Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our custom build in the Barossa - Guided Tour Anyone?????

Page 17 of 25
Looking good - love the glass bricks in the shower - very cool idea.
Hi rebecca

You house is looking great

Love your plan, and really like the glass bricks - wish we had put some in our house.

What colour is your roof, looks similar to mine. You look to be neck in neck with my build, it will great to watch you house take shape.

Oh, and love your location - beautiful.
Lol I just posted about your roof on your thread!!! Windspray?

Thanks for all the kind comments!
We had some more action today!!!! About half our roof is done now!!! WoooHOOOOO!!!!!
Looking amazing - love the glass bricks - will be a nice feature. You must be very happy
Love the glass bricks
Can't wait to see more pictures
Haha!!! Yeah, I am really looking forward to seeing the bricking around them!!

But no more pics until the roof is finished 1 or 2 days to go on that!!!.....maybe I should even hold out until the brickwork is done, they are not half way through that yet!!! lol
Bec, you put as many photos as you want about your roof and bricks!! We love sharing in your excitment as it brings me back to the exciting times of building our own home. Which reminds me to take some photos of the grass next weekend!
gotta love the barossa

we just signed to build on our block (that we already live on in a transportable) in the barossa
saw that you used kersbrook construction and i too have heard a few good things about them
they recently just finished a really small quaint place that i drive past daily, so i saw decent progress on a reg basis

they have a decent rep
they were on our contact list after we had a house designed by an architect (very basic prelim designed on an A4) but never went the owner builder route and went with a well known SA building company instead.

are they your vines in the early pics in the thread??
if so...lucky buggers
Yep, they're ours, and yep, lucky buggers.....although we have about 50 hours of pruning ahead of us at the moment!!! lol

We are v. happy with Kersbrook Cons. You were driving past the one in Williamstown then? We are not owner builders though, in case that is what you thought.... who did you sign with, you'll have to start a thread too!!!

Good luck
Not so my action at my place the last few days
No roofers yesterday, no brickies today.

Greedy me being so disappointed!!! lol
Well it has been so wet and miserable up here in the Barossa.......we went to the block for the first time this week and couldn't believe that the brickies were there!!!! They have been braving it for the last few days and are about round to where our glass blocks are. What troupers. And it looks fabulous!!! But as a bribe I left my iPhone in the car for the kids to play with so they wouldn't get muddy!!! So no pics
But will definitely go tomorrow and get some!!!
Rebecca you are such a tease
Great news about the brickies - 10 out of 10 to them!!
Wow what good brickies
can't wait to see photos
maybe on the weekend
Good idea to leave the kids in the car! I remember how muddy our place was.
rebeccaT
maybe on the weekend

Ahem!
it's the weekend now

Help a girl get her fix as there is still nothing to show at our place....

Thank goodness the weather is improving for a few days. Must be helping dry out your place?
Bec it should be lovely weather this week in the Barossa so I am hoping you get some work done on the hosue. I would like to see all the bricking finished this week please!
Just read your whole thread!!!!!! (im exhusted now...lol)
looking good (after that rocky start!)
glad things are running smoothly now

love the glass bricks in the shower
Thanks so much WO.....

to those that have been hanging out. bricks are done!!! roof is done!!!! have just been waiting on the guys to remove the scaffolding to get a decent pic for you all!!! Will be able to do that late tonight!!!! Till then....
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum