Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Spring Farm Riverside *Stage 42 - Ridgeview*

Page 17 of 48
I am sorry i don't want an update email if the VPA isn't approved??? that's just bad news it was on exhibition till the 20th of Jan and it is now the 27th of Feb and nothing is finalised yet? i'm sorry it doesn't take this long?
the media would have a field day with this lot!
Parkview_rs
I am sorry i don't want an update email if the VPA isn't approved??? that's just bad news it was on exhibition till the 20th of Jan and it is now the 27th of Feb and nothing is finalised yet? i'm sorry it doesn't take this long?
the media would have a field day with this lot!

signing off on the VPA will atleast be a council delay and not a Cornish delay for once!!!!!!
Has anybody contacted or emailed Camden council to question them on the VPA and its Progress?
Everyone should start emailing them to show we are eager and want it all sorted ASAP. I think everyone agrees that we would all like to be in before Christmas.
I have called the council before and it went around in circles they kept transferring me to different people.
I will email them today actually
4232, we are all relatively close!
I have just emailed Camden council in regards to the VPA..... For the second time! Hopefully I get a response this time
also up_sprinfarm_creek Colin is prob just telling us the VPA is still waiting for sign off but realistically it prob hasn't even been approved.
i don't think its the council being slow as cornish group like to blame them
The Ebs - i have emailed also
Teamwork
This is an extract from the email I just received from Camden council.

"I can inform you that the developer has only satisfied his obligations as recently as this Wednesday afternoon (25 February). Execution of the VPA is now imminent"
i just received an email back too

Thank you for your email regarding the Cornish Spring Farm VPA.

Council has been working with the developer toward an execution of the VPA in a timely manner. I can inform you that the developer has only satisfied his obligations as recently as this Wednesday afternoon (25 February). Execution of the VPA is now imminent.

I could send you an email when execution occurs and I am always happy to discuss the VPA if you have any further questions.
Typical grrr
The Ebs
This is an extract from the email I just received from Camden council.

"I can inform you that the developer has only satisfied his obligations as recently as this Wednesday afternoon (25 February). Execution of the VPA is now imminent"

this is great news, one would hope this means there will be no delays in getting our land registered
Familygirl
Build14me
Went to check things out today looking good down there spoke to Collin he reckons the next update is due in 1 to 2 weeks so let's wait and see hope this doesn't linger on and on but maybe as he also has a block there things might move along wishful thinking I know.
Familygirl what block is yours ??

We are 4214, Build14me. I just hope I live long enough to actually see it!!!

We are 4207 we back onto you Hi neighbour
The email from Camden Council seems to be reassuring, we can only hope that they expedite the VPA in a timely manner so we can all get on with our building.
Went past tonight, it was too dark to see anything but the machine they were using to lay the tar is now outside the fence and parked on the other side of springs road so one can only assume that they have finished the roads
Yeah we were by there through the day today and they were finishing up the roads and people were absolutely everywhere working. Our block hadn't had the electricals completed last weekend and it looked like that was getting done too. Fingers crossed guys.
Went past and yep roads are all done and they had quite a few workers working on the blocks on the springs rd side
Well that's good to hear! Sooooooooo the works are very very very close to being completed and according to the council, Cornish (the slower ones) have completed there part of the VPA, which should mean that if the VPA gets approved around the 9th March then I can't see why we should have registered land by the end of March?
Checked it out today also does anyone know what the big black and yellow tubes are on the blocks on Springs Rd I thought it might have something to do with Gas lines maybe
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum