Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 153 of 172
7th_Cavalry
Jacinta.C
Does anyone know roughly how much we are looking at for a H2 slab (28sq)? We receieved soil reports from our previous builder today, stating Class P, H2 soil. Obviously we are hoping for better with Boutique. Just wanting to prepare ourselves for the worst.

Hi Jacinta I dont think there is s specific cost for the slab it should be included on the basic house package price what you should look for is the site cost as that is added to the basic house price and is a variable amount. It depends on how rocky your area is or if it is sloping and requires things to make your slab stable ... ask around how much are the typical site cost in the area that will give you the cost.

Thanks for the quick reply
. Our site levels are good, reasonably flat. However our soil came back as clay - highly reactive (H2). Unfortunately we are in Stage 1 of our estate, so won't be able to ask around. I have sent an email through to Boutique though, as they were also doing soil reports for us a few months ago. Hopefully our site costs are available before our contract signing

If you live in the northern suburbs of Melb which is a bit volcanic The average cost is 20 to 40k.

Quick question ... can you withhold payment for the last billing if there are issues before the handover ? And how do you impose to boutique to fix them ? Just asking ... advance planning Im still 2 months away from handover.

Hi mate, take a look on this thread around page 40-50 people were discussing that.

7th_Cavalry
Quick question ... can you withhold payment for the last billing if there are issues before the handover ? And how do you impose to boutique to fix them ? Just asking ... advance planning Im still 2 months away from handover.

Yes final payment you can withhold on the condition you have not signed the final inspection being completed. If u are getting independent inspector u can also use that report but....after them fixing the work (they have 7 days) u have to go through and sign off. Until final payment is made, the house won't be urs. We signed and settled whilst work was still unfinished on the condition they rectified everything asap (it was in writing).

Ozden86
7th_Cavalry

Yes final payment you can withhold on the condition you have not signed the final inspection being completed. If u are getting independent inspector u can also use that report but....after them fixing the work (they have 7 days) u have to go through and sign off. Until final payment is made, the house won't be urs. We signed and settled whilst work was still unfinished on the condition they rectified everything asap (it was in writing).

Thanks Ozden will bear that in mind.

Ozden86
7th_Cavalry

How did you go with the rectification? Was it done ASAP or dragged out?

Jadeypox
Ozden86
7th_Cavalry

On my case Jadey when Darbecca issued the report...I asked for boutique to give a plan and timeframe for rectification it should be in writing...some can be fixed immediately others are fixed at later part of the build stage..Dabecca then revisits those issues on their next visit to check if they were rectified.

7th_Cavalry
Jadeypox
Ozden86
[quote="7th_Cavalry"]Quick question ... can you withhold payment for the last billing if there are issues before the handover ? And how do you impose to boutique to fix them ? Just asking ... advance planning Im still 2 months away from handover.

On my case Jadey when Darbecca issued the report...I asked for boutique to give a plan and timeframe for rectification it should be in writing...some can be fixed immediately others are fixed at later part of the build stage..Dabecca then revisits those issues on their next visit to check if they were rectified.

[/quote]
Awesome! Thanks for the advice and assurance

Hi guys, anyone knows how long could take to henley homes to build a doble storey home. ..

Juanse1981
Hi guys, anyone knows how long could take to henley homes to build a doble storey home. ..

You are in the wrong forum mate this is Boutique homes forum.

Quick question is the plaster between your ceiling and walls have big gaps in between I know they will put a cornice on them but some of the gaps is more than 50mm ... is this standard ?

Hey so whilst waiting for developers approval I have been trying to piece out a budget.. I'm stuck on window dressing approx cost. I'm thinking sheers then a block out type thing but I honestly haven't had a good look! We are building Chelsea 23. With a window splashback does anyone have a rough ball park for me to play with. I am not a heavy curtain sort of person, I would prefer our rooms look bigger but not be able to be peered through from the outside at night

Thanks ahead for all your opinions

Jadeypox
Hey so whilst waiting for developers approval I have been trying to piece out a budget.. I'm stuck on window dressing approx cost. I'm thinking sheers then a block out type thing but I honestly haven't had a good look! We are building Chelsea 23. With a window splashback does anyone have a rough ball park for me to play with. I am not a heavy curtain sort of person, I would prefer our rooms look bigger but not be able to be peered through from the outside at night

I got a quote for all my windows and sliding doors for a blockout blinds at dollar and curtain for $3.2 - $4k

Jadeypox

You are looking at big $$$$ for sheer curtains. I got a rough quote for sheer curtains and it was only for master, main living and 2nd living area rest were all dual blinds I was looking at 17k

Ozden86
Jadeypox

You are looking at big $$$$ for sheer curtains. I got a rough quote for sheer curtains and it was only for master, main living and 2nd living area rest were all dual blinds I was looking at 17k

My mum has sheers from spotlight we looked at dollar curtains a few weeks ago and they wanted a ridiculous price for the same material ones she ended up getting from spotlight (worked out $100) a window she has big bay windows. I'm more so looking at the quote for blockout. It may depend on the type. We have a 15month old so I don't want to top dollar those curtains at his age at the moment. Appreciate your response! Hopefully you found a better option!

We have been through our blind process. More details in my blog post with example photos.

http://tropezienadventure.blogspot.com. ... quote.html

Basically we have dual roller blinds in most areas. 1 block out blind and 1 screen blind. We also have pelmets above all windows.

We also have two feature windows which have wall to wall, ceiling to floor sheer curtains with a block out blind underneath

All up, just under 10K for a 31 square home.
measure
We have been through our blind process. More details in my blog post with example photos.

http://tropezienadventure.blogspot.com. ... quote.html

Basically we have dual roller blinds in most areas. 1 block out blind and 1 screen blind. We also have pelmets above all windows.

We also have two feature windows which have wall to wall, ceiling to floor sheer curtains with a block out blind underneath

All up, just under 10K for a 31 square home.

Thanks il read through that!!

Cabinetry in!

measure
Cabinetry in!

Nice one measure ... im also getting there are there rubbish thrown in your area as well ?

Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum