Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Northlakes Estate- Cameron park

Page 158 of 159

Got a custom made mirror with bevel edging for one of the walls in the living room. Size is 3.2m wide x 1.3m high.
Rang bout 4 glass companies. None could do it either to wide or can't bevel that large. But Fast Glass Mayfield / Toronto managed to get a supplier in Sydney to make it. Highly recommend them if u need glass or mirror.

dr_moebius

Got some maraya trees from someone within the estate. They were removing them & gave them away for free. First in best dress. Got them running along my back boundary. That will do as a temporary fence

They could use a water

Yeah they not settling in real well. Got my parents looking after them for me, while im on holidays. Got some hedges out the front also. Some plants going well, others dying or dead. Artificial the way to go i think.

Get some gypsum on the soil before you plant anything else. The clay here is a killer for plants with delicate root systems. Your dad was out watering them when I came past this afternoon

Yeah, we have used the clay breaker material before planting. That's good that my parents r there. They haven't updated me.

Hi all, Merry Christmas. I'm with Optus and its been dreadful for the past week. They are telling me it's NBN technical work going on in the area but I'd like to verify if you are having problems too. Thanks

Dunsyre100
Hi all, Merry Christmas. I'm with Optus and its been dreadful for the past week. They are telling me it's NBN technical work going on in the area but I'd like to verify if you are having problems too. Thanks

I'm with TPG and haven't really had any problems. I downloaded some huge files for work today and it was normal speed.

It's Optus. Wow!... They have just advised me to go with another NBN provider due to their technical difficulties in cameron park area.

Dunsyre100
It's Optus. Wow!... They have just advised me to go with another NBN provider due to their technical difficulties in cameron park area.

They have now sent me 3 modems all up as if that is to fix the slowness. I haven't been told what you've been told. Have they offered a refund? Its annoying because I actually like the $95 a month deal with fetch entertainment pack.

I have the exact same entertainment pack. Optus are even helping me change to a different provider as they cannot give me an end date to the technical difficulties which are on their local servers.

Dunsyre100
I have the exact same entertainment pack. Optus are even helping me change to a different provider as they cannot give me an end date to the technical difficulties which are on their local servers.

Thanks for the info, did you just speak to technical support?

dr_moebius

Got a custom made mirror with bevel edging for one of the walls in the living room. Size is 3.2m wide x 1.3m high.
Rang bout 4 glass companies. None could do it either to wide or can't bevel that large. But Fast Glass Mayfield / Toronto managed to get a supplier in Sydney to make it. Highly recommend them if u need glass or mirror.

I worked at a newspaper for 30 years. There's an unwritten rule that if you deliberately or accidentally photograph yourself in a pic, it's your round. You owe us all a beer!

Having said that, it's looking great!
Yarborough
Dunsyre100

I spoke with technical support twice yesterday and today I'll make the change. I will call the Optus' technical transfer team today and let you know how it ends up.

Dunsyre100

Dunsyre100
Yarborough
Dunsyre100

I spoke with technical support twice yesterday and today I'll make the change. I will call the Optus' technical transfer team today and let you know how it ends up.

Much appreciated. I'm leaning to Skymesh at the moment - couple of very satisfied customers on your street.

yes only technical support so far. I was looking at Exetel as a few people on the street are with them and have no issues. I will check out the skymesh

Dunsyre100
yes only technical support so far. I was looking at Exetel as a few people on the street are with them and have no issues. I will check out the skymesh

Howd you go?

Yarborough
Dunsyre100

Howd you go?

Exetel up and running today (less than 48hrs).

Optus cancelled. No cost to us as telco unable to fulfil their obligations.

Anyone reading this: Do not purchase Optus NBN in Cameron Park as they have "new technical difficulties which will take a significant time to rectify". Meaning unusable (less than 1mbps) internet speeds.

On another note, I think my bin (recycle) was stolen today. I didn't have a chance to look around properly but I couldn't see it anywhere along the street before we left for dinner.
Dunsyre100

Howd you go?
Dunsyre100
On another note, I think my bin (recycle) was stolen today. I didn't have a chance to look around properly but I couldn't see it anywhere along the street before we left for dinner.

That's "rubbish" about the bin.

Thanks for the Optus update. Did they ask you to return the fetch box?

Yarborough
Thanks for the Optus update. Did they ask you to return the fetch box?

They did, and the pre-paid overnight satchel they sent out travelled a lot quicker than their internet!
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum