Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 165 of 277
Orpheus
I'm looking at doing something with the feature wall (behind the bed) in the master bedroom. Colour scheme in the master bdrm we have white coloured walls and ceiling with Charcoal carpets and we have a dark grey/white tv cabinet.

Weighing up either a painted colour or a nice wallpaper as in below?

Wallpaper (top)/painted (bottom):

I like the wallpaper look as its more creative. Other wallpaper options are below. Thoughts?

have you thought about the 3d wallpapers ...We are considering them for master bedroom and enterance wall.

I think 3D looks awesome....just hope it's not too distracting

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
I love love grass cloth wallpaper. I'm doing it in my master bedroom behind the bed in a charcoal colour
I like the added texture you can get from a wallpaper rather than a flat paint however I suppose the argument for paint is that it's easier to change as trends change

So excited for you that your tiles have finally turned up!! Now for the tilers to get busy!!

I looked at he Samsung lock too but I don't think we have enough room between the glass panel in the door and where the door meets the jam to have a pull handle and the lock
At what point do you need to tell he supervisor that you want it installed?

MrsJM
I love love grass cloth wallpaper. I'm doing it in my master bedroom behind the bed in a charcoal colour
I like the added texture you can get from a wallpaper rather than a flat paint however I suppose the argument for paint is that it's easier to change as trends change

So excited for you that your tiles have finally turned up!! Now for the tilers to get busy!!

I looked at he Samsung lock too but I don't think we have enough room between the glass panel in the door and where the door meets the jam to have a pull handle and the lock

Thanks JM.

In looking at some wallpaper suppliers so will post them soon.

I have spoken with our SM and locksmith person to allow more space btwn the lock and handle and have sent then the technical spec sheet to review. Let's hope they remember to do it. He door furniture can't go in as yet because our door frame is not the right one (ie 5 hinges instead of current 4)

@Orph

Orph, you on ozbargain with same name?
Little by little our house is coming along.

1. M has invented an innovative way to install my facade corner window. My entire glass window rely on a cheap brick not falling off.....

2. Our plumbing in powder room has been fixed. They could of also fixed the misaligned wall mounted water sprout on my vanity.

3. The walls have been sanded down (there's dust everywhere) ready for painting.

No sign of tilers, carpenters, painters or brickies onsite to continue the work....

@Orph

Orpheus
MrsJM

Thanks JM.

I have spoken with our SM and locksmith person to allow more space btwn the lock and handle and have sent then the technical spec sheet to review. Let's hope they remember to do it. He door furniture can't go in as yet because our door frame is not the right one (ie 5 hinges instead of current 4)

@Orph

Hey Orph,
What's happening with your front door hinges?
What did your SS say will be done?
Will they be removing your door?
Need to know before I meet up with my SS next week.

HGMbuild
Orpheus
MrsJM

Thanks JM.

@Orph

Hey Orph,

Our SM said he has to replace the entire door frame as its the old design (4 hinges) and install the new frame to match the 5 hinges on the door.

Also, can you check on yr front door if M use the brass hinges or stainless steel ones? I noticed some of the new apartments going up in my area uses the stainless steel hinges. They look more sturdier and nicer looking than the cheap thin brassy ones.

@Orph

Orpheus
HGMbuild
Orpheus
[quote="MrsJM"]I love love grass cloth wallpaper. I'm doing it in my master bedroom behind the bed in a charcoal colour

Thanks JM.

@Orph

Hey Orph,

Our SM said he has to replace the entire door frame as its the old design (4 hinges) and install the new frame to match the 5 hinges on the door.

Also, can you check on yr front door if M use the brass hinges or stainless steel ones? I noticed some of the new apartments going up in my area uses the stainless steel hinges. They look more sturdier and nicer looking than the cheap thin brassy ones.

@Orph

Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645[/quote]
Oh cool thanks for the that Orph!
I will check on the hinges tomorrow when I get back there, but I'm pretty sure they stainless steel, will try to check pics too and let you know.

Hi Orph!
Looks like still a fair bit to go. I think the final touches take the looooongest. I am sure you are really looking forward to moving in. Do you think it will be pre-Xmas?
monalisa
Hi Orph!
Looks like still a fair bit to go. I think the final touches take the looooongest. I am sure you are really looking forward to moving in. Do you think it will be pre-Xmas?

Now that you mention it, today marks the 32 weeks timeframe for our build (excluding rain days) to reach PCI. I have asked M how many rain days they will claim to-date but they will not disclose to me. If I don't hear back with an answer tomorrow then I will escalate to get an answer. My guess is they prob claimed 20-30 days. Therefore if they don't reach PCI by end of Oct then any days after that we can claim liquidation damages......

@Orph

Orpheus
monalisa
Hi Orph!

Now that you mention it, today marks the 32 weeks timeframe for our build (excluding rain days) to reach PCI. I have asked M how many rain days they will claim to-date but they will not disclose to me. If I don't hear back with an answer tomorrow then I will escalate to get an answer. My guess is they prob claimed 20-30 days. Therefore if they don't reach PCI by end of Oct then any days after that we can claim liquidation damages......

@Orph

They may still be going through the building boom. Or perhaps as your home has so many inclusions M are taking their time to get it right
Nah ours is a no frills house build....cheap as chips!

@Orph

Orpheus

1. M has invented an innovative way to install my facade corner window. My entire glass window rely on a cheap brick not falling off.....

2. Our plumbing in powder room has been fixed. They could of also fixed the misaligned wall mounted water sprout on my vanity.

3. The walls have been sanded down (there's dust everywhere) ready for painting.

No sign of tilers, carpenters, painters or brickies onsite to continue the work....

@Orph

Very creative on that corner window indeed! What will the finish above actually be?
jasonwg
Orpheus

@Orph

Very creative on that corner window indeed! What will the finish above actually be?

Most probably Wood cladding I'd say? That's what we are planning for in ours!

jasonwg
Orpheus

@Orph

Above is just FC sheeting as it cant support bricks

@Orph

Top roof scaffolds are down but lower roof scaffolds are still on. Is this normal?

@Orph

RegVic
I am ordering an August door bell and thinking about buying the lock as well....may be it is too early to comment but what do you think about the door lock?

Cheers,

The lock is very easy to install over an existing deadbolt. Everything works great and connects flawlessly. I removed a Samsung lock I had on their previously that locked automatically, and I just need to remember to lock the August when I leave. In saying that you can chnage the settings to lock automatically after a certain period of time or when your 100m away.

It will be easier to monitor the lock remotely when I get the Doorbell Cam as the August Lock is only Bluetooth unless you get the August Connect which works the lock off the home network. The Doorbell Cam doubles as a cam, doorbell and August Connect so you can monitor it easier once you have both devices.

Overall I am loving the lock. Definately a must have over the other digital locks on the market.
Aussie141414
RegVic
I am ordering an August door bell and thinking about buying the lock as well....may be it is too early to comment but what do you think about the door lock?

Cheers,

The lock is very easy to install over an existing deadbolt. Everything works great and connects flawlessly. I removed a Samsung lock I had on their previously that locked automatically, and I just need to remember to lock the August when I leave. In saying that you can chnage the settings to lock automatically after a certain period of time or when your 100m away.

It will be easier to monitor the lock remotely when I get the Doorbell Cam as the August Lock is only Bluetooth unless you get the August Connect which works the lock off the home network. The Doorbell Cam doubles as a cam, doorbell and August Connect so you can monitor it easier once you have both devices.

Overall I am loving the lock. Definately a must have over the other digital locks on the market.

Thank you for your detailed response Aussie..Did you order through Amazon or is there a local supplier in Australia?
Ordered through Amazon. arrived approx 1-2 weeks after ordering.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum