Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Gogo's build- outdoor update 99% done

Page 154 of 217
Thanks for your wonderful comments

The travetine came in three colours with our one being the medium toned one, the lighter one was nearly white and looked amazing but everyone quickly reminded me of red wine
even with it sealed it would forever look dirty and we would always be hosing it down to keep it clean, so hoping the medium is a nice compromise
ha ha, very good point about red wine. That was one of the reasons I went darker tiles in the living area too (and let go of my white dream! leave that for the benchtops). We are hopeless cleaners
Hey GoGo!! Beautiful travertine, just love it! And your balustrades look excellent after their shaky start! How's the kitchen, is that all done now? Any other lights to go in other than downlights?
nina marie
Hey GoGo!! Beautiful travertine, just love it! And your balustrades look excellent after their shaky start! How's the kitchen, is that all done now? Any other lights to go in other than downlights?

Thanks Nina,
Shouldn't you be recovering in hospital somewhere???
Kitchen still a work in progress but I did have a phonecall from builder an hour ago asking about my sink as they were about to cut my stone on site, so looks like I have stone today
still no doors or drawer fronts.
We have more lights to be installed in main void, we have 4 LED wall lights and also two LED lights in stairwell, pendant lights in kitchen, light in study and DD's room and WIR's to be installed. Haven't chosen a light for lounge or main bedroom yet, so will buy them later and get DS to install. Other than that yep rest are downlights in living areas.
So a big day with lots of progress today, which is exciting but as usual not everything went to plan

Stone benchtops went in, but the mainisland bench apparently had a bad join, so was removed to be fixed, but still have the bench under the window and inside my $500 pantry(or maybe it was $800,
but whatever it was, was a fantastic price) rangehood installed, some drawer fronts and cupboard doors on, stone benchtop in laundry installed, was getting dark so didnt get too many photos,
shower screens being installed when I visited so got a photo of downstairs one and electrician has started fit out, most powerpoints etc have the front bits on, so very happy.
Bamboo being installed tomorrow in main entry.

Pantry, just plain white laminate and QQ stone top but still looks amazing for the price, fridge space on left hand side when you walk in

and downstairs shower screen
gogo65
Plumbers had been back and connected up more downpipes and stuff and installed my bath
and a couple of shower rails.

Wow wow wow Gogo just caught up with this pic. Your bathroom is going to be soooo glamorous!! Even though it's not purple, I LOVE it already
Treeseachanger
Your bathroom is going to be soooo glamorous!! Even though it's not purple, I LOVE it already

OK, alright, enough already with the purple bath joke. I
every time.

gogo - awesome, awesome, awesome progress. I hope your spirits are lifting again...
Wow - that kitchen looks great already! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Well done you!
Hooray for progress. That is a great price for your pantry - whichever one it was I still think its a bargain! How exciting seeing your stone benchtops, looking forward to seeing the island in.

SunshineT
every time.

T don't
I honestly think a purple bath would look cool
Kitchen is looking good......and fancy pantry with stone benchtops, will look lovely. Just a bit Jealous!
Kitchen is looking great. When do the stairs get stained and finished?
Have you given notice yet? I am itching to give notice but need to cool my heels until certain things have been done.
Called Telstra to organise the phone connection today. I wonder what they will come back and tell me in 2 days about the connection and service availability. Did yours get sorted?
Vess
Kitchen is looking great. When do the stairs get stained and finished?
Have you given notice yet? I am itching to give notice but need to cool my heels until certain things have been done.
Called Telstra to organise the phone connection today. I wonder what they will come back and tell me in 2 days about the connection and service availability. Did yours get sorted?

I think stairs will be stained at the very end.
We had arranged Telstra already for installation on July 31st but will change that to the following week, was due to give our three weeks notice today but didn't
just didn't feel confident that the house will be finished in time, so most likely give it next Thursday
Onewheel
Kitchen is looking good......and fancy pantry with stone benchtops, will look lovely. Just a bit Jealous!

Thanks onewheel wasnt planning on a fancy pantry at all just shelves but when the cabinet maker told us the price I couldn't resist,

greenfish
Hooray for progress. That is a great price for your pantry - whichever one it was I still think its a bargain! How exciting seeing your stone benchtops, looking forward to seeing the island in.

SunshineT
every time.

T don't
I honestly think a purple bath would look cool

that's it T promise no more purple jokes
Agree a big bargain on the pantry fit out, he was able to use off cuts of stone, and then just plain laminate which made it look good without the huge costs of a butlers pantry, oh and I have handles in there
limesoda
Wow - that kitchen looks great already! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Well done you!

Thanks limesoda, it would have been good for the whole bench to be in today but would prefer that it was done right, apparently will be back in the next couple of days
SunshineT
Treeseachanger
Your bathroom is going to be soooo glamorous!! Even though it's not purple, I LOVE it already

every time.

gogo - awesome, awesome, awesome progress. I hope your spirits are lifting again...

Yeah finally feeling the end may be in site, we have been in our rental for nearly 12 months and here we thought we would only be renting for 6 months
Hey gogo, when timers came to your place what electricity did they use? This morning they they asked me to run an extension cord from neighbors house but they can't do that every day. DH and I were wondering what they do in new estates where no existing neighbors?
They had a generator T,
With our timber floor install tomorrow, we had to supply a generator, thankfully DH has one at work, we did actually have one in our theatre room, asked A if the timber floor people could use it, he said Yes, then it disappeared today, so scrambled to get one for the morning
You could've run extension cord to my place. Seriously! Others have done it so why not.
SunshineT
Hey gogo, when timers came to your place what electricity did they use? This morning they they asked me to run an extension cord from neighbors house but they can't do that every day. DH and I were wondering what they do in new estates where no existing neighbors?

We had the power box fitted to the frame and power connected at frame stage so it was available for all trades. Water was also connected at piering stage.
Never crossed my mind Vess,
thanks for the offer but generator already sitting in my car.
Gogo
It is all looking fabulous & so close now. Quit moaning about 1 year in the rental, we should be so lucky, we will be looking at 2 years in September, with the whole Westminster collapse & what I think must be one of slowest District Councils in Australia. I thought 9 months in a rental was realistic, Ha!
It is all coming together gogo... you must be so excited. It all looks great.

I agree with the quit complaining bit....we thought 12-15months was realistic..... first rental got sold (6 months straight of open houses every saturday) so an extra move and almost 2 years and 2 months since we moved out of our last home!!!!!! Are the violins playing for me..

In regards to giving notice at your rental - it is a luxury to have time to move from one place to the other... cleaning and packing last minute stuff so the extra week that you may pay in rent is so worth it. Having moved 8 times in the last 10 years - I am some what of an expert!!!!
Thanks gogo for that info. No tilers on site today, so I am assuming it is coz their generator is on another site.

We have water connected to site already which all the trades use.
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum