Ooh how exciting gorgeous colour cabinets

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks everyone
lol hubby stopped by again so of course I made him take more pictures

Ensuite

Main bathroom

Laundry

Some of the kitchen. We had a problem..... they didn't allow for our dishwasher so the bench and cabinets are 600 too short. SS picked it up as soon as he saw it and will be fixed ASAP

And our HSTP has been installed

I wrote to Dixon today to say I was holding up the payment as we haven't had any correspondence to say that the leak has been fixed, or if the plasterboard was ok. SS called and said that he's been in the roof and it doesn't look like it's water damaged. Do I just go with this or do I get it in writing?? I would hate for later on down the track for the walls to have to come off etc or even worse get mould because of it. Not 100% sure what else to do in that regards.

I would get it in writing, I recall my workmate had issues with a water leak about 6 months after her build had finished, i'm not sure what the outcome was but she built with Dixon as well.
Very nice looking cabinetry fleabee

It's a bit of a shame that they forgot about the dishwasher but at least the SS has picked it up.
About the leak, I would definitely stress about it and would get an independent inspector out to check it out and get it in writing. That's my 2 cents as I'm a worrier.
Thanks allblaqk & Henry!

I'm going to call them today and see if I can get something in writing! A phone call shouldn't be the only thing they give when it comes to these situations.

Hey flee! Nice week of progress a very nice pendants.. I've gone pendant obsessed for our kitchen so I'm sure eventually we will get some before the house is done.

You gotta be loving cabinets going in! They look great.

In other news, that is terribly stressful water leak saga. If only it could just be done with! If you haven't already, maybe meet with the SS with your hubbie in person, maybe office? and ask them what he would he want to have if in future (someone's word or something in writing) there is something wrong and there is an impasse with warranty claims? Perhaps.. if this H1 forum is still in existence it's admissible as proof of discussion!

Either way might be worth the second opinion of an outsider to confirm the SS findings of it being 'ok'.
ruraldoc
Hey flee! Nice week of progress a very nice pendants.. I've gone pendant obsessed for our kitchen so I'm sure eventually we will get some before the house is done.

You gotta be loving cabinets going in! They look great.

In other news, that is terribly stressful water leak saga. If only it could just be done with! If you haven't already, maybe meet with the SS with your hubbie in person, maybe office? and ask them what he would he want to have if in future (someone's word or something in writing) there is something wrong and there is an impasse with warranty claims? Perhaps.. if this H1 forum is still in existence it's admissible as proof of discussion!

Either way might be worth the second opinion of an outsider to confirm the SS findings of it being 'ok'.

Thanks Rural!
I've had a few emails that I have sent to Dixon in regards to the leak & I have told them that I won't be releasing the funds until I have in writing that it's ok. I also said that this was to cover us in future because the wall could warp/swell and the potential of mould and I want it covered under them if it does happen. As of yet I haven't had a reply from anyone..... so they still don't have their money! I'm not letting this one go cause if we get mould it will spread and more will have to be removed and fixed.
And all of this could have been avoided if they had of put the silicon around the bloody pipe when I told them about it.
I'm kind of waiting for the progress to stop because I haven't paid the invoice.... hoping it will get sorted out this week, but I'm not holding my breathe!

I think you have it right. Just be firm and clear about your points which you have and don't budge. It will be interesting to see if they decide to stop progress...
I have a feel it's worth reading through your contract again and maybe the HIA guidelines with Master builders qld. Might see what your rights and responsibilities are.
ruraldoc
I think you have it right. Just be firm and clear about your points which you have and don't budge. It will be interesting to see if they decide to stop progress...
I have a feel it's worth reading through your contract again and maybe the HIA guidelines with Master builders qld. Might see what your rights and responsibilities are.

Good idea! I'll have a read through tomorrow. They've put the skirting along the bottom of the wall so I'm thinking they're not going to take any of it away and replace it.

Found you! I had a read through all looks to be going well besides the leak. I would want it fixed properly too not just a quick patch job.
Love your selections thus far can't wait to see it all come together.
ABuild
Found you! I had a read through all looks to be going well besides the leak. I would want it fixed properly too not just a quick patch job.
Love your selections thus far can't wait to see it all come together.

Thank you ABuild

I'm hoping it gets fixed properly & now rather than later

Well done for holding firm Fleabee. I hope progress doesn't stop but at the same time it's so important you have assurance from them that you'll be covered for the future.

Just catching up Flea, good on you for taking a firm stance. At the end of the day this is your home and their responsibility to you is to build a great quality home without any water damage. I hope they just fix it and move on and don't be difficult.

Thanks Shellu & Tribe,

They're still going with the progress.... I'm guessing it's not getting replaced as they started painting today!
Told them all I needed was something saying that it's ok & I want it in writing so hopefully that comes soon! To be honest I'm a little over it now.

They didn't allow for our dishwasher in the kitchen bench so they said that would get fixed.... although now we will have a join in our bench top as apparently they don't make them any longer than 3m? Ours is 3.6 so it's going to have a join. I asked a few others in our estate what they had & yep all of them have a join
wish that was something they told you when your doing the kitchen cause I might of made it into an island bench instead so it didn't have a join.

And yesterday they sent us the fixing invoice
that only leaves the practical completion one to go

Bugger they haven't put anything in writing for you yet fleabee. I would be sending emails daily until they get the hint and send a response or at least an acknowledgement.

My bench top was 3.5m long in the last house and they put the join in the stone in the middle of the sink. I really didn't notice it that much, mind you they did a nice join.

Have you seen any sign of your tiles and have they finished your kitchen yet? Hopefully the painters do a great job and remember to paint the top and bottom of your doors so that they don't swell and shrink with the weather changes! Then bring on the tiles.
HENRY
Bugger they haven't put anything in writing for you yet fleabee. I would be sending emails daily until they get the hint and send a response or at least an acknowledgement.

My bench top was 3.5m long in the last house and they put the join in the stone in the middle of the sink. I really didn't notice it that much, mind you they did a nice join.

Have you seen any sign of your tiles and have they finished your kitchen yet? Hopefully the painters do a great job and remember to paint the top and bottom of your doors so that they don't swell and shrink with the weather changes! Then bring on the tiles.

I was told today that they have noted it down on their system....
I'm hoping that they put the join down near the wall side of the bench otherwise it'll look a bit funny 600 from the other end.

No we haven't had any tiles yet that I know of but I have been told that they are due for delivery soon. Apparently our down pipes are getting done tomorrow and paint gets finished Thursday. Seems like it's all happening now

I also rang our realestate today and asked what happens if we need to break our lease and she was great. Even asked if she was losing us already
I know lots of people have bad experiences with realestate agents but ours has been amazing the whole time we have been with them.

Wow you're racing along! You'll be done before you know it!

Related
12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum