a commencement date in our builders interview, because they were still waiting for finance approval & build on boundry letter. Once they received both they were going to schedule commencement.

The only activity I have seen on my block recently is on Thursday the block accross the road had its excess concrete dumped on my block and also all the cracks on my footpath have now been spray painted white. Not sure if that was my builder or council.
1stBuildFR
also all the cracks on my footpath have now been spray painted white. Not sure if that was my builder or council.

Who's bright idea was it to put paver footpaths in when truck are going to be constantly going over them? Probably another way to get money out of us.

Our build is due to start next Tuesday! just email your builder and they should at least give you an estimate. Our liason person is not the nicest person but at least I can get an answer out of her. Its worth a shot
1stBuildFR
yeah fingers crossed for you... received the rock bill yet?

Not yet, but it could be waiting at home for us...

1stBuildFR
We didnt get a commencement date in our builders interview, because they were still waiting for finance approval & build on boundry letter. Once they received both they were going to schedule commencement.

We didn't get firm dates either as we were in a similar situation as we couldn't get final finance approval without a final $$ number from the builder.. However, we asked "Assuming we get everything by X date, when do you expect the footing pour will happen?". They said they couldn't give us an exact date, but it would be scheduled to happen sometime from February, as that's when the footings contractors were back after Christmas break. Just so happened we got our finance approval done about a month after the builders interview, and it must have been relatively early in the order because they cut the block pretty early in February and the pour was only a little after that.

1stBuildFR
The only activity I have seen on my block recently is on Thursday the block accross the road had its excess concrete dumped on my block and also all the cracks on my footpath have now been spray painted white. Not sure if that was my builder or council.

Do you have pavers or a concrete footpath? Could be OH&S requirement if the cracks could be tripped over. We went past your block on Sunday, your neighbours look like they're ready to move in almost

Our services trench has been done now so I'm hoping that's it for (really) heavy machinery on our footpath for now, so far no damage to anything other than where the crossover will be.
Gave them a call, after being transferred and explaining what I was calling about 4 times. Finally someone told me that a letter will be sent either today or tomorrow to a footing contractor and they will schedule me in, when they are available.

This being added to the fact I think the footings contractor will rock up, see I need retaining walls and then leave again, does not give me much faith in seeing a house this side of christmas

Ohh well.

And Vortex, I believe my Neighbour could be one of the next in. Jealousy of others progress, has well and truely sunken in
1stBuildFR
thinking about calling fairmont and asking if they have a start date of my site works.... any one here comment on how warmly they were received when call fairmont construction? Can't really be bothered calling if I'm going to get given attitude

The footings contractor called us the day before they started on site. During that phone call I asked if they knew approximately how much excess soil there would be and when we would need to take it away but they couldn't answer those questions at that time
Vortex you got bricks on ya block
1stBuildFR
Vortex you got bricks on ya block

I saw that yesterday! YAY! Heaps of work starting to happen on Bayley. about 3 more slabs laid and lots more being cut out! Our soils getting all moved tomorrow so we can start construction on Tuesday as they have promised!
Thanks guys, yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I went down there this morning
Timber can't be far away now!
Wow! couldnt believe I saw people working on houses in the estate on a Sunday-yesterday, went in the morning to look on to what my partner and uncle were doing with our soil and saw at least 3 workers at houses working away. Looks like they wanted to get things done before the weather kicks in.
newbuilder1
Wow! couldnt believe I saw people working on houses in the estate on a Sunday-yesterday....

Jealoussssssssssssss
1stBuildFR
newbuilder1
Wow! couldnt believe I saw people working on houses in the estate on a Sunday-yesterday....

Jealoussssssssssssss

I know! tell me about it
A little birdy tells me we now have frames on site
YAHOO!
F**KING BANKS!!!!

We finally got our loan docs yesterday, after the loan was approved 2 weeks ago. Not one single factor is correct on the entire application!!! lol. Broker is in a mad frantic rush this morning trying to get the bank to fix all their stuff ups. His response to all the things wrong with the application are we either had someone fall asleep half way through our application or we had a trainee.

The bank is trying to charged us 11 thousand mortgage insurance!!! Because we put every dollar against the land loan, and they forgot to use the land equity on the contruction portion of the loan...... If the loan is this stressful, I wonder how much fun the build its self is going to be
ha ha ha ha

Btw congrats on the frame vortex!!! Now all we need is this weather to clear... I remember we were having bloody heat waves in March the last 3 years. What happened???
Wow you're not having a good run. We've had nothing but smooth sailing compared to you guys
Its been a blast. I will well and truely be an alcoholic by the time this process is over
lol
1BFR looks like you will have some action on your block early next week.
Simp
1BFR looks like you will have some action on your block early next week.

You've got my heart racing a bit, what gives you that impression?
I had a meeting at my place @ 7am and your footings contractor grabbed me for 10min to show him the boundary line etc. Said he would be starting as soon as he finishes the one he is on now (in the estate) then would be over to do yours. 'A cupla daze' he said.
Simp
I had a meeting at my place @ 7am and your footings contractor grabbed me for 10min to show him the boundary line etc. Said he would be starting as soon as he finishes the one he is on now (in the estate) then would be over to do yours. 'A cupla daze' he said.

Sounds like the guy who did ours, very likely they'll be working on the weekend
Simp

Thanks for the update Simp, fingers crossed the bank gets there act together and sorts out my loan adjustments..

vortex_
Sounds like the guy who did ours, very likely they'll be working on the weekend

I hope I've got your footings guy Vortex, they seem extremely quick. Any rock bills in the mail? Fingers crossed they lost your address
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum