Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 17 of 34
....and the bricks are looking good

shokel1975
Plaster sheets are up throughout entire house - all done over the weekend. Now it is looking like a house....

What a great time to build a house!
When it's not crazy busy for the builder and contractors and very little rain
MyFirst
shokel1975
Plaster sheets are up throughout entire house - all done over the weekend. Now it is looking like a house....

What a great time to build a house!
When it's not crazy busy for the builder and contractors and very little rain

Yes myfirst, we have been very lucky with the weather. The last of the bricks are going up in the coming days, so the weather shouldn't be a factor anymore
shokel1975

looking good. It starts looking like a home after plaster goes up
what's the height downstairs?
stanus
shokel1975

looking good. It starts looking like a home after plaster goes up
what's the height downstairs?

It certainly does! We have 2550 on both levels. Couldn’t do any higher as we had height restrictions for the roof height, set by council.
Plaster is now complete with all plaster stopping done and now drying. It seems crazy that only 2 months ago (from yesterday) our site scrape happened. Build is moving incredibly fast, but we have still been very happy with the quality and the independent inspector has not found very much wrong with the build at all.

Bricking for rear garage/shed is nearly complete too - then roof trusses and colorbond are to go on - but not too fussed about when that happens - hubby is more excited about seeing the shed than I am!

shokel1975
Plaster is now complete with all plaster stopping done and now drying. It seems crazy that only 2 months ago (from yesterday) our site scrape happened. Build is moving incredibly fast, but we have still been very happy with the quality and the independent inspector has not found very much wrong with the build at all.

Bricking for rear garage/shed is nearly complete too - then roof trusses and colorbond are to go on - but not too fussed about when that happens - hubby is more excited about seeing the shed than I am!

So far I say you hit a "jackpot". Perfect timing to build.. Getting good tradies and fast built.
Absolutely myfirst, so far, so good. Hopefully it continues!
Scaffolding went up today.... top floor ready for cladding.

shokel1975
Scaffolding went up today.... top floor ready for cladding.

Must be ready for lock up soon. Excited!

Hi Shokel1975,
I’m Kate, I’m following your journey with interest. I’m building a Winchester 34 + a Canterbury 25 in Ivanhoe. We site started March 21 (very similar to you) and I reckon we are maybe 2 weeks behind. We’ve stalled a bit this week due to rain but we are laying bricks. Enjoying your updates
Kate3079
Hi Shokel1975,
I’m Kate, I’m following your journey with interest. I’m building a Winchester 34 + a Canterbury 25 in Ivanhoe. We site started March 21 (very similar to you) and I reckon we are maybe 2 weeks behind. We’ve stalled a bit this week due to rain but we are laying bricks. Enjoying your updates

Thanks Kate3079. Wow, I can’t even imagine building two houses at once.... one is enough of a project!!!

Do you have a build thread I can follow? It would be great to follow your build, being that it is so close to my timeline.
This past week.... waterproofing has been done and cabinetry is currently being installed. However, 2 problems in kitchen so far:

1. Wrong colour cabinetry on drawer side of island. It should be Domain, like the rear of the island.
2. We have an upright oven that is meant to stand on legs. For some reason we missed it on the plans, but we have a base panel and kickrail where oven is to go. Hopefully this can be fixed without a variation fee.

Looking good shokel
It is amazing how quickly your build has progressed!
Looks amazing !

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
With the oven, seems to be standard that they install them inbuilt without the feet. Ours is like ready too.

Thank you!
blackcat20
With the oven, seems to be standard that they install them inbuilt without the feet. Ours is like ready too.

We are hoping they will change it. We really wanted more of the industrial look for the oven. I’m annoyed that I missed it in the plans... but then again, I picked up soooo many other wrong things - I guess I can’t get them all!

I reckon the drawers on your island look heaps better in white, and use the side that faces your living room as a feature...

Drew01
I reckon the drawers on your island look heaps better in white, and use the side that faces your living room as a feature...

Thanks Drew, if it can't be changed, we are still happy with the white....
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum