Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink Midwest First Time Builders - LOCK UP

Page 17 of 19
teresa.hsh
Hi cc, I've just finished reading your thread, wow that's such a speedy progress to date and i feel so happy for you. We are building with Redink too, approx 2 month behind you I think. I hope i will continue to have a smooth ride just like you!

Your driveway really looks nice, it just makes the house look more complete doesn't it?

I look forward to hearing more updates from you. Following.....

Thanks teresa ☺ i love the driveway it makes picturing what the front will look like some landscaping done a lot easier!

We have been very lucky that our SS has been so onto everything/organising trades so the flow of the build has been great. The only issue we have had was the delay with the tiles and then the tiler's injury but we are now back on track. Our new tiler started on monday and is hoping to be finished by Friday. Time permitting i want to go check out what he has done so far after work. So excited to see how our ensuite looks!

Tiles are finished. I would have preferred the original tiler to have been able to complete the job as he was such a perfectionist, the job is still good but there are a few areas that need to be re-grouted i guess this will be done when they do the silicone. I will be pointing this out out to SS. We also feel like there was a mix up with the floor tile in the laundry, i can only guess this was done when the lady was initially writing the names of the tiles down when we did our selection. All the paperwork is the same and the name of the tile matches the paperwork however the picture i took showed a glossy greyish coloured tile but the tile we have received is quite brown. Its not the end of the world but its still annoying. The tiler also picked up that the grout colour wouldnt match the tile which also makes me think there was a mix up.

The flash makes the ensuite look a little yellow, it was getting dark when i went over to take pics. The laundry doesnt look so brown in the picture either i guess it depends on the lighting.
Hi cc your tiles look beautiful! Like the way the feature tiles in the ensuite shower niche shine. The floor tiles are spa stone correct? Look so natural and nice. We will have it for all our tiled areas too, I think ours are beige color. Hope it turns out as lovely as yours.

teresa.hsh
Hi cc your tiles look beautiful! Like the way the feature tiles in the ensuite shower niche shine. The floor tiles are spa stone correct? Look so natural and nice. We will have it for all our tiled areas too, I think ours are beige color. Hope it turns out as lovely as yours.

Thank you
yes floor tiles are spa stone, im sure yours will look lovely cant wait to see them.
We have a garage door. No pictures until they put it down
Can't wait to see the garage door pic cc! What color did you pick?

Garage door is monument, same colour as the roof.
Love the tiling CC. The feature tile in the shower is stunning!
Hi cc, any updates lately? Pci should be just around the corner?

Havent got a PCI date yet but it cant be too far away. Our flooring is booked for the 29th and our SS said we should definitely have keys by then. All our plumbing, gas and electrical is complete. The oven, cooktop and rangehood are in, door handles towel rails ect are all installed. Insulation was done yesterday. All that needs to be done is shower screens, mirrors and robe doors and the clean up.
I wonder how much notice they give before PCI. I still go no date eithers
Only got paving, rangehood and plaster patch left.
robarcher_83
I wonder how much notice they give before PCI. I still go no date eithers
Only got paving, rangehood and plaster patch left.

So close! Hopefully we both get a date next week ☺
So hoping. Can't be too far away.
Hi cc and robarcher, will you use an inspector for your pci? I still wonder how this works because I read that an inspector's finding and report does not have power on the builder?
We won't be (dont think they are used much around our area) my dad is a carpenter and has been looking in at each stage and everything seems fine to him. We have also had a lot of comments from friends with knowledge in certain areas compliment the quality of work on our house so im pretty confident the only issues will be visual (house settling cracks, chipped paint ect) not structural.
Great to see everything coming along well..hope you get a PCI soon!
Yeh I definitely will be using a inspector. Just with the few problems I had at start. The builder still needs to correct the problems the inspector picks up. maybe depends I builder I guess. But it'll be the same as if u pick up a problem. U would need to tell the SS. He wouldn't be able to ignore it I guess.
No locked in pci but SS is aiming for end of next week. Our mirrors, robes and shower screens have been delayed until next week.
Next week. That's excellent if so.

Still nothing for me. They say aiming for end month. I'm sooooooo angry. There's nothing really left to do that will take a month.

Looking good ColleyCrew.. wont be long now!
Related
6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum