Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 158 of 165
Thanks for your response.
Hi, got another question regarding fencing.

My garage is on the zero boundary but there is still a gap of 150mm between garage wall and the boundary- does it need to be fenced?

Thanks
SkB
Hi, got another question regarding fencing.

My garage is on the zero boundary but there is still a gap of 150mm between garage wall and the boundary- does it need to be fenced?

Thanks

Check with your fencer as we were advised that it is a potential fire hazard
Just wanted to chime in re fencing. I’m in the same position but we are with liverpool council.

We are going to pay for the fencing costs ourselves when we move in as we have our furbaby and would like him to roam free. Also, it will take too long if we waited for our neighbours to respond and also get the cash off them.

I have been told by many people that yes by law we have to share costs but if you pay for it upfront, they don’t have to pay you a cent so keep that in mind if you are paying for it all and hoping to be reimbursed.

If you can wait then I’d say wait until they start building or just absorb the cost and get the fence done.

This is not entirely true. Your first course of action would be to contact the neighbour and this can be done via the respective Council or the builder if they are known. Keep a record of all communications of all attempts to contact the neighour and you can use this if you are to go to a Tribunal. Also, ensure that the fence is what is legally (material and specification) required and nothing overboard - leaving no room for any argument from the neighbour. If time permits, get a few quotes and go with the best one, time and completion time-wise.
Thanks NeilP. I’ve done exactly that.

I’ve sent all the letters through Registered Post, included the quote, site plan and Willowdale design guidelines. All you need to proof is that several attempts were made to get in touch with the neighbor, after all can’t wait for them to respond forever as the property needs to be protected.
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. It's been a stressful building journey, we found the admin stage very painful. Glad that it's almost over, our house is a month away from handover. Can anyone recommend a good landscaper and concreter for driveway please? TIA!
Anyone building\built with Metricon? How did you find them?

How much does installation of new TV antenna cost? I will be moving in couple of weeks and found that there is no TV antenna installed by builder. Thanks.
I have heard that the new estates don't require them as the tv signal comes from the nbn box. don't quote me but it is what a couple builders have told me.

cheers
d12have
I have heard that the new estates don't require them as the tv signal comes from the nbn box. don't quote me but it is what a couple builders have told me.

cheers

Not the case in Willowdale.

Ronkara
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. It's been a stressful building journey, we found the admin stage very painful. Glad that it's almost over, our house is a month away from handover. Can anyone recommend a good landscaper and concreter for driveway please? TIA!

Drive way: Wayne Gardiner @ JNW Concreting. Extremely happy with his work, great communicator, and very reliable. +61 409 484 060

Amien @ Aktive Home Improvements for landscaping. We used him for decking and landscaping at our previous house, and he is in the process of doing our landscaping at our home in Willowdale.

bucksaver
How much does installation of new TV antenna cost? I will be moving in couple of weeks and found that there is no TV antenna installed by builder. Thanks.

We added ours during Electrical Consult with the builder, from memory it was around $400-$450? That price would include builders margin though.
Breannaglamour
bucksaver

We added ours during Electrical Consult with the builder, from memory it was around $400-$450? That price would include builders margin though.

Thanks! I got a quote of $280 from Jim's Antenna for standard antenna & installation. With amplifier it will be $450 if there is a bad reception.
Hi new neighbors, I’m new to willowdale estate and am working through the painful process to get the construction started. I need some help on the Section 94A Contribution fees. Can anyone advise me if this fee to be covered by the us, the home owners to the council or is the willowdale estate covering this fee?
clairebell
Hi new neighbors, I’m new to willowdale estate and am working through the painful process to get the construction started. I need some help on the Section 94A Contribution fees. Can anyone advise me if this fee to be covered by the us, the home owners to the council or is the willowdale estate covering this fee?

Hi Clairebell,

It is covered by Stockland. Just ring up Council and let them know this is part of Willowdale Estate and they will send you an exemption letter.

Good luck with your built.
Awesome. Thank you so much bucksaver.
Anyone here building on everlasting street? Looking for neighbors

bucksaver
clairebell

Hi Clairebell,

It is covered by Stockland. Just ring up Council and let them know this is part of Willowdale Estate and they will send you an exemption letter.

Why would Stockland pay the contribution fee when it’s part of your house build? That doesn’t make sense. I also contacted willowdale and they deny paying anything
Tony Angievski
bucksaver
clairebell

Hi Clairebell,

Why would Stockland pay the contribution fee when it’s part of your house build? That doesn’t make sense. I also contacted willowdale and they deny paying anything

Exemption letter issued by council under Sec 94 A states following : -

"You are now advised the Sec 94A levy is no longer required to be paid to the Council, following the execution of the Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) between Council and the developer, Stockland Development Pty Ltd."
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum