Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Grey Gum Estate Kellyville

Page 17 of 25
@Jama4

The childcare will be behind you on the left hand side.
Thanks lalabk.

This is my opposit block.I thought it would be townhouse. This is better.
No this is not my opposite one. But still good. Hope this is a good childcare.
Thanks for the info lalabk.
I'm in two minds about this,, Great to hear we are getting a childcare facility around us. But I thought they were trying to achieve the blue ribbon estate look not sure if this will help and how well the entry and exit to the estate can cope with residence and external traffic in the morning and afternoon

Hi wearemoving,

I am in the same state of mind.
Not really the residential estate advertised with a 60 place childcare and once the apartments and townhouse gets build, traffic to get in and out will be fun.

Has it been approved by council. You can reject the request once it is raised by council. I like the idea of a childcare facility but I agree with you wearemoving, don't need the additional traffic and let's maintain this as a blue ribbon estate
I agree we can reject it once it's raised but I would hate to ruin someone's business cause. I don't want traffic.
I think zoning office made a mistake with residential lots when they were being sold we were told they were low density and the big lots were med to high.
But since the residential lots have now been reg high density they can do what they what with it.
It's sad as I think this will not help the blue ribbon look.

Keep in mind this is your home.. did you want the additional traffic ?
@mystro no I would definitely not want extra traffic, in my head can't justify ruining the dream for someone.
Maybe if I was around the childcare it would be a different story like it would be a major inconvenience on my living STD

@wearemoving then I would reject it on that basis. You purchased the land as low density so if council change it after the fact then their is an issue. I would give council on ultimatum either the child care facility or remove the gates for the net ball courts.
That would be a great idea, I'll be happy for the netball court gates to go and I would also say to release the apartment lands as townhouses no more apartments

Again, I'm on the other side of the estate so council won't listen to me but those that are, I'd raise it before it's too late
Hi all,
When we bought the land we knew there will be town houses and unit in our street. In fact we swapped the land with one in applegum crescent as we wanted one east facing block.

But then we didn't know there will be a gate here for the netball court and now this childcare. But I agree with wearemoving, hate to ruin someone's plan.

It has to be the best child care , I will need a childcare soon.
Then ask for the gate to be removed
Are we talking about removing the gate and let it open or brick it as I would opt for the later.
Really I was thinking it would have been a residential estate but it will become a facility for the estate as we have 83 residential house and then add the extra townhouse and apartment.
Would be good if they gave a discount to estate resident?
Many of us are young family and might need it.
As long as the residence directly in contact with them are not complaining then I am fine.

I'm suggesting brick it up..
Haha lalabk, discount for estate resident is a good idea!!

I will tell council to remove the gate. And also request them to change the apartment block to town house block and add specific clause to this land so townhouses match the estate's blue ribbon status.

And if possible change this land to individual blocks.

I hope they will listen.
Originally the appartments were going to be defence and limited to three stories only but that's changed along the way so not sure where it's at now.
Not sure if I'm keen on a childcare centre in the estate. It's not a facility we will require but if you have young kids great to be close to home. Do we really need another one though there are already 4 within 5 mins drive not to mention the 4 schools already near us and then North Kellyville Public starts construction in 2017 just up the road. I would hate to be next to the childcare centre on bin collection day!!! We will be surrounded by noise and wont hear those beautiful bell birds down by the creek soon.
Personally I'd tried to keep the estate as blue ribbon as possible. In saying this, I'm against both the child care and netball courts access
Related
28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum