Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Dennis Family Homes

Page 17 of 31
luckyaussiemum
Yes the wait over xmas/new years would kill the excitement.
I replied to your post Rondy but it seems to have gone MIA.

[img]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/72719_1485934147.jpg[/img

A couple of pics as asked for by some lady who wanted to see my open living area as she is building same house and wanted a gauge on size. Not the best gauge but you can see what can be jammed in

I hope the speed picks up now for you all

Hope you're enjoying your new home luckyaussiemum. Did you find any fixes after you moved in? Are you happy with the overall quality?

The brickies have started today yay!!!! Hopefully will have some pics soon

Im having a nightmare of a build. We just had our pre plaster inspection and we have about 35 defects. Our frame is starting to build up with mould and some windows are starting to expand due to water. Our roof is bowed, roof tiles are cracked and not installed properly. Termite protection is not visible in some areas, frames are cracked, door frames are cracked. I hate my house already and its not completed yet.

Will reply again after. Just did a detailed reply for my ph to go weird and lose it. So sorry you are having such trouble RT. Sounds bad. Speak to head office or someone up the chain to get answers. Ombudsman??
How awful! I'd definitely try management for some answers. That doesn't sound acceptable to me at all.

I am so upset for you rtforresters. I dont even know what to add. Hope you get some solutions asap x
Thank you everyone , i just had to vent as it's just one thing after another. We're 5 months into our build and we're having so many issues. We're meeting with the site supervisor thursday to go through the report and i want a written plan for how these defects are going to be fixed before we move forward. With the rain the other night it's flooded the house and the insulation in some parts is wet. I want them to be replaced. If he doesn't have an acceptable plan for rectification then ill be speaking with head office to get everything fixed. So stressed. Lenz, I hope your build will be a smoother one but I highly recommend a building inspector

Well, we met with our site supervisor this morning and he's going to fix everything on the report hopefully within 2 weeks. They are having to extend our contract
On the plus side he has given us their best brickie

rtforresters
Well, we met with our site supervisor this morning and he's going to fix everything on the report hopefully within 2 weeks. They are having to extend our contract
On the plus side he has given us their best brickie

Good news. I hope things improve for you from here.

Great news! Fingers crossed its all smooth sailing from here! x
Does anyone have this brickwork above their door or window? It doesnt look right.

Looks a bit odd to me but I am no expert.
After almost 6mths our bricking is almost complete n we have plaster. It looks almost like a house. Hopefully ill have some pics tomorrow to share

Went to the block today and got some photos to share. It's finally getting somewhere.

Looks great!

Can't believe the progress today. We have doors and cabinetry. I can't wait to check it out later. It's all starting to come together

rtforresters
Can't believe the progress today. We have doors and cabinetry. I can't wait to check it out later. It's all starting to come together

So excited things are moving along for you RT. Look forward to seeing some pics.

So much progress today. Here's a few pics
Kitchen cabinets. Makes the kitchen look huge.

Laundry

Ensuite

Powder

Main bathroom

Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum