Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 170 of 172
jeeman
vinx1127
Just want to check if it is normal to pay huge lump sum if you go over the price protection with Botique. Other builder offer 500-2000/month if you title got delayed whereas with Botique they dont price any indication.

Boutique has made it normal. I had to pay a huge amount. Every other builder i know of has a solid price per month policy and with Boutique, it's whatever they ask for.

Quite Disappointing..

Is that's the case then its not good as jeeman mentioned. However I just saw on their website that they have an offer now that says prices are fixed till April 2019. Is this relevant to your question vinx ?
ozshaz, were you able to negotiate? How much do you have to pay? Do you think I could ask them put the pricing if I go over to titled date in my contract prior to my HIA contract?

jeeman, my only concern is if you go over the price protection( for some reason) then we will have to pay hefty $$$.

I think it makes more sense to go with them if your land is already titled or expecting it within the next 6-12months. Otherwise it's better wait or go with other builder if you want to lock-in the price early.

I already signed my PWC having the price protection the same as my titled date. My consultant said that if my land got delayed for 3 months then I don't need to pay. Anything more than that will be negotiated . I asked them to put that in writing but they said it's an internal policy unless they increase my quote upfront. So decided not to go with it because it sounds like it's just a small money involved.

I've been checking different forums lately and noticed that the amount is really BIG if you go over. There's a new section just for Botique Price Protection policy

Don't get me wrong, I love their design. The only question now is if i'm happy to take that risk or forget about my $2,500 and look for better insurance somewhere else?

Currently waiting for my HIA/Colour appointment.
vinx1127
@ozshaz, were you able to negotiate? How much do you have to pay? Do you think I could ask them put the pricing if I go over to titled date in my contract prior to my HIA contract?

jeeman, my only concern is if you go over the price protection( for some reason) then we will have to pay hefty $$$.

I think it makes more sense to go with them if your land is already titled or expecting it within the next 6-12months. Otherwise it's better wait or go with other builder if you want to lock-in the price early.

I already signed my PWC having the price protection the same as my titled date. My consultant said that if my land got delayed for 3 months then I don't need to pay. Anything more than that will be negotiated . I asked them to put that in writing but they said it's an internal policy unless they increase my quote upfront. So decided not to go with it because it sounds like it's just a small money involved.

I've been checking different forums lately and noticed that the amount is really BIG if you go over. There's a new section just for Botique Price Protection policy

Don't get me wrong, I love their design. The only question now is if i'm happy to take that risk or forgot about my $2,500 and look for better insurance somewhere else?

Hi Vinx I had a titled land so was not an issue. But I would suggest ask your NHC about the clause for the price freeze. This is what I saw on their website - https://www.boutiquehomes.com.au/your-fixed-home-price

Also When did you sign your PWC ? Which house house design. I can see they have raised the prices for the houses fro Dec to this month.
vinx1127
@ozshaz, were you able to negotiate? How much do you have to pay? Do you think I could ask them put the pricing if I go over to titled date in my contract prior to my HIA contract?

Don't get me wrong, I love their design. The only question now is if i'm happy to take that risk or forgot about my $2,500 and look for better insurance somewhere else?

We were told 6 months after land titled and settlement right before our file moved to construction that we have to pay $29,500 to continue the build. We were told previously in an email by an estimating and drafting manager that it would cost $2,088 for the delay when we told about the potential delay. But when we brought this up, they just said it was an admin error and they accidentally dropped a zero. Just wrote them a long email. Haven’t heard back yet.

vinx1127

Exactly my thoughts.
If you have protection for atleast 6 months from the expected title date it makes sense to sign the HIA. If I were in your shoes, I would shop around and find alternative options rather than getting into a one sided legal contract.

If you don't know what Boutique is going to charge you after the protection period, it's a high risk.
Ozshaz
vinx1127

Hi Vinx I had a titled land so was not an issue. But I would suggest ask your NHC about the clause for the price freeze. This is what I saw on their website - https://www.boutiquehomes.com.au/your-fixed-home-price

Also When did you sign your PWC ? Which house house design. I can see they have raised the prices for the houses fro Dec to this month.

I signed up during the Spring Sale which gone up by $25k with the current price. The price freeze was only 1yr during that time and have to pay $5k+ to extend for a few months to align with my estimated title date.

I'll try to ask if they could include those delay charges on my HIA contract otherwise good-bye 2,500
newbietobuilding
vinx1127

We were told 6 months after land titled and settlement right before our file moved to construction that we have to pay $29,500 to continue the build. We were told previously in an email by an estimating and drafting manager that it would cost $2,088 for the delay when we told about the potential delay. But when we brought this up, they just said it was an admin error and they accidentally dropped a zero. Just wrote them a long email. Haven’t heard back yet.

wow that pretty stiff! Anyway, you have the email if things goes wrong.
vinx1127
newbietobuilding
vinx1127

Email agreement won't help.. there are many such NOT honored cases if you check the facebook closed forum..
jeeman
vinx1127
newbietobuilding
[quote="vinx1127"]@ozshaz, were you able to negotiate? How much do you have to pay? Do you think I could ask them put the pricing if I go over to titled date in my contract prior to my HIA contract?

Email agreement won't help.. there are many such NOT honored cases if you check the facebook closed forum..[/quote] yup that’s what I’ve read ;(

That's a very high $$ number for price freeze. I think you may then like to see what value the extra $$ brings or may be shop around. Do you think by paying the extra $$ you are getting more options included as compared to other quotes if you take them today ?
Ozshaz
That's a very high $$ number for price freeze. I think you may then like to see what value the extra $$ brings or may be shop around. Do you think by paying the extra $$ you are getting more options included as compared to other quotes if you take them today ?

I think it's better to go somewhere else (if this is how they operate), even if I put extra $$$. At least you know much you need to pay if you go over the Price Protection rather than getting the biggest surprise of your life
vinx1127
Ozshaz

I think it's better to go somewhere else (if this is how they operate), even if I put extra $$$. At least you know much you need to pay if you go over the Price Protection rather than getting the biggest surprise of your life
yup I agreed. My biggest regret was rushing to sign up with Boutique thinking that I can fix the price but in the end they still charge me the diff ;( only go with them if you have a titled land is my advice.

Any idea how much time does it take to get a contract appointment after signing a PWC ? And would we get the soil report before the contract ?
Signed PWC start of November 2016, couldn't get an appointment until end of Feb 2017. In terms of soil report, it depends if your land is titled or not. Ours was titled so we were able to get the soil report at contract.

Thanks Jacinta. Seems like a bit of time between the PWC and contract. Mine is also titled so hopefully can get the soil report. Did your site cost changed due to soils report finding ?
Ozshaz
Any idea how much time does it take to get a contract appointment after signing a PWC ? And would we get the soil report before the contract ?

We signed the PWC in late June 2017 and had our Contract in late September 2017. The time in between is good to do research for the Contract/Colours.

We got the soil report a few days prior to our Contract. Our site costs went from an estimate of $50k in the PWC to $58k in our Contract (knockdown rebuild)
Hello Everyone ! Happy Sunday !

Just getting prepared for my HIA signing and going through the draft it seems there are few things which are making me not that happy. Specially the clause about the private building inspections. Here is the clause -

The Owner acknowledges and agrees that if it intends to rely on an independent building report for the purposes of listing defects and
incomplete work pursuant to Clause 37, such a report must be provided to the Builder on or before the date the Builder and Owner meet to inspect the Building Works under Clause 37. As per Special Condition 4, the Owner must provide the Builder 48 hours’ written notice before any such inspector can enter the Site.

Has anyone else seen such a clause in their contract ? Why should we give the builder the QA report beforehand as we are engaging the inspector not Boutique.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers !
Its been very quite in the thread. I trust everyone is having a good time
Just passed to construction yesterday. Very excited! I can't wait to start seeing progress on our land.

yoyohv
Just passed to construction yesterday. Very excited! I can't wait to start seeing progress on our land.

Looking forward to it !!! May I ask where are you building.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum