Building ForumBuilding A New House

Housing the Tribe, Gold Coast

Page 169 of 202
We're considering using
http://www.ezywood.com.au/?gclid=CLahjt ... vQodzw0EwQ
Engineered wood!
My brother in law has it at his place looks good and 0 maintenance

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Looks really good B4M3T, any idea on the cost per m2?

I'll have to check out the Ezywood and Modwood. We're considering Ekowood (from Bunnings) to do landscape screening and gates.

Like Mr Bee said, Mr TC had no probs cutting tiles (angle grinder -- Mr T would love using one of them!) Now that the 100sm of porcelains have been laid, he's moaning that he should have done them. Tiler did a fabulous job but Mister would have rather kept money

Our tiler rendered the slab edge of our porch and alfresco edges -- looks good. Some peeps paint.
There are lots of options for the pre fab decking stuff, I'm liking it a lot.

Ok a angle grinder, he has one which is handy. Does it need a special tile cutting disk?

You did the right thing getting them laid professionally tomcat, mr KF would of done a awesome job but least you know it's spot on and it didn't kill mr KF.

Sorry tc I meant the edge where the flat top surface meets the drop edge of the alfresco, he rendered the sides or yours? What's the edge like is it sharp or did he cap it?

Oh. It's smooth as it's the edge of the tile which is ceramic with a soft curved edge. (Rectified porcelain tiles are sharp as they have super square edges). He overlapped the tiles over the edge of the slab slightly to make them line up with the alfresco brick pillars which were bumped out slightly from the slab. Then he rendered under the overlapped tiles. Looks good and is smooth, not sharp at all.

No special disc for the grinder.
Hey Tribe - I need to buy some cushions and throws. Who better to ask than you
. Any recommendations for online sights or stores? Thanks for your help as always

viewtopic.php?t=78985

TomCat
Oh. It's smooth as it's the edge of the tile which is ceramic with a soft curved edge. (Rectified porcelain tiles are sharp as they have super square edges). He overlapped the tiles over the edge of the slab slightly to make them line up with the alfresco brick pillars which were bumped out slightly from the slab. Then he rendered under the overlapped tiles. Looks good and is smooth, not sharp at all.

No special disc for the grinder.

Thanks tomcat, makes sense now, we measured out our alfresco yesterday morning and the concrete pad it isn't square
would make tiling it ourselves extremely difficult. It's not out by much about 10cm wider at the bottom (grass end) than at the top (house end) esshhh. Shoved that one in the far to bloody hard basket. We did come up with a solution though.

Franky40
. Any recommendations for online sights or stores? Thanks for your help as always

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Hey franky, ohhhhh now your talking
. I didn't buy any of my cushions or throws online as I wanted to feel them (texture for adding depth ect) I got a few from country road, some from Sheridan, myer and dj's, a bulk from trade secrets they had a heap of kaz's ones on sale and in the colours I wanted. Spotlight is great too especially when they have a sale. Pillow talk was good I found a few nice ones there same as adairs. I basically brought one each time I went to the shops
. Sheridan have lovely throws as do bed bath and table. Wheel and barrow too. Macy's online I found some but the dollar sucks at the moment. Have fun shopping I enjoyed that part so much

Tribe7
Franky40

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Hey franky, ohhhhh now your talking
. I didn't buy any of my cushions or throws online as I wanted to feel them (texture for adding depth ect) I got a few from country road, some from Sheridan, myer and dj's, a bulk from trade secrets they had a heap of kaz's ones on sale and in the colours I wanted. Spotlight is great too especially when they have a sale. Pillow talk was good I found a few nice ones there same as adairs. I basically brought one each time I went to the shops
. Sheridan have lovely throws as do bed bath and table. Wheel and barrow too. Macy's online I found some but the dollar sucks at the moment. Have fun shopping I enjoyed that part so much

Thanks Tribe - I was thinking the same about online. We have Zara home and H&M home in Sydney they also have nice cushions. I think buying a bit at a time is a good idea. I will keep an eye out from now

viewtopic.php?t=78985

We got busy and made our back alfresco more comfy
it took us an hour and a half to click together and then we had to cut the back row closest to the house, was very easy to do with the saw. Makes such a huge difference and I love the pattern

Tribe7
TomCat
Oi! Happy new year to the Tribe o' five (seven ...the grownups too)!

Happy New Years to you and mr kung fu too. Hope you had a great night. We did make a new addition to our tribe.

Check out our new cushion

Aww this is too cute .

Tribe question for you please. What is your measurements alongside garage to the fence line? We are looking at side access along garage.

viewtopic.php?t=79203
Love your decision with the alfresco!! Can I ask where you bought it from please?

Emmz70
Tribe7
TomCat
Oi! Happy new year to the Tribe o' five (seven ...the grownups too)!

Happy New Years to you and mr kung fu too. Hope you had a great night. We did make a new addition to our tribe.

Check out our new cushion

Aww this is too cute .

Tribe question for you please. What is your measurements alongside garage to the fence line? We are looking at side access along garage.

viewtopic.php?t=79203

Thanks emmz, woody has settled in quite nicely now.

We have 2.2m from the external garage wall to the fence and our path is 1m wide which runs along beside the house. We decided to have all our services located at that point, meter box, gas hot water system, gas bottles, nbn and garden tap.

CustomStirling
Love your decision with the alfresco!! Can I ask where you bought it from please?

Thanks stirling, we are super happy with it
. It's from IKEA, I went yesterday and got it all, the lady at the checkout told me they had 10k customers through (no wonder I felt like a frazzled fool with my flat bed trolleys by the time I got back to the car
)

http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/functional/17885/21957/

Tribe7
it took us an hour and a half to click together and then we had to cut the back row closest to the house, was very easy to do with the saw. Makes such a huge difference and I love the pattern

Wow beautiful job love it. Well done again

viewtopic.php?t=79203
I love it. It now looks complete, warm and inviting. Good job guys.
I was at ikea yesterday too! It was PACKED!

livpal5
I love it. It now looks complete, warm and inviting. Good job guys.

Thank liv, another tick off the list.

Nyssa+Lachlan
I was at ikea yesterday too! It was PACKED!

It was horrific, it took 25 mins to get a damn refund then I had to face the warehouse floor. I'm already dreading going back to get the rest of the wardrobe cabinets for our daughter wir

Tribe7

Wow Tribe!!! That looks fantastic! You sure don't mess around! I didn't think you had already decided!
Related
16/05/2024
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

hey nedket, We have a similar lot like yours >. just wondering how is it going with your DA application, is the Blue line is the correct solution (offset the rear boundary…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

3/02/2024
Overshadowing clarification - planning - SL housing

General Discussion

I am not based in Victoria however i had a quick look into your question to understand what you were asking. The way I read the regulations, overshadowing relates to the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum