Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 167 of 172
Jacinta.C
Has anyone had to erect their fence before their neighbours?

We need to start organising quotes for our fence. We would like to send out a 'notice to fence', however we haven't met our neighbours. Both are behind us in the build. How can we get their residential address to send the quote?

You email the council or developer and they will send you the current owners postal addresses.

Some fencing companies will do this for you if you ask.

We built all fences around our property before our neighbors. We had to pay the full amount for the rear fence as the land had not titled on that side and the developer doesn't have to pay for it.
twentythreesquares - instagram

As for the fence you need to contact the council. I think I'm trapped between investments (residing address is in china) although they have a fence already in their package. I'm hoping if I wait it out 1-2months it will be up and I have no bill unless the builder passes it over to me. It's annoying because I want my sides up asap- I'm living there! Agg

Hiya!
🏻‍♂️ Ours is @hausofcruze

Building the Barcelona 22. Land title FEB 2017.
Instagram Account: @hausofcruze
thellama
yoyohv
thellama
Thanks yoyohv, this is awesome! We haven't gotten this yet so it gives us something to plan for

I can see why they're charging double now. They're quoting $95 per point. With every point it has to connect somewhere so the other point is another $95. They should charge per run instead to be more transparent.

I was planning to terminate each point to a patch panel in a rack cabinet, so I wonder how they'd charge then

That's what we wanted as well. But they will still charge you the double.

I can see that they have packages that terminate to a patch panel but they also cost in routers, switches, rack cabinets, etc. The Professional Network Package looks interesting to me, but I don't need the routers, switches or even the rack cabinet as I want to supply my own.

I had cabling done on our current house after handover as it's single storey. 16 ports, terminated to a 6 RU rack cabinet in the garage (which the cabler supplied) for $1,700. This was however 6 years ago.

After some back and forth emails I got this answer from them:

-----------------

The cost for the data point to be terminated to a cat6 mech on a plate at both ends is the $191 cost (a data point placed at both locations).

If you were to opt against this and pay only for 1 end, you will have the 1 end terminated in the designated room and then it won’t be terminated where it is all being run back to, it will be cable pulled through the plate.

We do have some IT clients who prefer this option as they connect/terminate the data to their relevant networking devices themselves after hand over.

Our pricing is also, supply, wire, install and warranty.

-------

I saved around $1300 with this. I will get cables pulled through the wall. I will connect them directly to a switch after handover.

yoyohv
thellama
yoyohv
[quote="thellama"]
Thanks yoyohv, this is awesome! We haven't gotten this yet so it gives us something to plan for

I can see why they're charging double now. They're quoting $95 per point. With every point it has to connect somewhere so the other point is another $95. They should charge per run instead to be more transparent.

I was planning to terminate each point to a patch panel in a rack cabinet, so I wonder how they'd charge then

I can see that they have packages that terminate to a patch panel but they also cost in routers, switches, rack cabinets, etc. The Professional Network Package looks interesting to me, but I don't need the routers, switches or even the rack cabinet as I want to supply my own.

I had cabling done on our current house after handover as it's single storey. 16 ports, terminated to a 6 RU rack cabinet in the garage (which the cabler supplied) for $1,700. This was however 6 years ago.

-----------------

The cost for the data point to be terminated to a cat6 mech on a plate at both ends is the $191 cost (a data point placed at both locations).

If you were to opt against this and pay only for 1 end, you will have the 1 end terminated in the designated room and then it won’t be terminated where it is all being run back to, it will be cable pulled through the plate.

We do have some IT clients who prefer this option as they connect/terminate the data to their relevant networking devices themselves after hand over.

-------

I saved around $1300 with this. I will get cables pulled through the wall. I will connect them directly to a switch after handover.

[/quote]
Just be aware that the cable that the pull through does not have the RJ45 connector on the end. So you will have to add this yourself.

darrenedwards_henley
yoyohv
thellama
[quote="yoyohv"][quote="thellama"]

-----------------

-------

[/quote]
Just be aware that the cable that the pull through does not have the RJ45 connector on the end. So you will have to add this yourself.

[/quote]

Thanks I was going to ask that as it sounds like they are simply pulling the cable through. Good to know.

thellama

Thanks I was going to ask that as it sounds like they are simply pulling the cable through. Good to know.

It is extremely easy to do. Can buy what you need from Bunnings. I did over 40 RJ45 ends myself installing extra Ethernet and CCTV.
darrenedwards_henley
yoyohv
thellama
[quote="yoyohv"][quote="thellama"]

-----------------

-------

[/quote]

[/quote]
Thanks for this note!

measure
thellama

It is extremely easy to do. Can buy what you need from Bunnings. I did over 40 RJ45 ends myself installing extra Ethernet and CCTV.

That's great. I've been watching some YouTube channels on how to do it so looks pretty straightforward.

I'm planning on installing PoE CCTV cameras (e.g. HikVision) around the house, but would like the cables to be installed during build. However, I don't really want the cables to be terminated to a face plate. I basically want the cable hanging out from a small hole from say the ceiling so I can just plug into the camera.

Do you know if Argus will do this?
thellama
measure
thellama

That's great. I've been watching some YouTube channels on how to do it so looks pretty straightforward.

I'm planning on installing PoE CCTV cameras (e.g. HikVision) around the house, but would like the cables to be installed during build. However, I don't really want the cables to be terminated to a face plate. I basically want the cable hanging out from a small hole from say the ceiling so I can just plug into the camera.

I doubt they will leave it hanging out the roof but it can't hurt to ask. Any non terminated points in our house were left in the wall or roof. Then I just made a small hole and pulled them through.

traceylee
Hi I saw you were slapped with a over $20.000 penalty for a 3 month delay & it got down to $12.000 was this with boutique homes ? And did they reduce the penalty amount

That was me. Yes it was from Boutique. I haven't had any further communication with Boutique as we both waiting for land title to resume the communication/ negotiation.

However I saw an advertisement in FB/ their website that Boutique now gives15 months price guarantee from the PWC sign date.
http://www.boutiquehomes.com.au/your-fixed-home-price
measure
thellama
measure
[quote="thellama"]

I doubt they will leave it hanging out the roof but it can't hurt to ask. Any non terminated points in our house were left in the wall or roof. Then I just made a small hole and pulled them through.

[/quote]

Thanks. Did you take a photo of where the cables are located before the plaster went up so you knew where to drill the hole? Or did they mark it somewhere?

I'm concerned about relying on a floor/electrical plan to determine where the cable could be

thellama
measure
thellama
[quote="measure"][quote="thellama"]

[/quote]

Thanks. Did you take a photo of where the cables are located before the plaster went up so you knew where to drill the hole? Or did they mark it somewhere?

I'm concerned about relying on a floor/electrical plan to determine where the cable could be

[/quote]
I took photos at the frame wiring stage, they were pretty spot on to the plan though.
measure
thellama
measure
[quote="thellama"][quote="measure"][quote="thellama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I took photos at the frame wiring stage, they were pretty spot on to the plan though.[/quote]

That's great. Thanks.

Hi all

What is the price people have paid for exposed aggregate per m2 with Boutique Homes? I am being charged $140/m2 which seems expensive for Category 1 exposed aggregate.
epitome
Hi all

What is the price people have paid for exposed aggregate per m2 with Boutique Homes? I am being charged $140/m2 which seems expensive for Category 1 exposed aggregate.

That's expensive. Do it after handover. We were charged $100 per m2
measure
epitome
Hi all

That's expensive. Do it after handover. We were charged $100 per m2

Thanks measure
epitome
Hi all

I got a few other quotes and at the time they were all hanging around the same as Boutique.

mj2016
epitome
Hi all

I got a few other quotes and at the time they were all hanging around the same as Boutique.

Thanks mj2016. So you're being charged $140/m2?

Yep $139

Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum