Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 154 of 165
bucksaver
NixST
Hi Willowdalers, we are moving to Willowdale in next few months. Wondering which primary schools you are sending your children to. We visited Leppington public school and they told us that Willowdale is in their catchment area now; It is not Robert Townson public school now, the department of education website is yet to be updated.

Is Leppington public school good and do we have many kids going there?

Thanks

We will be moving mid next year to Willowdale. We visited Leppington Public School to meet Principal and check the school couple of months ago, we felt school was good and decent. They are multicultured and supportive.

Thanks. We also had a meeting with the principal. Are you also considering other public schools around?

Hi future neighbours,

My partner and I are in Stage 16A and will be building our first home here.

Just looking for recommendations for a builder, our budget is 230K.

We visited the Willowdale display village and the two builders Elderton Homes and Simonds were the ones that stood out the most that fit within our budget. Has anyone built with them before? I checked out some reviews online and it looks like Elderton is new to the business with 13 reviews, average 2.6/5 - whereas Simonds has over 700 reviews, average 3.8/5

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers,
Shannon

Just wondering if anyone have done your BAL assessment from Stage 15 or Stage 16?

My understanding is if you have no vegetation or tall trees within 100m diameter, then BAL rating is 0 & no special construction requirement.

Is that new proposed park will affect our BAL rating for having some trees there?
Hi we are looking at buying in Willowdale and was wondering if someone can advise whether it is an estate with community title like Harrington Grove? I.e are there ongoing levies associated with living in this estate?
e37
Hi we are looking at buying in Willowdale and was wondering if someone can advise whether it is an estate with community title like Harrington Grove? I.e are there ongoing levies associated with living in this estate?

Hi e37,
I’ve had the land in my name since June 2014, & house on it completed since Nov 2015, & throughout that time to date I have not paid anything with regards to the house or land besides rates & water. Maybe your conveyancer/lawyer can advise..? I’m in stage 1B Willowdale.
All the best with it.

Sent from my iThing via Tapatalk
d12have
im in 15F so hopefully within the next few weeks.

spoke to stocklands and they advised they should have the council approval now/next few days. then it goes to LPI which takes another 2 weeks. then i believe it is 14 days to settle. Im checking daily to see if its been submitted to LPI

got all my loan documents yesterday and will be sent tomorrow so all is sorted for me thankfully.

cheers

I have received notification from my conveyencer that the land will be registered in next 2 to 3 weeks. Not sure how long it will take to complete the LPI and settlement I'm in stage 15B
15B was registered today as per the LPI website.

You should expect contact from your lawyer within the next day or so

15C should be tomorrow, D day after, etc. This is provided there are no issues with the documentation.

cheers
hi thanks for the information. is there a DP number for stage 15B, so that I can check if my lot has been registered?

thanks
Prakash
Prakashkashyap
hi thanks for the information. is there a DP number for stage 15B, so that I can check if my lot has been registered?

thanks
Prakash

Hi Prakash,

I think 15B plan number is DP1218624

It is showing "registered today" in LPI website
thanks..
here is the information

LAND AND PROPERTY INFORMATION NEW SOUTH WALES - PLAN INQUIRY
------------------------------------------------------------

Plan Number: DP1218624

Plan Purpose: SUBDIVISION

Title System: TORRENS SURVEY

First Lot: 1645 Last Lot: 1767

No. of Sheets: 5

Plan Registration Date: 10/10/2017

Signature/Admin Sheet: Y

Section 88B Easement: 12

Surveyor: TERRY EDWARD BARTLETT

Surveyor Reference: 600319 DP-54

Council: CAMPBELLTOWN
Approval Date: 20/9/2017 Approval Number: 57 OF 2017

County: CUMBERLAND Parish: MINTO
looks like we are getting close. 15C was registered yesterday and 15D will be today.

for those that want to track, the DP numbers are:

15C - DP1218625
15D - DP1218626
15E - DP1218627
15F - DP1218628

I have noticed that once registered it takes a few days for the map to update, but once it has you can search your lot and find your new address by searching as follows:

your lot number/your dp number (without dp). E.g., 1640/1218623

cheers
d12have
looks like we are getting close. 15C was registered yesterday and 15D will be today.

for those that want to track, the DP numbers are:

15C - DP1218625
15D - DP1218626
15E - DP1218627
15F - DP1218628

I have noticed that once registered it takes a few days for the map to update, but once it has you can search your lot and find your new address by searching as follows:

your lot number/your dp number (without dp). E.g., 1640/1218623

cheers
How do you find the DP numbers? Any idea what this is for Stage 16A?

a page or 2 back someone posted the dp for 15A and I guessed and found them from there.

though when it was sent to LPI stocklands sent the DP number to our lawyer.

just to add to my last post, 15D & E were registered today. only F left

cheers
Really exciting. Getting close to Settlement now for Stages 15B - 15F.

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen a recent price list for the newer land releases? have they increased a lot?
missanita

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen a recent price list for the newer land releases? have they increased a lot?

I've been told (2nd hand through someone who told them) there were blocks being sold for $600k 450sqm.
nivesy
missanita

I've been told (2nd hand through someone who told them) there were blocks being sold for $600k 450sqm.

Here are the prices from next release happening tomorrow. Prices have gone up significantly.

Cheers,
Krishna

L4 a home
Hi future neighbours,

We visited the Willowdale display village and the two builders Elderton Homes and Simonds were the ones that stood out the most that fit within our budget. Has anyone built with them before? I checked out some reviews online and it looks like Elderton is new to the business with 13 reviews, average 2.6/5 - whereas Simonds has over 700 reviews, average 3.8/5

Cheers,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I don't want to kill your excitement, but it is nearly impossible to get a construction for 230k. Prices what you see with these builders are base prices you need to add so.many other things to it.

Just be cautious with cheaper builders, they are cheap with for a reason.

Good luck with your built.

bucksaver
L4 a home
Hi future neighbours,

Cheers,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I don't want to kill your excitement, but it is nearly impossible to get a construction for 230k. Prices what you see with these builders are base prices you need to add so.many other things to it.

Just be cautious with cheaper builders, they are cheap with for a reason.

Good luck with your built.

Hi bucksaver, do you have a list of things which are additional on top of construction base price?

230k gets us a basic house with not too much inclusive, aircon, no landscaping or fencing - I'm gonna be doing all the landscaping myself.

If 230k gets us a crappy basic house, how much expected are we to pay for all the other stuff which is needed?

Cheers,
Shannon

keep in mind that willowdale is a high salinity area. All quotes you get are for M class slabs and we need H class. depending on house size it can cost up to an extra 10k.

some kit homes (e.g., Masterton) do not include floor coverings in their price. this is charged in addition to base price.

then there are the upgrades, which everyone picks some. I don't think you will ever find an absolute base house ever built as they are pretty crap. whether it is tile choice, cupboards, robes, kitchen, bathroom, electrical. its almost endless.

They specifically make houses incomplete so you have to do upgrades. These can cost anywhere from $20k up to $200k.

cheers
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum