Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at bunya???

Page 154 of 221
jewel18
alok
jewel18
OMG Bunya 2012..thats a good news....good to see ppl moving in there new house....
We all are waiting for our turn now...
Congrats Bunya2012...what a fantastic news....

Guys need a bit of help about blinds...
I cant decide between vertical or roller...
Blind compnay saying go for roller all over the house...i just think vertical gives you more flexibilty for sliding doors and a 3 stacker door i have in the family room.
blind company also advised they can put roller blinds in half for sliding doors and 2 half one covering 1/3 and the other covering 2/3 for the 3 stacker door.
I liked that but still unsure about the practicality...
I really like the roller blinds but as advised vertical are so much more flexible..
can you guys share some of your thoughts on this please.

We are planning on getting rollers for all our windows. And vertical for sliding doors - as you say it provides more flexibility.

Hi Alok,

Thats for your input.
this is what i wanted to do in the first place however, will a vertical and a roller blind in the same room look good?
I have 1 3stacker, 1 sliding and 2 windows in 1 big room which is a open area with kitchen, family and dinind room.

That was my initial concern as well. We have a similar setup (one room with stacker, sliding and windows), I'm thinking as long as the colours are consistent between your roller and vertical, it will look fine.
bumblebees
htaco, if you want someone to have a look at your plans and warn you about potential DRP hazards let me know, I'm happy to help. At least it won't come as a complete shock.

Thanks for the offer but at this stage I will leave it to the DRP gods and hope for the best.

I might take you up on the offer after they get back with what needs changing.
iankun
jewel18
OMG Bunya 2012..thats a good news....good to see ppl moving in there new house....
We all are waiting for our turn now...
Congrats Bunya2012...what a fantastic news....

Guys need a bit of help about blinds...
I cant decide between vertical or roller...
Blind compnay saying go for roller all over the house...i just think vertical gives you more flexibilty for sliding doors and a 3 stacker door i have in the family room.
blind company also advised they can put roller blinds in half for sliding doors and 2 half one covering 1/3 and the other covering 2/3 for the 3 stacker door.
I liked that but still unsure about the practicality...
I really like the roller blinds but as advised vertical are so much more flexible..
can you guys share some of your thoughts on this please.

I'm looking to get roller blinds as they're just easier to deal with & maintain (As long as they dont fall). They're also barely visible when opened up - IMO this classifies it as modern

All the display homes seem to have plantation shutters and I do love them, but they come at a price. So for now, they're out.

Sooooo.....whens your house warming party?

Iankun thanks for the advice...we see how i go..
house warming pary is still far...i think not before end on oct or start of nov...
u say hows is ur house progressing?
jewel18
house warming pary is still far...i think not before end on oct or start of nov...

My Update: The settlement is in 10 mins @ 2pm today

Ended up paying just over $1k in penalty interest to get to this day.
iankun
jewel18

My Update: The settlement is in 10 mins @ 2pm today

Ended up paying just over $1k in penalty interest to get to this day.

Well Done Iankun
Oh congrats Iankun! You are now the proud owner of a block of land!!!!
This Company has good reviews on Whirlpool,

They have a price calc. Small windows are really cheap for Plantation shutters around $50 to $100

Large ones are like a $1,000 or so. Doors $2000 But overall seem cheap.

http://www.ishutters.com.au/forms/plantation?room=0

http://www.ishutters.com.au/plantation-shutters/gallery

Quote from Whirlpool:
"My husband wrote the initial post . Initially I was a little sceptical I have to admit but having said that the roller shutters were delivered on time with not problems, I did hold my breath with the plantations as they are inside the house and I was worried what the quality was like. After having had Plantation Shutters before from some of the better known comapnies, during other renovations, I was wondering if the money "saved" would be worth it.

I am happy to report that I was mistaken to be worried, I am very happy with the shutters. The installer came this morning and the job is now completed. The shutters look great and it was a nice touch that he vacuumed after himself.

I would use http://www.ishutters.com.au in the future, all said and done the only hassel was getting the measurements into the web site but that was not too difficult and the guy that installed the shutters turned up the day after the order was placed to do the measure".

From their website:

Plantation Shutters are the ultimate luxury in internal window treatment, each shutter is a bespoke product designed and manufactured to integrate with your home. Plantation Shutters provide the "WOW FACTOR" better than any other window dressing.

Plantation shutters have that timeless appeal, unlike curtains they do not go out of fashion as the trends in fabrics change, they match tastes and décor from contemporary to traditional.

Plantation Shutters are ideal for controlling both light and ventilation and privacy. Our Shutters are quality made and professionally installed thus becoming a real asset to your home. The solid non toxic synthetic material used to manufacture our Plantation Shutters offers greater insulation properties than timber with a dependable paint finish that still gives the looks and feel of timber. Unlike timber Plantation Shutters our Plantation Shutters will not crack or rot due to the environment they are in.

Our Plantation Shutters can be used in all wet areas enhancing the appearance of kitchens and bathrooms. Plantation Shutters are available in hinged, fixed, sliding or bi-folding configurations.

iShutters uses the clearview type control (as pictured) on all plantation shutters. The control is positioned between the window and the shutter so it is well hidden when inside the room giving that clean look. This simple control type is reliable and visually unobtrusive.

Timeframes

Our standard turnaround time for Plantation Shutters is 6-8 weeks from receipt of deposit payment. Should there be any unforeseen delay we will call you to advise.
alok
jmn141
Hi everyone, just got our internet connection last night. 6 weeks after we moved in! We have requested for connection right after PCI but NBN had a problem with the address. They were so slow in resolving issues, good thing we know reliable people from MyNetfone (internet provider). We're also lucky that the NBN technician sent to us is really good and patient. There were lots of issues in the connection set up and he worked for us from 9:30am-11am then came back in arvo 2:30pm-6pm.

Hi jmn141,

I'm glad you finally got internet sorted out. Can you please elaborate what issues you were facing? Just so the rest of us know what we may need t plan for.

Hi Alok,

When we requested for connection, NBN said that there is already an existing active service on our address. It took them more than a month to figure out the error in their system.

As to the actual installation day, something is wrong with the wiring so the technician had to redo it from our house to the other house at the end of the street. Luckily we had a very good technician who went out of his way to install new cable. Otherwise, we will have to wait for another appointment to get it fix, which may take up to one month.
jmn141
alok
jmn141
Hi everyone, just got our internet connection last night. 6 weeks after we moved in! We have requested for connection right after PCI but NBN had a problem with the address. They were so slow in resolving issues, good thing we know reliable people from MyNetfone (internet provider). We're also lucky that the NBN technician sent to us is really good and patient. There were lots of issues in the connection set up and he worked for us from 9:30am-11am then came back in arvo 2:30pm-6pm.

Hi jmn141,

I'm glad you finally got internet sorted out. Can you please elaborate what issues you were facing? Just so the rest of us know what we may need t plan for.

Hi Alok,

When we requested for connection, NBN said that there is already an existing active service on our address. It took them more than a month to figure out the error in their system.

As to the actual installation day, something is wrong with the wiring so the technician had to redo it from our house to the other house at the end of the street. Luckily we had a very good technician who went out of his way to install new cable. Otherwise, we will have to wait for another appointment to get it fix, which may take up to one month.

Wait a month for an appointment.....LOL

Superfast internet..just takes a month to get 3 kms from Blacktown exchange to Bunya LOL

I think by the time my house is built, Liberals will already have put the screws on NBN, so they will not have as
much work as now....and we may get an appointment within a fortnight.
jmn141
alok
jmn141

Hi jmn141,

Hi Alok,

Thanks for that jmn141, we'll have to get the ball rolling early to account for incompetence!

How's the speed? Hit up speedtest.net and please share
CapnJen
Haha yes I was wearing a black dress. Well, since I am there everyday, after you go on holidays I will take pics of your property and send you private messages with them in it so you can keep an eye out on things. That's if you don't have family doing that already.

Hi CapnJen

Did you get my PM's. Tried 4 times. They seem to be stuck in my outbox
Thanks for that jmn141, we'll have to get the ball rolling early to account for incompetence!

[/quote]

It is very fast. 23.4 mbps download.
jmn141

It is very fast. 23.4 mbps download.[/quote]

That is cool....what NBN tier are u on ?

Is the above speed being throttled by your connection, or is it the server at Speedtest.net

Cheers
sting1
jmn141

It is very fast. 23.4 mbps download.

That is cool....what NBN tier are u on ?

Is the above speed being throttled by your connection, or is it the server at Speedtest.net

Cheers[/quote]

Also what is your upload speed? The speed is fast but normal high end telstra cable can give 30mbps, so comparatively its nothing special.
Just out of curiosity...did anyone receive a copy of home building certificate of insurance? If so at what point?
Fair trading states you should receive if once you sign the contract and before you pay the deposit.

- now Free
1st-Build52
Just out of curiosity...did anyone receive a copy of home building certificate of insurance? If so at what point?
Fair trading states you should receive if once you sign the contract and before you pay the deposit.

- now Free

I received the Home Building insurance certificate about 7 days after contract signing. I actually called the insurer prior to receipt (the day after signing the contract) to ensure the builder had applied. The builder has a week to produce the insurance otherwise the contract is null and void. If you are up to contract signing bring along the webpage that states that from Fair Trading. You should not sign the contract unless the builder can assure you they have already applied for the insurance.
Whytee
1st-Build52

- now Free

I received the Home Building insurance certificate about 7 days after contract signing. I actually called the insurer prior to receipt (the day after signing the contract) to ensure the builder had applied. The builder has a week to produce the insurance otherwise the contract is null and void. If you are up to contract signing bring along the webpage that states that from Fair Trading. You should not sign the contract unless the builder can assure you they have already applied for the insurance.

If your builder does not know about this then it is a very good indication that you should not be signing that contract or paying the deposit.
Hi All,
I have managed to secure a priority no for the latest release - 6A.
Is it possible to get pre approve from DRP and get land valuation from the bank before exchange the contract?
Sorry for the dump question, I'm still trying to understand the whole process.
Congratz Iankun....You are a proud owner of a land now....
Party Time...

Guys Ill be at Bunya on saturday mornign arnd 10am if anyone interested in meeting and some chit chat....lol
Joy1
Hi All,
I have managed to secure a priority no for the latest release - 6A.
Is it possible to get pre approve from DRP and get land valuation from the bank before exchange the contract?
Sorry for the dump question, I'm still trying to understand the whole process.

Congratulations in getting a priority number! Was there a lot people in the que?

In my experience getting Pre approval from DRP prior to exchange would be impossible due to the time frame it took for my builder to present the tender and draw the plans. Exchange is 30 days from lots reservation. There are some here on this forum who have not been able to get pre approval even before settlement (90 days from reservation).

- now Free
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum