Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden - Votivo 43

Page 16 of 26
Ezza78
We have a sub floor, and the start of a porch!

And hats off to the Arden framers sticking out past 3pm in 37 degrees!
[IMG]

Looking good Ezza and also looks like they r going to start upper level probably tomorrow
pEast
Ezza78

[IMG]

Looking good Ezza and also looks like they r going to start upper level probably tomorrow
Is the frame stick built or pre-built frame?

Pre fab frame. First floor walls arrive tomorrow!

ribbox
pEast
Ezza78

[IMG]

Is the frame stick built or pre-built frame?

I think it mentions in inclusions as pre-fab now
And up we go!

Looks great Ezza, you've almost caught up to us and our slab was poured a month before you...

Who is your SS?

Edit: Just saw JL. Hopefully he gets assigned to our job, just been told our SS (second one) is leaving.
Ezza78
And up we go!

looking fab Ezza78

Very exciting
Ezza78
And up we go!

now just the roof and then the wonder of Hebel - quick quick it goes
Exxie
Looks great Ezza, you've almost caught up to us and our slab was poured a month before you...

Who is your SS?

Edit: Just saw JL. Hopefully he gets assigned to our job, just been told our SS (second one) is leaving.

Where are you building Exxie?

Does anyone know why some of the frame wood is green?

Ezza78
Where are you building Exxie?

Carnegie.

Our whole build has been one delay after another. Hopefully our roof (and yours) is done before Christmas.
Oh dear! What’s the delay? What stage are u at now? No our roof will be after Xmas.

Almost finished with frame.

Delays due to framer (supposedly) having personal issues and not turning up, followed by shortage of trades to replace them, then the super storm, then framer went to another site and now they've run out of some materials and need to fix some mistakes.

Couple that with materials sitting uncovered in the rain for a month and virtually zero communication and you can imagine why we're annoyed.

Don't even get me started on the slab...

All in all, a frustrating experience to say the least. Hopefully the new year and new SS will bring a new experience with them (but we're not holding our breath).
Exxie

Delays due to framer (supposedly) having personal issues and not turning up, followed by shortage of trades to replace them, then the super storm, then framer went to another site and now they've run out of some materials and need to fix some mistakes.

Couple that with materials sitting uncovered in the rain for a month and virtually zero communication and you can imagine why we're annoyed.

All in all, a frustrating experience to say the least. Hopefully the new year and new SS will bring a new experience with them (but we're not holding our breath).

Hi Exxie - some close up photos of your slab would be good - which Arden House r u building -
Exxie

I’m sorry to here that! Yes, let’s hope the new year brings a new experience for you. Good luck, keep us updated!

pEast
Hi Exxie - some close up photos of your slab would be good - which Arden House r u building -

Not much to see now. Long story short, we were told that the defects would be rectified. Luckily I didn't take their word for it and turned up on the morning of the pour and almost nothing was actually fixed.

Pretty deceptive if you ask me.

We're building a customised Toulouse.
Exxie
pEast

Not much to see now. Long story short, we were told that the defects would be rectified. Luckily I didn't take their word for it and turned up on the morning of the pour and almost nothing was actually fixed.

Pretty deceptive if you ask me.

We're building a customised Toulouse.

i too had turned up on the day

how was quality of the slab after 3/4 days - where the electrical box and wirings goes - did u check along the edges - especially once the framers put nail through
pEast
how was quality of the slab after 3/4 days - where the electrical box and wirings goes - did u check along the edges - especially once the framers put nail through

Seems OK with the exception of the electrical box area, which isn't fully enclosed by the concrete. NHI will check this during the frame inspection next week.
So our bloody SS (who has since been fired) never ordered our roof despite half a dozen confirmations. No roof for us either before Christmas... This is beyond ridiculous now.

How's your progress Ezza?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum