Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 161 of 364
CBPH
deb17
Can't believe u have to go through this. Take them to the cleaners. So unfair.

deb, nah, I do not want to take them to the cleaners, I just want what we paid for, a well built house that isn't heaving because of negligence through the build.

so what do you have to do to fix the heave?
Hi CBPH, good to hear that every thing will be fixed.
Viking1945
Hi CBPH, good to hear that every thing will be fixed.

It is good to hear, hopefully what we do landscaping wise will stop the movement issues so we can move on and get everything else finished
Has anyone built/building the vetra affinity home?
Cheers
Hi Guys,

Has anyone successfully brought in their own tradies whilst the building was being done? We wanted to get our own sparky around to do the CAT6 Cables to somewhat future proof the house. During the tender and sales stage, and via our Client Liason Officer that no contractors outside of those that CH hires was allowed.

Because the house will be heavily insulated on the outside my sparky tells me it's next to impossible to snake wires through any cavity after the plasterboards go up.

Any way around this? Wireless is really not a feasible option.

Thanks.

Regards,

Will.
Glad to hear they r fixing it for u. I was hoping they would as they do have a good reputation and build nice homes. Hope all works out well for u.
deb17
Glad to hear they r fixing it for u. I was hoping they would as they do have a good reputation and build nice homes. Hope all works out well for u.

mmm how exactly do you fix a heave though?
Hey guys, a question...

When does the site become the builders responsibility? We have recently gone to site and have been told that the site start was on 30/07.

On the 02/08 we got a call from the SS that a neighbours site and/or others have dumped bricks, cement and rubbish on the plot and would be our responsibility to remove it or pay for the removal of it! How is that meant to be our responsibility? Plus the site does have temp fencing et all...

Should this be the builders responsibility or ours? And am I right in arguing that site start or clean shouldn't have happened (without informing us if we have to pay for it!) if there was rubbish on it... to which the SS simply replied we don't stop site starts coz there's rubbish on it

On top of it I have been to the site and it seems who ever has cut n cleaned the site has just bulldozed a pile of soil on top of the bricks all the way to the back fence...

Don't know what to do...n this is just the beginning
koms
Hey guys, a question...

When does the site become the builders responsibility? We have recently gone to site and have been told that the site start was on 30/07.

On the 02/08 we got a call from the SS that a neighbours site and/or others have dumped bricks, cement and rubbish on the plot and would be our responsibility to remove it or pay for the removal of it! How is that meant to be our responsibility? Plus the site does have temp fencing et all...

Should this be the builders responsibility or ours? And am I right in arguing that site start or clean shouldn't have happened (without informing us if we have to pay for it!) if there was rubbish on it... to which the SS simply replied we don't stop site starts coz there's rubbish on it

On top of it I have been to the site and it seems who ever has cut n cleaned the site has just bulldozed a pile of soil on top of the bricks all the way to the back fence...

Don't know what to do...n this is just the beginning

Welcome to the wonderful world of building LOL!!! Our next door neighbours started before us and after they did the site scrape they dumped all the dirt/ rubbish on our block, when we spoke to our builder they asked us to provide the builders name, SS contact details ( should be somewhere on the front of their block ) our builder then got in touch with the SS and asked for the dirt/ rubbish to be removed and within a week it was, it's worth a try, why should you be responsible for it?
glad to hear you "sort of" have a solution.....

make sure they compensate you for what is fair.....

this is the 3rd story in a week i have heard of carlisle homes (not related issues specifically)....
Just an update pic of the house love the way its turning out

coobri
Just an update pic of the house love the way its turning out

WOW that looks amazing
love your facade and colours!!!
Congrats!
just a cpl more pics the timber on facade has been stained

And ensuite

Cleaner is in house today going through giving it a good clean. Not long now
We are planning to build with CH and our soil test has been done a month ago. I have few querries.Hope someone knows answers for these.
1.Will we get to see the soil report or slab cost details at tender?Is the tender different from sales quote.
2.Will CH provide the renders at no extra cost as per the facades displayed in the internet?
3.Will CH honour the sales quote costs or they increase(we wre hoping they will honour their word and not like other builders)?
Thanks
AAAAK
We are planning to build with CH and our soil test has been done a month ago. I have few querries.Hope someone knows answers for these.
1.Will we get to see the soil report or slab cost details at tender?Is the tender different from sales quote.
2.Will CH provide the renders at no extra cost as per the facades displayed in the internet?
3.Will CH honour the sales quote costs or they increase(we wre hoping they will honour their word and not like other builders)?
Thanks

Yes to all
Thanks for the quick answer.We saw 2 colour render on the internet(facade displayed) and at the colour selection the consultant said we have to pay extra for 1 render colour because there is only 1 render colour as per the plan shown in their system.Yesterday also i saw it on the internet.Do you all think we need to pay extra ?Our tender is this week.
You have to pay extra for a lot of the facades displayed on the internet/in the catalog.
But there is no cost upgrade for the chosen facade.The facade is free as per the quote.
AAAAK
Thanks for the quick answer.We saw 2 colour render on the internet(facade displayed) and at the colour selection the consultant said we have to pay extra for 1 render colour because there is only 1 render colour as per the plan shown in their system.Yesterday also i saw it on the internet.Do you all think we need to pay extra ?Our tender is this week.

Sorry I think it depends on the home you are building we built a home in the Affinity Range so we had a choice of 2 different colours ( we only went with 1 ) and we also wanted render in a place ( entry ) where it wasnt standard so payed extra for that
If they are telling you its extra I would so thats correct you maybe able to ask them to throw it in for free no harm in asking
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum